The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area



Syndicate
RSS/XML


RSS 2.0

Comment History for OzSpen

The Forum > User Index > OzSpen > Comment History

» 29/06/2020 4:31:00 PM The Inspector, <<I think the media in Australia, and Australians in general, are re.....
» 26/06/2020 9:30:30 AM GodsGrace, <<The truth is that more whites are killed by police than blacks...this .....
» 1/06/2020 7:05:29 AM Not_Now.Soon, <<When you get more help for doing nothing, then you can get by provi.....
» 1/06/2020 6:55:55 AM Aidan, <<Considering he [runner] doesn't even recognise me as a Christian (he regar.....
» 29/05/2020 8:10:15 AM Andrew, <<Not only may I not believe in any religion, but even if I do, I may think.....
» 28/05/2020 8:35:06 AM Aidan, <<If you want to see what happens when someone's theoretically a Christian b.....
» 28/05/2020 8:30:50 AM Alan B, <<runner, the Paul you are so fond of quoting was a self-confessed homosexu.....
» 28/05/2020 8:27:51 AM Mr Opinion, <<Applied Christianity? Is that different from Theoretical Christianity.....
» 27/05/2020 11:43:24 AM ateday, <<The bottom line is "whose life is it?">> The real bottom.....
» 27/05/2020 8:23:44 AM David, I can agree that all of these social benefits in Australia are parallel with 'appl.....
» 19/05/2020 12:29:07 PM Mr Opinion, <<Again how is me attacking your ARGUMENTS rather than attacking you PE.....
» 19/05/2020 11:24:03 AM Toni L, <<Sorry, what was that you were saying about abusive ad hominems? Because I.....
» 19/05/2020 9:02:30 AM Mr Opinion, <<I see you are trying to avoid a debate on the topic I raised. If you .....
» 18/05/2020 10:22:51 PM SteeleRedux, <<By its very definition Ad Homenim (sic) is an attack on the PERSON n.....
» 18/05/2020 12:10:34 PM Toni L, <<But his claim that "Logical fallacies prevent logical discussions&qu.....
» 18/05/2020 11:18:25 AM SteeleRedux, <<For God's sake mate, cut the crap.>> There you go again with .....
» 18/05/2020 8:27:12 AM Mr Opinion, <<I think you should go first. What is LIFE?>> The content of th.....
» 17/05/2020 10:05:44 PM Mr Opinion, <<PS Have you noticed how OzSpen and NNS are only good at preaching the.....
» 16/05/2020 7:57:31 AM Mr Opinion, <<I can just see OzSpen and Not_Now.Soon standing on the street corner .....
» 15/05/2020 6:53:17 PM thinkabit, <<"Can you look at anything today and say evolution did this, becau.....
» 15/05/2020 5:52:05 PM Greg, Thank you for an excellent assessment of the back-to-church gatherings - in steps r.....
» 15/05/2020 2:15:43 PM SteeleRedux, <<Yet in your own posts you have used the term on more than one occasi.....
» 15/05/2020 8:52:45 AM thinkabit, Please don't spend time discussing your view of science because that is not th.....
» 14/05/2020 4:42:38 PM Mr Opinion, <<Don't tangle with OzSpen and Not_Now.Soon because neither is searchin.....
» 14/05/2020 11:52:27 AM thinkabit, << I hope you realise that the detailed observation and study of every s.....
» 14/05/2020 8:04:13 AM When will you ever get the sequence correct, Mr Opinion? <<You find God because you.....
» 13/05/2020 7:18:10 PM SteeleRedux, <<What twaddle.>> There you go with another Ad Hominem fallacy .....
» 13/05/2020 12:18:36 PM NNS, <<You have it backwards that people believe in God because they have a religou.....
» 12/05/2020 7:39:26 PM Mr Opinion, <<You believe you are going to Heaven because you have a strong religio.....
» 12/05/2020 6:00:54 PM Mr Opinion, <<I just heard through the grapevine that you won't be going to Heaven......
» 12/05/2020 3:11:15 PM loudmouth2, <<Many of us atheists have great respect for the myths and stories of t.....
» 12/05/2020 10:47:10 AM NNS, <<Instead, you had to put in your distaste for christians who are evangelical,.....
» 11/05/2020 10:20:12 AM loudmouth2, <<we [atheists] spend our lives searching and wondering, since we have .....
» 10/05/2020 4:24:51 PM SteeleRedux, <<“You blessed someone who used the term Christophobic and said “Thank.....
» 10/05/2020 9:40:08 AM SteeleRedux, <<This is an opinion site. If you are so put out by the opinion of oth.....
» 10/05/2020 9:23:56 AM SteeleRedux, <<Where have I attacked your God? I consider myself a strongly cultura.....
» 9/05/2020 8:49:19 AM loudmouth2, <<OK, OK, you don't want tell us how many converts you picked up on thi.....
» 8/05/2020 3:52:34 PM runner, <<Don't be discouraged by those not interested in truth. Personally I know .....
» 8/05/2020 3:43:53 PM loudmouth2, <<They seem to have been eternal so far :) But I agree, that half a doz.....
» 8/05/2020 2:01:51 PM Mr Opinion, <<Please keep at it with LOUDmouth. I reckon he needs all to converting.....
» 8/05/2020 8:16:44 AM loudmouth2, <<No, I'm suggesting that the laws of physics have been around from eve.....
» 5/05/2020 10:12:34 PM loudmouth2, <<I'm quite happy with the notion that nobody or nothing 'made' the law.....
» 5/05/2020 10:10:58 PM SteeleRedux, <<As Wikipedia explains; “Genetic accounts of an issue may be true, an.....
» 5/05/2020 11:47:49 AM Foxy, <<I did not reject Matthias Media or their monthly news resource magazine &qu.....
» 4/05/2020 9:54:25 PM loudmouth2, <<nothing in the universe operates outside of the laws of physics>&g.....
» 4/05/2020 9:53:24 PM Foxy, <<However, I was hoping for a more objective discussion from you. Have you ev.....
» 4/05/2020 9:39:22 PM Foxy, <<You have given me a review of the late Prof. Barbara Thiering's book, ".....
» 4/05/2020 9:22:05 AM Yuyutsu, <<Indeed. Absolute Truth cannot exist because ... >> You stated you.....
» 3/05/2020 8:52:33 PM Foxy, <<She [the late Prof Barbara Thiering] provides a radically different history.....
» 3/05/2020 8:11:30 PM Armchair Critic, <<Spencer I don't enjoy having to always correct you, but you alwa.....
» 3/05/2020 5:37:47 PM loudmouth2, <<As a non-believer, with only a vague understanding of what Christians.....
» 3/05/2020 7:43:53 AM Banjo P, <<Whichever way you look at it, it's always difficult to explain how a bab.....
» 2/05/2020 6:15:42 PM Armchair Critic, <<As for 'Ad Hominen' I will tell you you're idiots if you act tha.....
» 2/05/2020 7:39:41 AM Armchair Critic, <<I told you all two months ago, anyone who believes the virus cam.....
» 1/05/2020 8:34:07 PM SteeleRedux, <<Without any forensic evidence of Christ's resurrection you accept it.....
» 1/05/2020 6:46:53 PM SteeleRedux, <<On of the most senior leaders in the Catholic Church escapes the jud.....
» 1/05/2020 10:08:16 AM ttbn, <<You contrarians need to have a look at Spencer Gear's qualifications and ex.....
» 30/04/2020 4:06:21 PM Daffy Duck, <<The humanly created world is an intrinsically unfathomable beginningl.....
» 30/04/2020 10:45:33 AM Alan B, It's time for you to deal with the content of my article and not promote your ant.....
» 30/04/2020 10:43:26 AM The Holy One, In your response you dumped your holey presuppositions on us. Your tacitly .....
» 30/04/2020 9:54:30 AM DL, Thank you for your encouragement. I'm grateful to OLO for publishing my Christian ass.....
» 15/04/2020 6:08:17 PM Luke, <<The church can help people impacted by the pandemic, not with prayers, but .....
» 5/04/2020 4:11:48 PM runner, <<For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women e.....
» 5/04/2020 4:00:56 PM Peter, <<It is impossible for the Church to maintain its position on sexual acts no.....
» 5/04/2020 1:13:33 PM Sells, <<I take exception to your suggestion that I cling to PC rather than scriptu.....
» 4/04/2020 1:44:11 PM PeterBo, <<I believe the argument for evolution, as proposed by Darwin, is unanswer.....
» 4/04/2020 9:36:15 AM Peter, You stated: <<It is not the rich and powerful who will enter the kingdom of .....
» 3/04/2020 12:21:02 PM Sells, I found this to be an excellent expose of what happens in some churches and you hi.....
» 1/04/2020 4:50:08 PM Steve S, <<What to do during a pandemic? Back off the Religious "Discriminatio.....
» 1/04/2020 10:03:17 AM David, <<The church can help people impacted by the pandemic, not with prayers, but.....
» 1/04/2020 9:38:40 AM David, I endorse much of what you wrote in your article. There are many churches and deno.....
» 30/03/2020 8:12:43 AM Peter, <<If the commentators to this On Line Opinion piece state which category the.....
» 29/03/2020 1:18:26 PM Not_Now.Soon, <<Reason #3 is just false. There are many great things that have only.....
» 28/03/2020 8:14:11 PM ttbn, <<It is quite ridiculous to me that atheists keep asking, 'is there a God'.&g.....
» 28/03/2020 8:01:43 PM Sells, Based on your comments in support of Peter Bowden's question, 'Is there a God?' do.....
» 28/03/2020 5:25:24 PM Peter, You have given up believing in god: <<probably the major reason was that he .....
» 27/03/2020 9:19:10 AM Armchair Critic, <<Why are Christians promoting an ideology which is certain to hav.....
» 26/03/2020 10:14:28 AM Canem, That's the same link I gave in my post......
» 25/03/2020 9:17:07 PM Armchair Critic, <<Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Idi Amin these are not examples of.....
» 25/03/2020 6:49:56 PM individual, <<What a day that will be!OzSpen,Sounds more like a Religion's got Tale.....
» 25/03/2020 3:29:21 PM ttbn, <<the workers needed in the regions should be filled by unskilled migrants, w.....
» 25/03/2020 10:05:42 AM ttbn, <<If there is an afterlife I hope it's nothing like the present one. Maybe wh.....
» 25/03/2020 8:36:11 AM ateday, <<One K Packer did and I`d (almost) believe him.>> 'In late 1990, tw.....
» 25/03/2020 8:10:44 AM ateday, <<Still anticipating the FIRST person to return and tell us what it is all .....
» 25/03/2020 7:49:32 AM Aries54, <<Poor ole' Oz, Oz, Oz, Precisely as described - a classic come back by a .....
» 24/03/2020 6:42:36 PM Armchair Critic, <<You need to learn the recipe for how my system succeeds where yo.....
» 24/03/2020 6:26:26 PM Armchair Critic, You were crude and rude in your response at: Posted by Armchair Critic, .....
» 24/03/2020 6:08:39 PM Armchair Critic, <<Ethics says "Everybody has a right to live however they cho.....
» 24/03/2020 5:53:35 PM Armchair Critic, <<"Those statements are loaded with your presuppositions:&quo.....
» 24/03/2020 5:39:31 PM Aries54, <<My favorite quote ever when religious types start quoting their sacred t.....
» 23/03/2020 11:50:45 AM Armchair Critic, <<Start by removing 'religion' as your moral compass and put 'ethi.....
» 23/03/2020 10:20:03 AM Armchair Critic, <<How would you know? Is this because that is what makes logical s.....
» 21/03/2020 5:28:10 PM Graham Y, <<Anyway, the idea that religious belief applied to public policy is irra.....
» 21/03/2020 3:28:51 PM Banjo P, <<The Holocaust and other crimes against humanity perpetrated by Hitler, S.....
» 20/03/2020 7:56:06 PM runner, <<I think you know OzSpen that most chaplains these days are either not all.....
» 20/03/2020 5:07:53 PM LesP, <<I fear for the future of the Nation with the changes to the Law relating to.....
» 20/03/2020 4:54:49 PM NNS, <<Many good points in your article OzSpen.>> What do you consider are t.....
» 20/03/2020 4:51:47 PM Aspley, <<Whose God? Christian , Muslim, Jewish or just the Flying Spaghetti Monste.....
» 20/03/2020 4:41:55 PM askbucko, <<The 'preamble' is not an operational section of the Constitution. The r.....
» 20/03/2020 11:11:32 AM Mark, <<This country is constitutionally secular. Not atheist, but secular>>......
» 20/03/2020 9:51:24 AM Banjo P, <<It’s not a question of morality, Spencer. It’s a question of the fundame.....
» 18/03/2020 5:34:41 PM SteeleRedux, <<Here is the exact verse Folau attached to his instagram post>>.....
» 18/03/2020 6:42:05 AM ateday, <<I do suspect though that there may be a lot of people disappointed after .....
» 16/03/2020 5:25:21 PM Not_Now.Soon, <<By that I mean your reasoning is that "everyone agree with me,.....
» 15/03/2020 7:26:33 PM ttbn, <<Last year ended with 709,600 Australians unemployed, an increase of 34,400 .....
» 15/03/2020 7:16:43 PM Cherful, (continued) "In Dutch usage, the term euthanasia legally covers cases in w.....
» 15/03/2020 7:09:05 PM Cherful, You make it sound so easy: <<The patient themselves can swallow the medica.....
» 15/03/2020 11:47:56 AM Cherful, <<That is why it has to be the sole choice of the dying person, only they .....
» 13/03/2020 9:36:46 PM Everald, <<As a Church Elder, I am publicly supporting Voluntary Assisted Dying (VA.....
» 13/03/2020 7:11:31 PM SteeleRedux, <<Mark had no virgin birth nor a spectacular ascent to heaven. I get w.....
» 13/03/2020 6:09:43 PM SteeleRedux, (continued) Note the man's question, 'What must I do to inherit eternal lif.....
» 13/03/2020 6:07:13 PM SteeleRedux, <<As to the divinity of Christ I will refer you to th good teacher's w.....
» 13/03/2020 8:47:12 AM jamo, <<Very small step from availability of an option to recommendation of that op.....
» 13/03/2020 8:42:06 AM (continued) Cherful, "Of physicians in the Netherlands, 15% have expressed concern .....
» 13/03/2020 8:35:56 AM Cherful, <<People shouldn’t be forced into these terrifying ways of dying when they.....
» 12/03/2020 5:46:42 PM jamo, <<Voluntary euthanasia is suicide. Call it what it is. >> I consider i.....
» 10/03/2020 5:47:03 PM SteeleRedux, <<I have a real affection for the Bible and will take issue with anyon.....
» 10/03/2020 2:57:22 PM SteeleRedux, <<That you and Mr Lewis find sustenance from said cult is fine. Whatev.....
» 10/03/2020 8:21:19 AM individual, <<Actually, ABC Radio is somewhat better than ABC TV.>> Since I .....
» 9/03/2020 9:36:26 PM SteeleRedux, <<Isn't that elite Christ?>> Jesus' washing his disciples' feet.....
» 9/03/2020 9:18:46 PM SteeleRedux, <<Jesus was not a God but rather a gifted and extraordinary teacher wh.....
» 12/02/2020 8:33:08 PM Yuyutsu, <<If I am told that Australia is willing to give them this visa, then with.....
» 12/02/2020 6:39:47 PM Yuyutsu, That is a practical and innovative idea - aged care visas for people to come fro.....
» 11/02/2020 12:49:19 PM Prof Peter, It is my view that it would be inhumane and lack compassion to kill the aged .....
» 25/01/2020 11:26:53 AM Vern, Thank you for a superb article that exemplifies what Jesus Christ taught: 'I did th.....
» 17/01/2020 8:35:55 AM runner, <<As far as ScoMO calling for prayer I am not so sure about. We have many o.....
» 16/01/2020 6:36:25 PM runner, <<ScoMo's calling for prayer would simply trigger the god deniers with thei.....
» 16/01/2020 4:59:40 PM Jay Cee Ess, <<Peter, it is very obvious from this opinion piece that your strong p.....
» 16/01/2020 8:30:50 AM ttbn, <<"Are the bushfires a result of climate warming?" No!>> 'N.....
» 11/01/2020 7:43:46 AM Hasbeen, <<I don't know where you are Bazz, but here in far southern Queensland we .....
» 10/01/2020 9:06:30 AM ateday, <<The only meaningful and long term cure to congestion, and many other prob.....
» 10/01/2020 8:16:29 AM Ross, I'm an atypical user of rail transport as an age pensioner who lives in a suburb on.....
» 22/12/2019 6:58:20 AM Graham, May you and your family have a blessed and happy Christmas season. Thank you for .....
» 4/12/2019 6:27:33 PM Banjo P, <<I also note that Lenski (September 14, 1864 – August 14, 1936), was an E.....
» 3/12/2019 8:08:21 AM Banjo P, In your research of the Gospel of Matthew you've given a very lop-sided theologi.....
» 2/12/2019 8:44:33 PM Banjo P, <<I nevertheless confirm that it was, indeed, my personal research which l.....
» 2/12/2019 7:51:19 AM Banjo P, While you said your post would be "continued", in the first part you s.....
» 30/11/2019 11:19:44 PM Banjo P, <<I understand that Papias’ statement was taken by Irenaeus, Origen, and E.....
» 30/11/2019 10:55:51 PM Banjo P, <<It appears that there is no firm evidence in the Greek text that it was .....
» 29/11/2019 9:39:46 AM Banjo P, I've now discovered the link I gave you to Craig Blomberg's article gives an err.....
» 29/11/2019 9:29:21 AM Banjo P, <<I have nothing to add to that – apart, perhaps, from observing (for the .....
» 29/11/2019 7:56:19 AM Banjo P, <<I was surprised to discover that nobody knows for sure who the Matthew o.....
» 28/11/2019 7:49:56 AM Banjo P, <<Nobody knows for sure who the Matthew of the bible was. Nowhere does he .....
» 26/11/2019 1:08:54 PM Banjo P, <<Nobody knows what “God’s view” is – of anything – Spencer. Let’s not for.....
» 26/11/2019 11:35:16 AM Elizabeth4, That's an excellent link to how Muslims, following the Quran, receive capital.....
» 26/11/2019 11:33:30 AM (continuation) individual, 5. God could get rid of evil right now if he chose. It happen.....
» 26/11/2019 11:21:53 AM Individual, <<So, why do you think God or Buddha don't [sic] stop the attrocities [.....
» 25/11/2019 7:26:47 PM Elizabeth4, <<How is it that Islam can advocate this? http://youtu.be/Vm6t_so-YiQ&g.....
» 25/11/2019 6:43:20 PM Alan B, <<Mr Ozpen Sir, your only authority comes from hugely plagiarized and embel.....
» 25/11/2019 6:29:10 PM Shadow Minister, When Belly wrote,<<Shadow Minister take the S off to make your lin.....
» 25/11/2019 12:16:45 PM Aries54, <<Spencer you really are becoming boring now. The arguments you present in.....
» 25/11/2019 10:19:10 AM Alan B, <<Sir, if Jesus walked among us today, you among equals, I believe, would t.....
» 24/11/2019 7:36:06 PM (continuation) Prof Montgomery added: 'It is fairer to compare the resurrection to other .....
» 24/11/2019 7:33:00 PM Banjo P, <<There is no consensus among scholars as to why Jesus was crucified.>&.....
» 24/11/2019 8:17:37 AM Not_Now.Soon, <<Am I defending religion? So far I'm the only one on the religious s.....
» 23/11/2019 11:02:42 AM Paul1405, <<A recent survey revealed that many Australians harbour incredibly negat.....
» 23/11/2019 10:48:36 AM Banjo Paterson, <<What had the young Jesus of Nazareth done to merit being tortured.....
» 22/11/2019 8:43:38 AM Josephus, <<OzSpen, We have eye witness accounts of Cook's voyage; what are you tal.....
» 21/11/2019 9:07:12 PM Josephus, <<The only facts that can be defined are the testimonies of the witness.&.....
» 19/11/2019 6:30:07 PM Armchair Critic, <<I've come up with a solution: Fireproof houses.>> That's .....
» 18/11/2019 10:46:13 AM Is Mise, <<Suggest a name change to UranusSpen 'cause you ain't on the same planet .....
» 18/11/2019 9:50:12 AM Is Mise, <<Israel the football star has linked the bushfires to same-sex marriage.&.....
» 17/11/2019 7:10:00 AM Armchair Critic, <<But you ruined your great first comment with the second. And not.....
» 17/11/2019 6:43:39 AM Stan15, Your comments reads like fake news to me. You have told 'a story that is presen.....
» 16/11/2019 7:17:33 PM Foxy, <<Homophobia is often rooted in conservative religious beliefs. Ms Court fits.....
» 16/11/2019 5:23:12 PM Armchair Critic, <<If you want to complain about 'Fake news', maybe the first thing.....
» 16/11/2019 5:15:00 PM Foxy, <<Margaret Court is entitled to her opinion. As are those who disagree with h.....
» 16/11/2019 12:01:16 PM Belly, <<No God ever existed>> That's your opinion! Your assertion! You hav.....
» 16/11/2019 10:24:31 AM (continuation) There is another primary issue that doesn't like to be raised on forums li.....
» 16/11/2019 10:18:51 AM ttbn, <<Incidentally, retired Monash University professor and bushfire researcher, .....
» 16/11/2019 8:28:40 AM Fake News is not only used by the Right, it also is in other journalism. Here's an example.....
» 16/11/2019 6:49:31 AM PenelopeP, Thank you for your encouragement. Sadly, often I see this contempt directed a.....
» 14/11/2019 9:15:35 AM Uganda Tours, <<Love your neighbor could mean to treat our fellow men the way we de.....
» 14/11/2019 7:49:07 AM Not_Now.Soon, <<OzSpen, from what you've shown in this article it seems ScoMo is al.....
» 8/11/2019 7:14:14 AM NNS, <<OzSpen, from what you've shown in this article it seems ScoMo is along the s.....
» 8/11/2019 7:10:10 AM Armchair Critic, <<t's not his job to act in accordance to his religion. In his per.....
» 7/11/2019 8:28:11 AM Ponder, <<That claim supports the reasoning that faith is the essence of religions......
» 7/11/2019 6:33:22 AM Armchair Critic, <<It's just one big psy-op of manipulation and control, from cradl.....
» 6/11/2019 8:48:27 PM Ponder, <<Why the obsessive attention to a belief system? Does Christianity relate .....
» 6/11/2019 8:38:22 PM Not_Now.Soon, <<... from what you've shown in this article it seems ScoMo is along .....
» 2/11/2019 9:06:51 PM Armchair Critic, <<Hey Spencer, Does your bible not say something about 'feeding a .....
» 2/11/2019 9:06:14 AM ttbn, You were crude and rude to me in your last comment......
» 2/11/2019 8:05:05 AM ttbn, <<All this virtue signalling is pompous prattishisness (sic) given that peopl.....
» 2/11/2019 7:43:42 AM Armchair Critic, << We should focus on our own lot, and leave others to do the same.....
» 2/11/2019 7:20:18 AM NNS, << What is within our means to help another country? And what can we do that ac.....
» 2/11/2019 6:48:48 AM NNS, <<My follow up question is what are the ways that Australia can help it's (sic).....
» 31/10/2019 9:04:55 AM Not_Now.Soon, << what does it mean to love your neighbor? Should you love a neighbo.....
» 29/10/2019 6:17:22 PM Alan B, <<And nowhere in this wide brown land is there an impediment to freedom of .....
» 29/10/2019 9:33:11 AM Leo Lane You and I cannot engage in a rational conversation as long as you continue with .....
» 28/10/2019 9:05:36 PM Leo Lane, So, are you a supporter of men betraying their marital vows and heading to the .....
» 26/10/2019 6:12:30 PM Anne-Maree, Thank you for an outstanding article, provoking us to think more deeply about.....
» 24/10/2019 8:32:22 AM Not_Now.Soon, There have been situations in Australia (and overseas) of 'Muslim cabbies r.....
» 24/10/2019 8:20:21 AM Rodney, You have been a staunch advocate for the LGBTIQ+ community for many years. Your p.....
» 22/09/2019 10:36:04 PM david f. <<There are books supporting biblical narratives and there are books denyi.....
» 20/09/2019 8:06:59 PM david f. <<Asserting nonsense does not make it other than nonsense.>> That i.....
» 20/09/2019 6:33:37 PM david f. <<The fact that belief is not evidence is obvious to any reasonable person.....
» 20/09/2019 6:23:41 PM Armchair Critic, <<Spencer wants not only write the articles and state the question.....
» 20/09/2019 11:16:32 AM david f. <<Your superstitious belief is not evidence. The Bible is not evidence. Ot.....
» 19/09/2019 6:47:39 PM david f. <<For a human virgin to give birth, for a god or for an afterlife there is.....
» 19/09/2019 6:26:06 PM david f, <<H11. The following ethical principles should in general be promoted: 1. .....
» 19/09/2019 6:11:48 PM LesP, <<Thank you Spencer for your Post.>> Thanks so much for your encourage.....
» 18/09/2019 7:25:45 PM AC, <<Hey Spencer,I've got a challenge for you.- What happened in 1666?>> Th.....
» 17/09/2019 9:06:33 PM Yuyutsu, <<Karma is but one universal law, just like gravity. The common thing abou.....
» 17/09/2019 10:02:14 AM Armchair Critic, <<Do you believe ScoMo has a conscience? And if so what do you thi.....
» 17/09/2019 9:25:34 AM Yuyutsu, You stated grace <<also comes in the form of the law of karma to set us ba.....
» 17/09/2019 7:45:55 AM GodsGrace, What a lovely pen name you have, especially on a secular forum like this.Welco.....
» 16/09/2019 8:25:36 PM Armchair Critic, <<If letting them stay leads to a political or legal path that res.....
» 10/09/2019 12:29:08 PM GodsGrace, <<We know that even atheists are moral persons...there's no need to be a.....
» 10/09/2019 12:26:40 PM Armchair Critic, <<When I asked you about the nephilim it was a rhetorical response.....
» 10/09/2019 7:29:07 AM Armchair Critic, <<Emphasis: AS long as it does not have 'negative or detrimental i.....
» 10/09/2019 6:50:32 AM Armchair Critic, <<What about the Book of Enoch and the Nephilim? Are the scripture.....
» 9/09/2019 12:03:51 PM (continued) Armchair Critic: <<You're all wondering why there is this persecution .....
» 9/09/2019 11:49:15 AM Armchair Critic, <<Then I believe that Christians are walking themselves off a clif.....
» 8/09/2019 9:09:13 PM Armchair Critic, <<These people were willing to put their kids on a boat>> I.....
» 8/09/2019 8:00:11 AM SF, <<You vote for a party here, not a person.>> Really? Try telling that to.....
» 8/09/2019 7:43:31 AM Armchair Critic, <<I just wanted to point out that knowing 'what is right' isn't as.....
» 7/09/2019 8:26:12 PM Armchair Critic, <<Maybe Scott Morrison is trying to be the good shepherd by tendin.....
» 7/09/2019 2:36:12 PM Loudmouth, <<Gravity and the universe were there before we came along and will be s.....
» 7/09/2019 8:27:37 AM Loudmouth, <<I don't see any need for a god, or anything supernatural, in all that......
» 5/09/2019 6:15:34 PM Have the Australian Home Affairs ministers ever intervened in other illegal asylum seeker .....
» 5/09/2019 5:27:26 PM diver dan, <<Oh..so suddenly it's a Christian society now is it Spenser (sic).>&.....
» 5/09/2019 7:51:28 AM In reading through the Comments to this thread, I notice that Diver Dan, SF, plantagenet, .....
» 4/09/2019 7:58:44 PM Don, I appreciated your article and your musings over the content of Levinson's book. I r.....
» 3/09/2019 8:13:07 PM individual, Watching that video was horrific. <<Why are the soldiers shooting into.....
» 2/09/2019 7:07:39 PM Daleo, <<Recently whilst looking at the probability that component parts of a simpl.....
» 2/09/2019 6:36:45 PM Waverley, <<It's weird how many people ignore the article under discussion and just.....
» 1/09/2019 9:29:45 PM individual, <<It rises at one end of the heavens. Then it moves across to the other.....
» 1/09/2019 7:04:58 PM ttbn, <<I'm a half-arsed Christian. I'm not sure if God exists, or if there's an af.....
» 1/09/2019 6:38:37 PM david f. A presupposition is 'a thing tacitly assumed beforehand at the beginning of a li.....
» 1/09/2019 5:56:49 PM david f. <<With a virgin having a baby, God in three parts, life after death and ot.....
» 31/08/2019 6:10:40 PM david f. <<I have no religious beliefs myself. I do not believe in the afterlife, d.....
» 31/08/2019 11:32:35 AM Peter, Can the nation of Myanmar in South-East Asia be a 'good neighbour'? Human Rights'.....
» 31/08/2019 11:07:49 AM david f, <<A divergent interest is the presence of Christianity in Australia and Is.....
» 29/08/2019 3:41:21 PM NNS, There is a place to go to find the research. It's called the National Church Life Su.....
» 28/08/2019 8:46:13 AM Yuyutsu, I am ordained (retired) with The Christian & Missionary Alliance of Australia, a.....
» 27/08/2019 7:27:37 PM Peter, I'm not a RC but you are a brave man to point to one of the core issues of RC: &l.....
» 17/08/2019 6:42:01 PM ALTRAV, <<Having said that, you will find that my explanation/interpretation of a &.....
» 17/08/2019 4:31:26 PM Alan B, <<If we were to successfully outlaw abortion, we'd transition through 20 bi.....
» 17/08/2019 11:06:38 AM ALTRAV, <<If I may throw in a comment with a different spin. In response to "W.....
» 16/08/2019 6:34:02 PM Is Mise, <<When is a human being separate from the mother, at what stage is it stil.....
» 16/08/2019 5:52:15 PM Hasbeen, <<OzSpen, you got one thing right, "in a woman's womb". That's n.....
» 16/08/2019 2:33:59 PM Alan B, <<Hey runner, I had a wart removed from my nose recently. Give (sic) it was.....
» 6/08/2019 9:48:48 AM Dan, <<A flaming article brimming with lies, obsecuring (sic) the truth.>> A.....
» 3/08/2019 7:30:10 AM Dan, I commend you for the reply you made to AC, Posted by diver dan, Friday, 2 August 20.....
» 2/08/2019 7:54:11 PM Sells, <<This argument is becoming rather strange. If heaven is a material place th.....
» 1/08/2019 6:02:11 PM (continued) Sells, <<Thus we have the usual problem of the mixture between materia.....
» 1/08/2019 5:59:56 PM Sells, <<Now we have it! Even if you put it in capitals there is the remote chance .....
» 31/07/2019 8:52:12 PM (continued) Sells <<That Wright produces a book that has to resort to made-up conc.....
» 31/07/2019 8:45:30 PM Sells, <<What you fail to understand is that Evangelicalism is a product of moderni.....
» 30/07/2019 5:53:32 PM Sells, <<oZSpen Yes>> You decided to not comment on any other portion of my.....
» 29/07/2019 7:17:15 PM Sells, <<On the authority of the bible. My observation of fundamentalist attitudes .....
» 29/07/2019 6:41:14 PM Pliny, <<The resurrection is not of itself an issue for me as a non-believer.>&g.....
» 29/07/2019 1:56:58 PM Pliny, <<This debate seems to me to be akin to fitting a square peg into a round ho.....
» 27/07/2019 9:13:29 PM Sells, <<I feel like I am repeating myself here.>> You are. How did Jesus' .....
» 27/07/2019 9:55:02 AM NNS, I'm concerned by your naive approach to the Bible and the Resurrection with statemen.....
» 26/07/2019 4:59:36 PM Peter, You complain about the apparent biblical contradiction re Jesus' resurrection: &.....
» 26/07/2019 1:09:42 PM Peter, You object to Wright's taking 'the physical view' of Jesus' as an historical event.....
» 8/07/2019 7:58:43 PM ALTRAV, In, Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 7 July 2019 8:01:17 AM, I provided you with evidenc.....
» 8/07/2019 3:35:31 PM ALTRAV, <<There just IS NOT any evidence of God showing himself to 'the people'. W.....
» 8/07/2019 7:16:29 AM ALTRAV, <<Well over time, I came to realise that at no time did God show himself to.....
» 7/07/2019 8:01:17 AM Yuyutsu, The topic of this thread is: 'Where’s the Prime Minister on the free speech cris.....
» 6/07/2019 9:56:21 PM Armchair Critic, <<If you possess at least half a brain and a conscience then you s.....
» 6/07/2019 9:49:56 PM ALTRAV, <<Until I receive absolute proof of all this religious posturing, I must go.....
» 6/07/2019 8:16:55 AM ALTRAV, <<Yuyutsu, OzSpen, if I read your comments correctly, you are completely of.....
» 5/07/2019 8:46:27 PM Yuyutsu, <<Now how is what you just wrote any better? When you [falsely] claim that.....
» 5/07/2019 9:03:28 AM Shadow Minister, <<Morality is strongly tied to having a strongly founded sense of .....
» 4/07/2019 11:46:15 AM Armchair Critic, <<I really think you Christians are braindead morons sometimes sor.....
» 3/07/2019 8:18:36 PM Foxy, <<If judgement is with the courts and ultimately with God than Folau doesn't .....
» 3/07/2019 7:49:46 PM PeterBo, <<believing in anything does not make it moral, And he was calling fro (si.....
» 3/07/2019 7:37:48 PM Foxy, <<Rugby Australia terminated Folau's employment contract after a Tribunal det.....
» 2/07/2019 8:28:29 PM LEGO, <<Foxy, if your employer told you that you could not publically express any p.....
» 2/07/2019 6:38:26 PM Foxy, <<Based on this doco it's legitimate to inquire if any damage has been caused.....
» 2/07/2019 1:14:58 PM Alan B, <<Quoting various alleged biblical text as if it were truth or the writer w.....
» 2/07/2019 12:57:59 PM Foxy, <<Lets leave out the personal attacks. People who enjoy the rights of free s.....
» 1/07/2019 7:25:58 PM Aries54, <<As usual the bible thumping hypocrites are tying themselves in knots che.....
» 1/07/2019 11:08:07 AM Peter, So Folau’s warning about that list of sinners destined for hell unless they repent.....
» 27/06/2019 8:26:15 PM Armchair critic, <<Freedom of speech means supporting the right of others to say th.....
» 27/06/2019 8:17:24 PM Daffy Duck, I found nothing productive for open discussion in your 3 paragraphs. <<.....
» 27/06/2019 11:31:10 AM Augusto, You have highlighted this freedom of speech brick wall so well. The PM is contri.....
» 5/06/2019 7:49:50 AM Peter, <<This writer believes that he [Anthony Albanese] will romp home at the next.....
» 30/05/2019 12:24:43 PM Jayb, <<They take their Polls where they feel they will get the best predetermined .....
» 29/05/2019 9:21:06 AM How did Neil McMahon in The Sydney Morning Herald respond? 'Q&A recap: Panel goes to hell .....
» 29/05/2019 9:16:08 AM Graham, Yours was an excellent analysis of the polls, pollsters and election idiosyncrasi.....
» 24/05/2019 8:25:22 AM david f, <<You didn’t provide evidence. You merely repeated biblical statements sup.....
» 22/05/2019 7:19:36 AM Alan B, <<As to the Author's assertions? I don't believe God was on the role nor co.....
» 22/05/2019 7:10:50 AM Loudmouth, <<You mention that rainbow that the homosexual movement seems to have pa.....
» 22/05/2019 7:01:29 AM diver dan, <<Quite frankly, Australia is ruled by gay rights radicalism under their.....
» 21/05/2019 10:10:13 AM Tristan, Yours is a brilliant, sane article - backed by research - that deals with the fa.....
» 21/05/2019 9:10:23 AM david f, <<You have opened new horizons to me. I never thought of having sexual rel.....
» 21/05/2019 12:25:33 AM david f, <<An eagle has better eyesight. A dog can run faster. A shark lives longer.....
» 21/05/2019 12:13:11 AM david f, <<OzSpen, Explain to me why a human being is more valuable than another an.....
» 20/05/2019 8:30:33 AM Shadow Minister, <<As the virtue signalling labor is now to remain on the oppositio.....
» 20/05/2019 12:21:37 AM Yuyutsu, <<What I find irrational is, how come so many find abortions gruesome but .....
» 19/05/2019 11:20:15 PM david f, <<I support Australian law which gives a woman the right to have a legal a.....
» 19/05/2019 12:01:46 PM david f, <<A Christian is any one who identifies as a Christian whatever their beli.....
» 19/05/2019 11:51:03 AM Max, <<The Pacific has been the target of a conversion campaign that started in the.....
» 18/05/2019 11:03:56 PM david f, <<The question incorporates a false equivalence. To be a baby one has to b.....
» 18/05/2019 6:51:11 PM david f, <<If parents want to indoctrinate their children in fantasies such as Sant.....
» 18/05/2019 2:02:36 PM Alan B, <<Runner and cohort. I almost always disagree with everything you and your .....
» 18/05/2019 1:47:47 PM rache, <<The religious in general and Christians in particular have an obsessive pe.....
» 17/05/2019 8:15:54 PM Loudmouth, <<You don't need to re-hash all that - us (sic) non-believers never beli.....
» 17/05/2019 1:58:16 PM Daffy Duck, <<surprise, surprise, many Christians, including "catholics" .....
» 17/05/2019 1:29:40 PM Pat, <<What about the right of students, parents and teachers in faith-based school.....
» 17/05/2019 1:04:34 PM John Ryan, <<What utter & complete RUBBISH>> That's a merciless way to addre.....
» 16/05/2019 5:01:06 PM david f, <<In an optional question on the 2016 Census, 52.1% of the Australian popu.....
» 16/05/2019 11:11:47 AM Yuyutsu, <<To put in my 2 cents, a Christian is one who, following Jesus Christ, is.....
» 16/05/2019 8:15:57 AM david f, <<A Christian is any one who identifies as a Christian whatever their beli.....
» 15/05/2019 10:01:20 PM david f, <<There is not one Christian viewpoint. Many Christians support our presen.....
» 14/05/2019 1:12:32 PM Loudmouth, According to the Cleveland Clinic, "On average, fertilization occurs abo.....
» 14/05/2019 12:17:46 PM david f, You continue to ignore the fact that there are 4 different types of Ad Hominem l.....
» 14/05/2019 9:09:47 AM Max, <<The Pacific has been the target of a conversion campaign that started in the.....
» 14/05/2019 8:37:17 AM david f, <<Ad hominem means to attack the person rather then the person's ideas. Yo.....
» 13/05/2019 9:48:17 PM david f, <<Bishop Spock>> Don't you know the difference between Star Trek's .....
» 13/05/2019 7:47:00 AM david f, <<I sympathise with your distress in dealing with someone who wants no par.....
» 12/05/2019 10:21:31 PM Andrew, <<Folau's paraphrase mentions the sexually immoral ("fornicators".....
» 12/05/2019 8:49:43 PM Loudmouth, <<Is an embryo already a human being? Or does this condition apply only .....
» 12/05/2019 8:24:34 PM david f, <<My intelligence explains more of my godless worldview than my sad childh.....
» 12/05/2019 12:58:13 PM Alan B, <<Does it matter if going full term will surely kill both the mother and ch.....
» 12/05/2019 8:17:35 AM Pogi, <<Folau's motives stem from the selfish imperative to be seen to be as close .....
» 12/05/2019 7:35:28 AM SteeleRedux, <<A fetus is a potential child, teenager, grandparent. So is an egg in.....
» 11/05/2019 11:28:16 AM Pogi, 2GB’s Alan Jones stated that Rugby Australia is on “the wrong side of common sense”.....
» 11/05/2019 11:11:27 AM Tony Max, <<Historical figures have claimed these powers are external to us and we .....
» 11/05/2019 11:05:50 AM Pogi, <<Folau is not being persecuted for his beliefs but for using his position wi.....
» 10/05/2019 10:21:13 PM individual, <<No-one aborts or rather kills babies after birth! Abortion is perform.....
» 10/05/2019 10:04:45 PM John Ryan, <<Well sorry to tell you assorted religious nutters who oppose abortion .....
» 10/05/2019 4:21:31 PM Alan B, <<LISTEN, MORONS, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO KILL SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE A .....
» 10/05/2019 4:09:19 PM individual, <<Does it matter if abortion kills babies? The foetus doesn't know any .....
» 29/04/2019 7:58:20 AM Ian, <<some religions fool themselves when they fail to see that personal behavior,.....
» 27/04/2019 8:05:40 PM George, <<What else should e.g. an atheists call it? Whatever your definition of le.....
» 26/04/2019 1:44:37 PM Yuyutsu, <<Regarding the Trinity, I was not claiming that your view is either true .....
» 26/04/2019 7:40:29 AM Yuyutsu, <<But I do believe in Jesus' bodily resurrection, except for the "det.....
» 25/04/2019 6:07:09 PM Yuyutsu, <<We [Hindus] are monotheistic in the sense that we acknowledge that all i.....
» 25/04/2019 8:10:29 AM George, <<I am sorry but I just have to repeat that one either accepts the Bible te.....
» 25/04/2019 7:44:31 AM Yuyutsu, <<When we Hindus worship saints and seers, we often include an image of Je.....
» 24/04/2019 7:14:54 PM Yuyutsu, <<Obviously it is not the crucifixion that is cause to Jesus' Samadhi - Je.....
» 23/04/2019 6:31:22 PM Old Man, << All that study to be awar5ded (sic) a doctorate Natasha and you still d.....
» 23/04/2019 6:22:32 PM Hasbeen, << To me religion, the belief in some supreme being, there to look after .....
» 23/04/2019 4:49:13 PM Yuyutsu, <<The ressurection (sic) accounts in the New Testament give us good reason.....
» 23/04/2019 12:17:13 PM Galen, <<I don’t need to acknowledge let alone believe in a ‘Jesus’ or God to be a .....
» 23/04/2019 11:22:33 AM ttbn, In the article about the nature of Jesus' resurrection, I asked, ""How sh.....
» 23/04/2019 11:17:15 AM Daffy Duck, <<Meanwhile these references thoroughly debunk all of the naive self-se.....
» 23/04/2019 8:45:27 AM Galen, <<"It has served us well, this myth of Christ“ One from a former Pope a.....
» 22/04/2019 8:59:52 PM ttbn, <<Terry Barnes (The Spectator) reckons Morrison made an "error of judgem.....
» 22/04/2019 8:21:17 PM david f, <<Some people believe in God. Other people don't believe in God. It is not.....
» 22/04/2019 8:23:05 AM Ian, <<So the term God was used to mean goodness, positivity, benevolence and the l.....
» 22/04/2019 8:16:33 AM Ian, <<There is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion&g.....
» 21/04/2019 9:29:36 PM Peter, This is an excellent, though brief, discussion on the movement towards e-journalis.....
» 21/04/2019 3:31:19 PM (continuation) Banjo, Christian apologist and Lutheran theologian John Warwick Montgomery.....
» 21/04/2019 3:29:26 PM Banjo, <<Belief is not evidence. Belief is subjective. Evidence is objective, i.e.,.....
» 21/04/2019 3:28:35 PM ALTRAV, <<OzSpen, don't be precocious and petulant. You know full well your questio.....
» 21/04/2019 3:27:28 PM david f, <<Please cite any comment I have made against God. I have never said anyth.....
» 20/04/2019 9:53:16 AM ALTRAV, <<For my part, if I were even a little more religious, I would remind every.....
» 20/04/2019 8:20:16 AM Banjo, <<We also have no idea how big space is. The nearest star to our Sun is Prox.....
» 20/04/2019 8:01:22 AM david f, <<Please explain how pointing out the flaws of a belief system have anythi.....
» 20/04/2019 7:56:32 AM Banjo, <<You continue to quote the bible as the sole evidence of the existence of a.....
» 18/04/2019 8:49:27 PM david f, <<I don't understand how saying that Christianity is nonsense is imposing .....
» 18/04/2019 8:47:01 PM omygodnoitsitsitsyou, <<Notwithstanding his undoubted sporting prowess he was never.....
» 18/04/2019 8:41:56 PM Banjo, <<Christianity confronted me with the God hypothesis which I took very serio.....
» 18/04/2019 8:40:48 PM david f, <<You will believe what you will. To me your beliefs are superstition.>.....
» 17/04/2019 9:33:58 AM Banjo, <<My understanding is that the biblical texts were written nearly 2,000 year.....
» 17/04/2019 8:53:41 AM david f, You quoted from Diarmaid MacCulloch's, A History of Christianity: <<I liv.....
» 17/04/2019 7:46:02 AM david f, <<Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false,.....
» 17/04/2019 7:40:36 AM david f, The Inspector wrote: "If you have jettisoned a belief in the existence of t.....
» 17/04/2019 7:24:55 AM Banjo, <<I spent half a century investigating the god hypothesis, expecting that I .....
» 15/04/2019 11:41:46 AM david f, <<In my opinion both Christianity and Islam are nonsense. However, people .....
» 15/04/2019 10:35:10 AM Banjo, <<Perhaps I should add that I consider that everybody has the right to emplo.....
» 15/04/2019 10:30:02 AM Banjo, Concerning Jesus Christ, you said: << I see no evidence to prove the existen.....
» 15/04/2019 7:40:22 AM ttbn, <<Christianity is dying in the West. It is being attacked by Westerners thems.....
» 15/04/2019 7:26:56 AM mikk, <<When will you theists learn?... Believe whatever nonsense you want just kee.....
» 15/04/2019 7:11:40 AM Banjo, <<All too often, I have observed in some people that their beliefs have beco.....
» 14/04/2019 2:55:00 PM Banjo, You missed what I wrote about the biblical definition of truth - aletheia - when I.....
» 13/04/2019 12:46:08 PM Banjo, Where do you go for your interpretation of 'objective'? It means <<Not depen.....
» 13/04/2019 8:02:11 AM Bill, You've written a superb article that exposes the inconsistencies of the homosexual .....
» 12/04/2019 7:33:33 AM Banjo, <<If I understand you correctly, you deplore that those Christians who are “.....
» 10/04/2019 8:23:59 AM Banjo, I appreciate your interaction and hope we can go somewhere with it. It's true tha.....
» 9/04/2019 6:34:59 PM Banjo, I've observed some of your habits in responding to religious topics on OLO. You've.....
» 9/04/2019 9:52:03 AM JBSH, <<Accusing a theologian of promulgating "fake theology" is like acc.....
» 9/04/2019 7:15:11 AM runner, << the 'Gods got a plan for your life message ' does have some merit if tau.....
» 8/04/2019 6:41:35 PM runner, You are correct that the fuller context surrounding John 3:16 provides a better u.....
» 8/04/2019 6:20:16 PM Daffy Duck, <<Never mind that mainstream institutional christian "theology&quo.....
» 8/04/2019 12:00:08 PM Aka, <<seems more like murder than euthanasia>> However, putting the words o.....
» 6/04/2019 7:50:48 PM ttbn, <<Voluntary euthanasia would be a good start to solving the problem.... There.....
» 6/04/2019 7:09:49 PM Rex, Thank you for an excellent assessment of the positives and negatives of ageing. <.....
» 3/04/2019 8:50:01 PM Greg, Congratulations on your brief but brilliant expose of the sexual ideology being pro.....
» 15/03/2019 9:23:08 AM Sells, You stated: <<the Church has already fallen. All Nicene denominations that.....
» 15/03/2019 9:07:47 AM Yuyutsu, Your second link was to the article by Dr Maurice Mizrahi, 'Behind the Bible'. .....
» 14/03/2019 7:53:09 PM Yuyutsu, <<First a few links: http://simania.co.il/bookdetails.php?item_id=1650 htt.....
» 14/03/2019 7:42:51 PM Yuyutsu, <<By definition ALL Scripture is God-breathed, yet the question remains, w.....
» 14/03/2019 8:29:52 AM Sells, <<"It is of first importance to grasp that 'facts', like wigs and snuff.....
» 14/03/2019 7:52:05 AM NNS, I didn't follow where you were heading in your last reply. Sells' beef is with the E.....
» 13/03/2019 7:37:46 AM To all posters. We have gone a long way off course from the original article's content by.....
» 12/03/2019 10:57:39 PM Yuyutsu, <<Many things in the OT are true, so nothing is wrong about Jesus mentioni.....
» 12/03/2019 10:43:41 AM Yuyutsu, <<This discussion over the accuracy and sanctity or otherwise of the old-t.....
» 12/03/2019 8:48:27 AM NNS, For more details on the long ending of Mark, see my article, 'Does Mark 16:9-20 belo.....
» 10/03/2019 7:52:12 AM NNS, <<for now I would settle for confronting the issue that there's no evidence of.....
» 9/03/2019 8:11:40 AM NNS, <<Do you have anything to support these claims, or are they just one more of y.....
» 8/03/2019 4:58:46 PM Yuyutsu, <<not everything that was ever written can be considered as scripture.>.....
» 8/03/2019 12:05:46 PM Yuyutsu, <<And they tried [removing Bible parts showing faults], but one, they were.....
» 3/03/2019 5:55:01 PM Yuyutsu, <<It is sad that the senator (Leyonhelm) is now leaving us and the good fi.....
» 3/03/2019 1:00:18 PM NNS, <<I would counter the term absolutist to be a useless term that only has one p.....
» 1/03/2019 5:43:38 PM LEGO, <<Oh, everything needs a designer, does it? Who designed God?>> Everyt.....
» 1/03/2019 5:39:34 PM runner, <<Strange how Lego is probably one of the most rational posters on olo. It .....
» 1/03/2019 5:29:58 PM (continuation) LEGO, <<Since God told the Jews that homosexuality was wrong, and (.....
» 1/03/2019 8:18:26 AM LEGO, <<I would not level that charge at you or Ozspen though. You and Ozspen are a.....
» 28/02/2019 4:21:06 PM LEGO, <<"Absolutists" are a personality type equating to fanatics.>>.....
» 28/02/2019 3:48:08 PM LEGO, <<Ozspen challenged me, so I took one glaring example of Christian absolutism.....
» 28/02/2019 3:33:43 PM LEGO, <<We were discussing intolerance, and I made the point that the most intolera.....
» 27/02/2019 6:05:23 PM LEGO, <<How many innocents died horribly because of your stupid God's idiotic instr.....
» 27/02/2019 9:51:44 AM LEGO, <<if you believe that God is right, and that witches should be executed, then.....
» 26/02/2019 1:19:39 PM individual, <<What puzzles me about God is that he endowed us with the ability to d.....
» 25/02/2019 11:04:20 AM Jason, <<Miracles are compatible with science in what sense exactly? To a mind will.....
» 25/02/2019 9:15:29 AM NNS, <<Here it is again. Provide a correct interpretation of any verse or section o.....
» 25/02/2019 8:47:02 AM Sells, <<the early Church was doing theology long before a word of the bible had be.....
» 25/02/2019 7:54:42 AM Sells, <<If they are taken as historical all our energy is spent on justifying this.....
» 25/02/2019 7:45:29 AM LEGO, <<If you believe that God's instructions are absolute, and that ordering his .....
» 24/02/2019 2:15:06 PM Armchair Critic, What I raised about Wintour's speech was that she was intolerant towards.....
» 24/02/2019 12:06:26 PM Sells, <<My argument is that biblical texts demand to be read theologically not as .....
» 24/02/2019 7:29:08 AM LEGO, <<The Absolutists (fanatics) among Christians, will never concede anything to.....
» 24/02/2019 7:13:46 AM LEGO, In a previous post to me, you stated: <<It is nice to have an intelligent dis.....
» 23/02/2019 8:53:05 PM Sells, <<all knowledge must by passed through the filter of facticity. What we witn.....
» 23/02/2019 1:26:58 PM Armchair Critic, <<I tried to read this article but I ended up giving up - I just c.....
» 23/02/2019 12:48:09 PM Sells, <<The role of knowledge, after Augustine, was to draw closer to the beatific.....
» 23/02/2019 12:24:19 PM Sells, <<My criticism of Evangelicalism is that it inappropriately imposes modern e.....
» 23/02/2019 10:38:35 AM LEGO, I'm not convinced with the identification of an 'absolutist personality'. <<.....
» 23/02/2019 7:52:04 AM Banjo, <<My memory of Gideons goes back to my early years in Australia where I was .....
» 22/02/2019 4:43:52 PM Banjo, <<Bibles are rarely “given” to “theologically uneducated individuals”.>&g.....
» 22/02/2019 12:45:06 PM Jason, You cite Ocasio-Cortez: <<We know that people disapprove of murder and that.....
» 22/02/2019 9:17:55 AM LEGO, <<Within any population of people, there exists a percentage of the populati.....
» 21/02/2019 9:52:33 PM Pogi, <<EVIDENCE is ignored when faith steps upon stage, for faith is the theist's .....
» 21/02/2019 9:19:20 PM Sells, <<This is a rather disappointing response from you. Let's start with a few f.....
» 21/02/2019 7:56:50 PM Ian, <<Throughout society there are people with strongly-held views who will argue .....
» 21/02/2019 7:21:55 PM Sells, << A friend has pointed out that my statement: "However, the early Chur.....
» 21/02/2019 6:46:29 PM Sells, If I were a student and you were teaching Theology 101 at your liberal Anglican th.....
» 21/02/2019 5:26:58 PM LEGO, Much of your reply affirms the content of my article. Thank you. <<This inab.....
» 21/02/2019 12:28:12 PM Alan B, <<Margeret (sic) Court may well have been a champion tennis player and yest.....
» 21/02/2019 12:17:42 PM TomBie, <<I'm not sure this article has made any progress on this difficult matter......
» 18/02/2019 7:51:57 AM Philip S, <<I don't know why people waste their time with posts by David Leyonhjelm.....
» 16/02/2019 2:01:15 PM plantagenet, <<Just making an OLO comment Oz. Freedom of expression!>> So th.....
» 16/02/2019 9:44:18 AM NNS, <<Based on OzSpen's explaination (sic) of your view of the bible, I can unders.....
» 13/02/2019 5:55:06 PM plantagenet, <<How to get into State? Have a quiet preference deal with NSW Nation.....
» 13/02/2019 8:02:39 AM David, In my view, you have made significant errors in your assessment. Firstly, you sta.....
» 12/02/2019 9:28:14 AM NNS, You wrote to Peter: <<But instead it was an invitation to share a theology tha.....
» 10/02/2019 8:41:31 PM runner, You stated: <<break one [of God's commandments] you have broken the lot. Su.....
» 10/02/2019 4:46:56 PM runner, <<break one you have broken the lot. Sure you know that. And of course that.....
» 10/02/2019 10:42:49 AM runner, <<Every person including mother Theresa have broken the 10 commandments>.....
» 10/02/2019 7:53:07 AM runner, This is what you wrote: <<<The depravity of man is very clear for all to.....
» 10/02/2019 7:06:05 AM Stephen, Yours is an excellent expose of the downside of the pursuit of postmodern decons.....
» 9/02/2019 1:39:58 PM Galen, <<OzSpen, who is this ‘we’ you speak of?>> The 'we' is from the OLO r.....
» 9/02/2019 1:23:13 PM Galen, <<As to flaming someone, well occasionally people deserve it.>> Not o.....
» 9/02/2019 7:37:11 AM Galen, One of the rules of On Line Opinion is: "Do not flame." "Failure.....
» 9/02/2019 7:26:37 AM runner, <<The resurrection of Jesus in bodily form occurred as far as I am concerne.....
» 7/02/2019 6:59:03 PM runner, From what Rowan wrote about the Resurrection of Jesus and whether it is history, .....
» 7/02/2019 11:30:12 AM Galen, <<Your belief is based on nothing but faith, hardly evidence of anything.>.....
» 7/02/2019 8:04:29 AM Galen, <<More importantly, the resurrection is an allegory, specifically relating t.....
» 7/02/2019 7:53:27 AM Rowan, Thank you for this magnificent expose of Peter Sellick's postmodern interpretation.....
» 7/02/2019 7:35:49 AM Banjo, <<The comparative study would have produced exactly the same results had it .....
» 6/02/2019 7:19:05 PM Banjo, <<that does not mean that they are exact reproductions of the autographs (ma.....
» 6/02/2019 6:37:38 AM Banjo, << how much of the “breathing” has been done by the hypothetical god and how.....
» 5/02/2019 12:47:00 PM Yuyutsu, <<Pain is real only to the extent that the world is real. That the world i.....
» 5/02/2019 10:07:18 AM Banjo, <<As far as I know, nobody has ever suggested that Homer’s manuscripts are i.....
» 4/02/2019 7:11:12 PM Yuyutsu, <<Could you honestly say that you have no wish, weakness or preference wha.....
» 4/02/2019 7:06:13 PM Banjo, I want to tune only one of your points: <<As you may know, the notion of or.....
» 4/02/2019 7:34:52 AM Yuyutsu, <<the fact that you complain about suffering means that you do not yet kno.....
» 3/02/2019 9:26:41 PM Banjo, <<I should add that as there have been no major revelations since the bible .....
» 3/02/2019 7:00:23 PM Yuyutsu, <<There is difference between knowing God and having information ABOUT God.....
» 3/02/2019 5:53:44 PM Banjo, <<I am dubious about your statement that most practicing Christians value th.....
» 2/02/2019 8:49:45 PM Armchair Critic, <<Obviously I'm not saying it's true since I stand for the 'I don'.....
» 2/02/2019 7:22:55 PM Armchair Critic, <<Hey Ozspen,How can you be sure it's 'God's Diagnosis' if it was .....
» 2/02/2019 7:10:32 PM JayB, <<Co un SELL or. If you break it up that's what they do. The first thing they.....
» 2/02/2019 8:08:39 AM Banjo, <<I could have guessed it, OzSpen. I’m sure the Gospels, in particular, are .....
» 2/02/2019 7:51:26 AM Armchair Critic, I asked: "Do you know God's reason why you don't want to come to Hi.....
» 2/02/2019 7:26:47 AM JayB, <<I have been to Councilor's & I have a Niece who is one. Loony Tunes. She ha.....
» 1/02/2019 6:44:56 AM JayB, <<Ozspen: You know that a PhD dissertation, the highest degree in my discipli.....
» 31/01/2019 8:35:11 PM plantagenet, <<What I wanna know is what all this inconsequential religious mumbo j.....
» 31/01/2019 8:07:31 PM Dr Page, <<OzSpen. I probably don't know enough about Crossan to respond sufficient.....
» 31/01/2019 8:02:23 PM Yuyutsu, <<Knowing God ends all suffering.>> That's as you see it from your .....
» 31/01/2019 7:56:49 PM Armchair Critic, <<All I'm really willing to share is that I had it forced upon me .....
» 31/01/2019 7:53:15 PM Armchair Critic, <<Why would God give you touch, taste, sight, smell and hear, as w.....
» 31/01/2019 7:44:20 PM Banjo, Previously you claimed you read 200 of N T Wright's 817pp on The Resurrection of t.....
» 30/01/2019 8:12:39 AM Toni, <<Time began at the Big Bang, 13.799 ± 0.021 x 10^9 years ago; the Earth wasn.....
» 30/01/2019 7:47:56 AM Armchair Critic, <<Why would God give you touch, taste, sight, smell and hear, as w.....
» 29/01/2019 9:21:00 PM Dr Page, Thanks for your suggested topics for a Google search for your dissertation. <.....
» 29/01/2019 8:55:17 PM Sells, <<that "evidence" if understood as evidence that the events in the.....
» 29/01/2019 8:47:34 PM VK3AUU <<One of the "other things" which makes me believe that the bible .....
» 29/01/2019 8:42:39 PM plantagenet, <<What I wanna know is what all this inconsequential religious mumbo j.....
» 28/01/2019 11:11:49 AM Alan B, <<And is Oz pen, claiming he can hear the voice of God giving him instructi.....
» 28/01/2019 10:17:01 AM Banjo, << Wright’s religious treatise contains 817 pages, whereas, by comparison, E.....
» 27/01/2019 8:31:38 PM Toni, <<or God if you prefer, since no meaningful distinction can be made - than th.....
» 27/01/2019 8:10:35 PM Yuyutsu, <<Not so radically different, compared for example with the atheist perspe.....
» 27/01/2019 8:06:01 PM Banjo, <<Tom Wright is a prolific writer and rather long-winded. He has written ove.....
» 27/01/2019 7:09:43 PM Alan B, <<Many things in our modern bible are clearly invention, created to conform.....
» 27/01/2019 6:48:25 PM Toni, <<Can he [God] create a rock so big he can't lift it, then?>> With res.....
» 27/01/2019 6:13:28 PM ttbn, <<Why are professional and ethical standards so important for universities? T.....
» 27/01/2019 5:58:50 PM individual, I used the example of the homeless to demonstrate a critical realist ontology.....
» 27/01/2019 11:25:38 AM Yuyutsu, <<We are just discussing the same, only from two different perspectives, u.....
» 26/01/2019 11:54:43 AM individual, <<critical realism, Dr James Page, Would that be the kind of scenario i.....
» 26/01/2019 11:19:09 AM Dr Page, <<I've published on Pannenberg and critical realism, although not as in-de.....
» 26/01/2019 8:40:20 AM Yuyutsu, I asked you, Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 24 January 2019 8:10:01 PM: "Would.....
» 25/01/2019 1:02:31 PM Dr Page, <<On the importance of hearing both sides of an argument, I like Gandhi's.....
» 25/01/2019 11:35:29 AM Dr Page, <<I like your description of research as seeking information "which c.....
» 24/01/2019 8:23:00 PM Banjo, <<Thank you for introducing me to the retired Anglican Bishop of Durham, Tom.....
» 24/01/2019 8:10:01 PM Yuyutsu, <<Granted, Jesus is God, but it is not an either-or: nothing precludes Jes.....
» 24/01/2019 8:23:19 AM Banjo, In writing to George, you stated: <<No doubt it was your use of the word “r.....
» 24/01/2019 7:55:59 AM Dr Page, <<an equally important function for Universities is the search for truth, .....
» 24/01/2019 7:36:26 AM Dr Page, As a grammatical aside, I was surprised you capitalised the common noun, univers.....
» 23/01/2019 9:55:52 AM Banjo, << I must say I am deeply impressed by all those on this forum whose imagina.....
» 23/01/2019 8:46:55 AM Yuyutsu, << I disagree that a body, any body, can last forever, but yes, it is poss.....
» 21/01/2019 6:51:09 PM Yuyutsu, <<If we are to get back our old bodies when resurrected, then the question.....
» 21/01/2019 7:13:19 AM Penelope, <<Yes, it is encouraging to hear Christmas carols played over shopping ce.....
» 21/01/2019 6:53:44 AM Sells, <<We must understand that between them [Paul & first century people] and us .....
» 21/01/2019 6:36:24 AM Sells, <<Thanks for the links. I found the Eric Weis reference very obscure. This i.....
» 19/01/2019 10:00:30 PM Sells, << Wow! Transphysicality. That is a word to conjure with. Wright must be the.....
» 19/01/2019 12:35:07 PM runner, You'll need to ask Sells to unpack 'ideology of biblicism' for you, as to what he.....
» 19/01/2019 11:33:38 AM Sells, <<And no, I am not ashamed to say that I believe in the physical resurrectio.....
» 18/01/2019 8:35:50 AM Sells, In your article, you stated: <<It is therefore acceptable to say that we be.....
» 17/01/2019 10:06:13 PM Sells, <<How dare you call me a liberal, I am exactly the reverse.>> Really?.....
» 17/01/2019 9:26:09 PM Toni, <<Spencer, if I had a dollar for every fallacy you've committed..>> I .....
» 17/01/2019 9:22:57 PM Sells, <<I still do not have and answer to my question about the location of the bo.....
» 17/01/2019 6:32:15 PM Daffy Duck, <<Every minute fraction of this essay is an exercise in childish fantas.....
» 17/01/2019 6:18:17 PM rache, <<The next [gospel] said he was born in Nazareth (a town that didn't even ex.....
» 17/01/2019 7:56:07 AM Sells, << A literalist reading is an unnecessary block to modern belief and one of .....
» 16/01/2019 8:19:46 PM Sells, <<I think that the only answer is that Jesus' bones lie in Palestine. We mus.....
» 16/01/2019 8:14:13 PM Toni, What's the topic? How do you reply? <<Of course you do. Although it should .....
» 16/01/2019 8:12:13 PM Sells, <<I am still waiting for an answer. Where are the bones of Jesus?>> Y.....
» 15/01/2019 7:24:19 PM Peter, You responded to runner: <<So, Runner, where are the bones of Jesus? If you.....
» 15/01/2019 7:12:57 PM John Ryan, <<The Bible but which version? there's so many, it is not quite as bad a.....
» 15/01/2019 7:08:41 PM Alan B, <<Excludes important theology, i.e., we're all fallen angels trying to get .....
» 15/01/2019 7:02:07 PM Peter, You are at it again with your attack on evangelicals who support the bodily resurr.....
» 3/01/2019 10:01:32 AM rache, <<The common nativity story is largely a myth.>> It's your post that .....
» 30/12/2018 3:08:02 PM Yuyutsu, <<Stop behaving like helpless victims: set yourself free, take the driver'.....
» 30/12/2018 12:55:56 PM Is Mise, <<The Christian world view makes sense 365/anum, what doesn't make sense i.....
» 29/12/2018 8:46:14 PM Is Mise, <<>"How can you have faith when no less a person than a Cardinal o.....
» 29/12/2018 12:30:56 PM Foxy, << I can see that you want this conversation to continue. I prefer to let it .....
» 29/12/2018 7:18:26 AM Foxy, <<People have to find their own path.>> Please help me to understand h.....
» 29/12/2018 7:16:07 AM NNS, I thought it was an excellent analogy you gave of a witness testifying in court, bas.....
» 29/12/2018 6:56:33 AM Foxy, <<Part of dealing with the content of a Christian World View is also being ab.....
» 28/12/2018 4:39:14 PM <<On the contrary. I did not divert anything. I felt it important that the mistakes .....
» 28/12/2018 3:39:37 PM Foxy, <<There is no doubt that the clerical profession has taken a severe battering.....
» 27/12/2018 8:37:19 PM NNS, <<Would you consider any other form of history in a non literal way?>> .....
» 27/12/2018 8:10:09 PM Foxy, <<If someone thinks the Bible is inerrant - that it has no errors - again, ar.....
» 27/12/2018 7:54:11 PM Foxy, <<You can't argue with someone who takes the Bible literally. You pray for th.....
» 27/12/2018 8:17:00 AM Alan B, << The message of Chrismas (sic) is peace and goodwill to all mankind!>&g.....
» 27/12/2018 7:43:53 AM NNS, << the observation that many only use any topic in Christianity to fill spread.....
» 27/12/2018 7:31:44 AM Alan B, You take the opportunity to dump vitriol on Christianity when Christian or Christ.....
» 27/12/2018 7:19:59 AM Banjo, <<Religious faith is not based on logic and comprehension. It is based solel.....
» 27/12/2018 6:36:07 AM Toni, <<God will save all who live a decent moral life>> That statement is f.....
» 26/12/2018 10:54:12 AM Alan B, You were the one who acknowledged your "limited reading of the Bible" i.....
» 25/12/2018 11:12:55 PM runner, I appreciate your enthusiasm for standing up for what you believe to be a Christi.....
» 25/12/2018 10:15:43 PM Sells, You oppose NNS and the use of miracles to support the foundation of Christianity -.....
» 25/12/2018 9:22:48 PM (continued) Alan B, You wrote: <<In fact, the story of the exodus may have been a.....
» 25/12/2018 9:18:19 PM Alan B, <<Nothing committed to paper over fifty years after the event, Is necessari.....
» 24/12/2018 7:51:41 PM JBowyer, Why won't you address the issues I raised with you about your anti-Christian pre.....
» 24/12/2018 7:27:45 PM VK3AUU (David), It is horrendous what the Royal Commission into sexual abuse found with s.....
» 24/12/2018 7:01:46 PM DL, <<Interesting article Spencer. People seem to knock the Christians a lot and po.....
» 24/12/2018 6:29:48 PM JBowyer, After reading your response, I asked myself: 'What do these comments have to do .....
» 24/12/2018 11:33:58 AM Peter, Why must you impose your liberal theological views on Jesus' miracles. You stated:.....
» 20/11/2018 12:26:45 PM Yuyutsu, (continued) <<You are not a human being, nor do human beings last for ete.....
» 20/11/2018 12:19:48 PM Yuyutsu, <<Christian Scriptures also consist of the accounts of Christian mystics a.....
» 20/11/2018 9:19:41 AM Yuyutsu, <<To spend either eternal life or eternal damnation, you must at least be .....
» 20/11/2018 6:36:42 AM Yuyutsu, Barry Long died on 6 December 2003 from prostate cancer. He examined "anoth.....
» 18/11/2018 10:01:35 PM Yuyutsu, <<The depiction of the nature of human beings is the same in Christian and.....
» 18/11/2018 8:06:55 PM Yuyutsu, <<The Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita tell us that the only difference be.....
» 16/11/2018 8:54:20 PM Kuranda, << … "Extremist" and "Islam" are two diametrically opp.....
» 16/11/2018 6:51:17 PM Yuyutsu, <<I wholeheartedly agree that God is neither Yuyutsu nor OzSpen. All I was.....
» 16/11/2018 9:46:28 AM Yuyutsu, <<The bible is not explicit about who we are. It discusses the origins and.....
» 15/11/2018 6:27:49 AM Yuyutsu, <<Nor can your puny mind which believes that you are just a small entity, .....
» 15/11/2018 6:10:36 AM david f. <<The stories in the Bible are only evidence that some humans wrote down t.....
» 14/11/2018 9:01:45 PM david f., <<You and I will both die. That will be the end for both of us. There wil.....
» 14/11/2018 2:22:56 PM Allan B, <<I think we know good from evil if never ever having read a bible or holy.....
» 14/11/2018 2:12:51 PM Alan B, <<I believe Dan is right, that we are indeed fallen angels,,,,>> Ins.....
» 13/11/2018 7:43:19 PM david f, <<If God wanted humans to behave well why forbid them to eat of the fruit .....
» 13/11/2018 7:14:36 PM Yuyutsu, <<God. Is there more than one?>> You were the one who stated you we.....
» 13/11/2018 1:19:41 PM (continued) Peter, Where was Eden located? I don't know the exact location in the 21st c.....
» 13/11/2018 1:15:30 PM Peter, Throughout your article, you have given us your presuppositions, not based on the .....
» 13/11/2018 12:06:28 PM Yuyutsu, <<We CAN pursue an understanding of God and it is an excellent practice wh.....
» 13/11/2018 9:21:15 AM Peter, <<Scripture must be read through the lens of theology.>> I consider t.....
» 12/11/2018 9:52:20 AM rache, <<Unlike the Theory of Gravity (which most seem to accept without argument),.....
» 12/11/2018 8:22:57 AM Yuyutsu, <<A person is only a physical object. YOU, however, are not a person nor a.....
» 11/11/2018 10:49:38 PM Toni, <<You'll be waiting a mighty long time then, friend. Humans didn't evolve fro.....
» 11/11/2018 10:25:54 PM Toni, <<A theory is an explanation - or system of explanations - of natural phenome.....
» 11/11/2018 9:20:09 PM rache, <<If the Bible is going to be used as the some sort of moral guide then it e.....
» 11/11/2018 8:26:10 PM Yuyutsu, <<A person is a physical object, so are animals, so are computers, so you .....
» 11/11/2018 8:21:25 PM Yuyutsu, <<Exactly, God can be known but not understood!>> It is not exactly.....
» 8/11/2018 8:32:21 AM ttbn, I don't find it helpful to use labelling of people as left or right. You may not kn.....
» 8/11/2018 8:11:19 AM Bren (continued), <<Scientific discoveries in the fields of astronomy and biologica.....
» 8/11/2018 8:04:11 AM Bren, <<The Bible never resolves these issues anyway. You end up moving from ethica.....
» 8/11/2018 7:15:03 AM Louis, <<The tale of Adam and Eve has great power and depth and I think the message.....
» 8/11/2018 6:32:29 AM individual, <<Swiss cheese is very holey!>> So are holey arguments!.....
» 7/11/2018 7:40:31 PM Yuyutsu, <<You understand God? Then whatever you understand is incorrect because Go.....
» 7/11/2018 9:24:02 AM Yuyutsu, <<The ultimate truth is God, that there is nothing but God, that you are G.....
» 6/11/2018 7:08:51 PM Yuyutsu, <<Nothing in the objective world, INCLUDING INTELLIGENCE, can disprove det.....
» 6/11/2018 6:56:58 AM Louis, Thank you for your response. << To paraphrase Sam Harris, free will is the .....
» 5/11/2018 5:52:12 PM Daffy Duck, <<One thing that should be quite obvious is that to be a sinner is to b.....
» 5/11/2018 10:20:56 AM Louis, While you've provided an explanation of determinism, I didn't readily see your def.....
» 9/10/2018 6:32:00 PM My, oh my, it happened but I have no idea what caused it to happen this time and not for t.....
» 9/10/2018 6:29:45 PM Would one of you be able to give me some technical assistance for this forum? When I post.....
» 9/10/2018 6:22:24 PM Bazz, Go nuclear, go clean coal-fired stations, go renewables to obtain reliable power ac.....
» 8/10/2018 3:10:26 PM runner, I can understand how you put him in Andrew Bolt's category in dealing with the L.....
» 8/10/2018 8:05:23 AM LEGO, In my previous reply to you, I mentioned … + Your illogical use of an Appeal to Ri.....
» 7/10/2018 7:58:51 AM LEGO, Your ridiculing Toni Lavis was totally unnecessary. Here you resorted to an Appeal .....
» 6/10/2018 1:16:27 PM LEGO, Please read my post again at: OzSpen, Saturday, 6 October 2018 6:31:33 AM At no po.....
» 6/10/2018 6:31:33 AM LEGO, Exalting the White Australia Policy and dumbing down on multiculturalism misses a c.....
» 5/10/2018 2:26:04 PM Bazz, Why don't you share with us some of the main points Enoch Powell made about immigra.....
» 5/10/2018 7:32:06 AM You've hit the nail on the head, Bazz, by labelling the Fraser Anning saga a 'stupid respo.....
» 4/10/2018 11:24:34 AM ALTRAV, <<It is not enough to merely say someone is 'wrong' if you want to say it f.....
» 4/10/2018 7:59:25 AM ALTRAV, My article agrees with the sentiments of the early part of your comment. The Nazi.....
» 2/10/2018 2:29:08 PM Aidan, <<why resort to gas rather than wind?>> The answer is simple. Gas is .....
» 2/10/2018 1:57:32 PM I find difficulty in comprehending the gap between what PM Scott Morrison and his MPs say .....
» 23/07/2018 8:50:24 AM (continuation) JayB, <<Should I agree with Crossant, Spencer, or disagree depends .....
» 23/07/2018 8:44:49 AM JayB, <<I will read the whole thing, make some notes & draft a reply as I see it fr.....
» 15/07/2018 6:07:22 PM HereNow, <<Oz Spen - why does religion advocate a violent, punishing god - after cl.....
» 12/07/2018 2:11:38 PM Toni, <<ya dozy bugger>> You can't get away from fallacious reasoning. This .....
» 12/07/2018 12:34:08 PM Yuyutsu, <<Decriminalising assisted suicide will only save lives: old but healthy p.....
» 12/07/2018 11:33:23 AM Toni, <<Seriously? You think we should be outraged that modern marvels like antibio.....
» 12/07/2018 8:42:08 AM Yuyutsu, <<God has no rights - who possibly could grant Him rights? who possibly wo.....
» 11/07/2018 8:26:07 AM David, <<If assisted suicide becomes legal ... it is hopefully leading to a hearty .....
» 11/07/2018 8:17:36 AM Alan B, <<Only God has the right to play God.>> Well said. However, there i.....
» 10/07/2018 11:47:47 AM No, Foxy. <<yet you denigrate Thiering's 20 years work - because it doesn't agree w.....
» 10/07/2018 11:44:20 AM Jayb, You have committed the Appeal to Ridicule Fallacy: 'Presenting the argument in such.....
» 10/07/2018 9:31:35 AM Jayb, It was you who wrote of my dissertation, <<You were researching from the poin.....
» 10/07/2018 9:20:28 AM individual, <<This religion superstition is getting out of hand AGAIN.>> Tha.....
» 10/07/2018 8:49:18 AM Jayb, <<Yep, I do. You were researching from the point of view that the New Testam.....
» 9/07/2018 9:59:56 PM Toni, You must think I'm a dill with a comment like this: <<I think technically yo'.....
» 9/07/2018 9:51:39 PM Belly, <<One thing I can say for sure, I want no Church, no God, [who I do not beli.....
» 9/07/2018 9:26:22 PM Foxy, <<My mistake. I simply assumed you were, because of your link to Matthias Med.....
» 9/07/2018 11:57:47 AM ttbn, Describing Australia as 'the authoritarian state' with 'tin pot dictators', are you.....
» 9/07/2018 9:14:51 AM Toni Lavis, <<That's not a libertarian world view, that is classic liberal philosop.....
» 9/07/2018 12:04:46 AM Is Mise, <<I'm in favour of it, we are told from childhood that we are responsible .....
» 8/07/2018 10:51:48 PM Foxy, <<Your total rejection of Thiering's book is understandable and to be expecte.....
» 8/07/2018 3:03:18 PM ttbn, <<The Bill is unlikely to pass in the lower house, and even if it did, so wha.....
» 8/07/2018 8:11:24 AM Unfortunately, that link does not work from my post. Although this document has no heading.....
» 8/07/2018 7:57:05 AM Josephus, Yes, it is a disturbing motion. However, this comes out of Liberal Democrat Sen.....
» 7/07/2018 9:51:23 PM (continued) Foxy, Contrary to the exegesis of the biblical text, Thiering claims that 'i.....
» 7/07/2018 9:41:46 PM Foxy, <<While I appreciate your giving me the link from Tony Payne's "Matthia.....
» 7/07/2018 4:01:21 PM Foxy, <<Have you read the book - "Jesus The Man," by Barbara Thiering?>.....
» 7/07/2018 12:54:41 PM David, <<Those who have seen my aging visage but are not familiar with my libertari.....
» 7/07/2018 8:31:31 AM JayB, <<His [J A T Robinson] research favours the narrative he wishes to teach. It .....
» 6/07/2018 8:05:20 PM Alan B, The bad news regarding marijuana intake continues: 7. Depression of Immune syste.....
» 6/07/2018 7:58:53 PM Alan B, <<Marijuana doesn't cause the psychosis ttbn, just amplifies what is alread.....
» 6/07/2018 7:30:59 PM Jayb, <<OzSpen: When the Gospel was proclaimed after Jesus' death and resurrection,.....
» 6/07/2018 5:38:58 PM Foxy, You don't seem to understand the nature of the red herring logical fallacy you comm.....
» 6/07/2018 7:47:00 AM Belly, <<as it has with the way we speak developed many different Gods, three from .....
» 5/07/2018 8:50:29 PM Foxy, Again you've not dealt with the content of what I wrote about your use of a red her.....
» 5/07/2018 5:39:03 PM Belly, <<oz Spen please know once I was just as committed as you seem to be, I was .....
» 5/07/2018 5:29:03 PM Nice try, Foxy! Not one line of your response had anything to do with the content of what .....
» 5/07/2018 2:03:23 PM Belly, <<I would never tell God any thing, however I would ask these things, why Go.....
» 3/07/2018 12:30:19 PM Foxy, <<God being Almighty, All Knowing, and All Powerful won't need me to tell Him.....
» 3/07/2018 10:54:24 AM Foxy, <<What about those who are not Christians? The Bible has not meaning for them.....
» 3/07/2018 10:44:12 AM Foxy, Seconds or minutes after your last breath, is this what you will tell God? <<.....
» 2/07/2018 3:07:56 PM Single-use plastic bags is a misnomer. They have never been single-use at my place. Most .....
» 23/05/2018 7:01:53 PM <<Bigotry is not smart business. It is bad business. And it is for this reason that .....
» 22/04/2018 6:11:58 PM Toni, <<Heat is energy that is transferred from a warmer substance or object to a c.....
» 22/04/2018 5:43:53 PM AJ Philips, Inference + inference + presupposition + presupposition by you does not add u.....
» 19/04/2018 2:14:13 PM Hasbeen, There was not one word in my writing of forcing God on you or anyone else. I pre.....
» 19/04/2018 2:00:05 PM AJ Philips, Your words from 16 April amount to a straw man fallacy. None of that emphasis.....
» 16/04/2018 12:45:34 PM Hasbeen, You are avoiding dealing with the specifics of the questions I asked: "Have.....
» 16/04/2018 12:23:27 PM Faustino, It's too bad you didn't deal with the content of what I wrote about the evil he.....
» 16/04/2018 8:00:00 AM Hasbeen, Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life? Are you goody tw.....
» 15/04/2018 9:10:06 PM Toni, Your comments about believing in the Lord Jesus and 'everyone living in their house.....
» 13/04/2018 1:21:51 PM Alan B, Thank you for giving further examples of this malignancy, disease, deceit - which.....
» 12/04/2018 2:03:33 PM Agronomist, <<Indeed I do have a problem with evangelical Christians. The problem I.....
» 12/04/2018 10:18:45 AM Graham, You have provided a penetrating and honest assessment of the Folau statement abou.....
» 10/04/2018 12:13:23 AM Special Delivery, You made this pejorative comment about Christianity or those who believ.....
» 8/04/2018 5:51:26 PM Toni, So you say of this, "You never presented any bloody evidence in the first plac.....
» 8/04/2018 8:00:38 AM Special Delivery, Sadly, this is another dumping of your presuppositions in this forum's .....
» 7/04/2018 8:57:34 PM Special Delivery, I'm not aware of any archaeological finds that have uncovered specifica.....
» 6/04/2018 10:01:46 AM Toni Lavis, If you had read the statements you quoted in context, you would know that I s.....
» 5/04/2018 10:04:55 PM diver dan, "King Henry VIII presided over the burning of witches at the rate of 3.25.....
» 5/04/2018 12:58:46 PM diver dan, The issue of the article was Jesus Christ's resurrection and not John Calvin a.....
» 5/04/2018 8:37:50 AM Daffy Duck, You stated: "Unless anyone, including all of the "expert authoriti.....
» 5/04/2018 7:48:57 AM diver dan, The issue is not 'by the Christian, it is to be accepted as fact'. If the resu.....
» 4/04/2018 8:42:25 AM Alan B, What on earth are you trying to do with throwing all those kisses our way - XXX? .....
» 7/09/2017 1:08:33 AM TheAtheist, <<There is no dysfunction caused by atheism.>> That's not what w.....
» 7/09/2017 12:26:06 AM Toni Lavis, <<Qbasic Christianity: 10 PRINT "We can believe everything we re.....
» 15/08/2017 11:31:17 PM AJ Philips, <<None of your so-called evidence is particularly extraordinary. Certai.....
» 14/08/2017 8:44:54 PM AJ Philips, <<Once again, how do you know the Bible is right? Extraordinary claims .....
» 14/08/2017 10:33:44 AM AJ Philips, <<You’re welcome to [Go back to topic of article], and I can see why yo.....
» 14/08/2017 7:33:33 AM AJ Philips, Here you go again with your denial: <<No, it was not the argument from .....
» 13/08/2017 8:15:39 PM Yuyutsu, Papa Zoom asked: <<Is it true students are banned from talking about Jesus.....
» 13/08/2017 8:00:21 PM AJ Philips, For every logical fallacy I accused you of using, I checked with the largest .....
» 12/08/2017 5:35:03 PM diver dan, <<A couple here, inclusive of myself, finger the teachers union. This is.....
» 12/08/2017 5:30:41 PM Thank you Mark Fowler for a superb article that outlines some of the legal elements that m.....
» 12/08/2017 12:25:44 PM AJ Philips, <<That’s why we have the scientific method and peer review: to eliminat.....
» 12/08/2017 12:01:59 PM AJ Philips, <<You have still demonstrated that you have no idea what the Second Law.....
» 12/08/2017 9:36:55 AM Mr Sellick, Throughout your article you referred to "the Church" but I didn't s.....
» 12/08/2017 9:20:43 AM Daffy, You wrote: <<For a primary school child "jesus" is essentially ju.....
» 12/08/2017 8:47:25 AM AJ Philips, <<But even if the Bible were historically reliable, one cannot therefor.....
» 12/08/2017 8:41:54 AM AJ Philips, You and I both look at the same facts from the past and the present, but all .....
» 10/08/2017 8:31:41 AM AJ Philips, th1b.taylor wrote: "and the Earth exploded into existence from nothing?&.....
» 10/08/2017 8:19:51 AM AJ Philips, You ask: <<Quoting the Bible isn’t very good evidence. How do you know .....
» 9/08/2017 7:39:19 PM TheAtheist, <<There is no reason to discuss religion in our schools where facts ar.....
» 9/08/2017 7:22:20 PM AJ Philips: <<Or perhaps atheists simply reject religious claims as unsupported by.....
» 9/08/2017 8:16:16 AM runner, I think that's a bit unkind to state that atheists engage in "irrational dog.....
» 8/08/2017 7:30:29 PM AJ Philips, You claim: <<Dictionaries do not determine how we use words; they’re no.....
» 8/08/2017 7:10:09 PM Yuyutsu, <<Modern dictionaries were written by those of the sciencist (sic) persuas.....
» 8/08/2017 7:41:15 AM Yuyutsu, One of the definitions of 'religion' given by Oxford Dictionaries online is: 'A .....
» 7/08/2017 6:53:36 PM HereNow, <<Religion is all about lies. It's a manipulative con job>> You hav.....
» 7/08/2017 6:19:47 PM Yuyutsu, <<Is atheism a religion?>> Atheist physicist, Mano Singham, wrote A.....
» 8/08/2016 10:14:10 PM Pogi, <<I am not skeptical of gods, ghosts and demons. My position is that you cann.....
» 2/08/2016 8:32:25 AM Yuyutsu I made an error in giving the wrong preposition when I quoted, 'pisteuson peri'. .....
» 1/08/2016 4:03:52 PM Yuyutsu, You don't like the idea that religion is defined as 'belief in deities'. In fact.....
» 30/07/2016 12:14:57 PM Pogi, You wrote: <<I think theist motives, when logically examined, are unintention.....
» 25/07/2016 9:26:18 PM RationalRazor, It is you who stated that this information came from me: 'the historicity .....
» 25/07/2016 10:31:55 AM Yuyutsu (Sat 23 July), (continued) We also find the noun in … • In v. 27 the noun - th.....
» 25/07/2016 10:02:13 AM Yuyutsu (Sat 23 July), You stated: <<We are all related with God, it's impossible .....
» 25/07/2016 9:03:01 AM RationalRazor, You stated: 'Your argument is that the historicity of Jesus proves the &qu.....
» 23/07/2016 3:58:27 PM RationalRazor (Saturday, continued), As for the OT, the late Professor Kenneth Kitchen, P.....
» 23/07/2016 12:23:06 PM RationalRazor (Saturday), You claim ‘the razor is rational’ but then proceed to give a fe.....
» 23/07/2016 12:16:10 PM Yuyutsu (Friday, continued), However, the Christian faith does believe in pure religion a.....
» 23/07/2016 12:13:29 PM G’day Yuyutsu (your Friday post), You stated, ‘Secularism is not a religion because it do.....
» 23/07/2016 11:21:25 AM Cobberthehound (Friday), You quote: '@OzSpen Exodus:23:24 Number 16:1-35 2 John:10 and t.....
» 22/07/2016 2:09:38 PM Dear RationalRazor (Thurs), Thank you for identifying that you are the Hugh Harris to who.....
» 22/07/2016 12:17:48 PM RationalRazor (Friday), Your razor is not too sharp today with your presuppositional impo.....
» 22/07/2016 11:51:07 AM Pogi (Wed), Your Budget Macquarie Dictionary (3rd. ed 2000) does not agree with the citat.....
» 22/07/2016 11:43:28 AM Form Designer, That’s a creative, alphabetical approach to the ‘What is your religion?’ q.....
» 22/07/2016 11:27:15 AM Dilan, I’d like to examine your statement here in light of what the Quran teaches: '”Yet,.....
» 21/07/2016 8:15:40 AM RationalRazor, (continuation) 4. Please provide the evidence for this point of yours (Tue.....
» 21/07/2016 8:12:23 AM RationalRazor, I refer to your Tues post. You are sounding more like a supporter of Hugh .....
» 21/07/2016 7:28:58 AM This is a continuation of my observations of some of the comments you have made to my arti.....
» 21/07/2016 7:25:33 AM Space prevents my answering each one of you but I’m noticing some trends in your responses.....
» 3/02/2014 9:51:15 PM Cobber, Your 2 sentences contained 2 spelling errors. Does that say something more about .....
» 7/03/2013 11:34:44 AM McReal, You wrote: "In addressing *your content* directly, I did not apply a red her.....
» 7/03/2013 9:11:51 AM McReal, I so much appreciated your response. Some of your points are valid and I could ad.....
» 7/03/2013 7:28:20 AM Daffy Duck, You wrote: "Never mind that the presumed "resurrection and ascensio.....
» 28/12/2012 5:59:24 AM David, <<I used the number of nine hundred thousand and supplied the link. I assume.....
» 27/12/2012 9:52:14 PM David, <<I gave that link which has the figures in it and you used that link in a r.....
» 27/12/2012 9:14:27 PM David, <<'ve been naughty and not nice and Santa will be cross next year. I used fi.....
» 27/12/2012 6:06:15 PM David, <<It might be changing but with only a combination of nine hundred thousand .....
» 27/12/2012 2:10:38 PM David, <<Evangelical/Pentecostal and Baptist churches are a small minority of the o.....
» 27/12/2012 9:32:49 AM David, <<Try reading the opinion of others and stop concentrating on trying despera.....
» 27/12/2012 9:29:17 AM David, <<You are forgiven my son, go and sin no more.>> I gladly accept your.....
» 27/12/2012 6:49:42 AM David, <<If you had read the sentence before the one you quoted you would not have.....
» 26/12/2012 7:11:46 PM David, <<The good thing is that like rust, the material rusting eventually rots aw.....
» 26/12/2012 9:24:24 AM David, <<Discussion with you is next to useless and you have mentioned Leviticus an.....
» 26/12/2012 8:38:47 AM worldwatcher, I explained your email situation to my son with regard to what you have del.....
» 26/12/2012 7:12:04 AM washed, You wrote: <<No myth is filled with such life, he said. The entire premise .....
» 26/12/2012 6:41:22 AM worldwatcher, I am blessed that you, in spite of your novice abilities with the computer,.....
» 26/12/2012 6:34:15 AM Belly, <<QZSPEN gday and welcome. Rest easy, world watcher at best has made a mista.....
» 25/12/2012 9:47:23 PM David, (Part 2, continued from Part 1) 3. For those prepared to acknowledge who God is a.....
» 25/12/2012 9:45:21 PM David, <<I am very happy with my life and live it similarly to most reasonable peop.....
» 25/12/2012 7:09:09 PM worldwatcher, <<No, I didn't even bother to open it. Just immediately deleted it. D.....
» 24/12/2012 7:32:53 PM worldwatcher, <<Can any Forum member explain how this was possible please. After po.....
» 24/12/2012 1:45:34 PM worldwatcher, <<Can any Forum member explain how this was possible please. After po.....
» 24/12/2012 1:41:43 PM David, There are some false statements in what you have written here. 1. David wrote: ‘.....
» 24/12/2012 10:15:45 AM David, David: <<Let’s get some facts straight as you are being quite disingenuous o.....
» 24/12/2012 9:11:24 AM David, <<Looking back at some of your posts over time shows a preponderance mention.....
» 24/12/2012 7:38:13 AM David, <<Do you mean Paul William Barnett, the ex-Anglican Bishop of North Sydney? .....
» 23/12/2012 4:49:25 PM David, <<A fluster of posts with Biblical quotes, religious stories and anecdotes d.....
» 23/12/2012 4:10:12 PM David, You are into logical fallacies again as you have demonstrated here: Genetic fallac.....
» 23/12/2012 12:49:16 PM (Part 3, continued from Part 2) David: <<This is funny. I say the divine Jesus is a.....
» 23/12/2012 12:48:01 PM As for the ugliness in our world, we find the cause coming from the first two human beings.....
» 23/12/2012 12:47:05 PM David, David: <<Again, this is a hypothetical and it means any god of any believer......
» 22/12/2012 6:53:24 PM David, <<Let us assume for a moment that Jesus is God, he does exist and all the o.....
» 22/12/2012 9:31:56 AM Atheist, Antony Flew, moved from atheism to theism (not Christianity), based on his examin.....
» 22/12/2012 9:08:14 AM David, <<I strongly advise you to look at information not emanating from religious .....
» 22/12/2012 8:51:48 AM David, David, You wrote: <<It is most unlikely that anyone will ever prove there i.....
» 22/12/2012 7:14:47 AM Babette, Thanks so much for starting this thread. Jesus told his followers that 'if the w.....
» 22/12/2012 6:39:42 AM David, <<The reason for the controversy on this part of history is that the eviden.....
» 22/12/2012 6:18:59 AM David, <<All this material should be known by anyone wishing to argue a particular .....
» 21/12/2012 9:20:11 PM David, David: <<I have no wish to authenticate or not the existence of the New Test.....
» 21/12/2012 8:55:12 PM David, <<Josephus was not alive at the time of Jesus and wrote ‘Antiquities’ half a.....
» 21/12/2012 6:21:56 PM David, <<The reason for the controversy on this part of history is that the evidenc.....
» 20/12/2012 12:23:12 PM Professor of philosophy, Dr William Lane Craig, has provided 'Evidence for Jesus' at: http.....
» 20/12/2012 11:50:45 AM Washed, In the Wikipedia article on the 'Historicity of Jesus', it provides these endnote.....
» 20/12/2012 6:01:40 AM There's the added problem that for commercial TV, I have become bored with such a profusio.....
» 14/05/2010 5:58:00 AM King Hazza, You wrote: "You see, if a person were open-minded about the issue, but c.....
» 13/05/2010 6:10:22 PM King Hazza, You wrote: "But do prove me wrong!" Not when you don't know how to.....
» 13/05/2010 5:51:20 AM Cherful, You wrote: "Does it not occur to you that these Doctors and Nurses are at t.....
» 13/05/2010 5:48:12 AM King Hazza, You wrote: "This implies my worries of sincerely not being able to grasp.....
» 13/05/2010 5:45:15 AM McReal, You stated: "No laws will stop the informal hastening of death that occurs n.....
» 12/05/2010 4:34:54 AM David G, You wrote: "If the world could rid itself of all religions, then commonsens.....
» 12/05/2010 4:11:44 AM King Hazza, You asked: "Oh, and I would like you also to explain to me how- and why-.....
» 11/05/2010 9:18:39 PM proxy, Here are some specific details of the slippery slope in the Netherlands. Another a.....
» 11/05/2010 8:15:54 PM snake, You claim: <<It has been suggested that euthanasia will develop into somethi.....
» 18/03/2009 6:07:31 PM Keith, You say, "But all he [Springborg] really has to do to win in Brisbane is say .....
» 18/03/2009 6:07:22 AM I am bored with this election campaign. None of the advertising from the major parties is .....
» 30/10/2008 8:18:35 PM I, as a family therapist, am tired of the devastation on individuals and families from Int.....
» 6/10/2008 5:41:03 PM "Continue to choose whats right for you, yet remember whats right for you isnt whats .....
» 1/10/2008 6:01:00 AM "If and when everyone can agree on a set of rules for right behaviour then we can hav.....
» 28/09/2008 7:55:25 PM david f "Abortion is a natural process. Whether it is spontaneous abortion, miscarri.....
» 28/09/2008 5:23:41 PM "Those who oppose abortion do not say a new individual is generated at conception. Th.....
» 27/09/2008 8:12:12 AM Davidf, "Human life does not begin at conception. Human life continues. Sperm are li.....
» 27/09/2008 6:07:08 AM Netjunkie, Thank you for affirming that "both foetuses and women are living homo sap.....
» 24/09/2008 5:43:25 PM Ozandy, <<Seriously folks, calling a bundle of cells "human" and then tre.....
» 24/09/2008 5:21:26 PM There was a typographical error in my last post: (1) Deal with the adverse events in the .....
» 24/09/2008 5:17:26 PM Many of you have raised excellent issues about what could and should be done with educatio.....
» 22/09/2008 8:46:07 PM Bennie, What alternatives are there as incentives to encourage parents to have their chil.....
» 23/05/2006 1:49:57 PM Bosk, I beg to differ. Jewish time is different from Roman time as these 2 links demonstr.....
» 22/05/2006 8:59:25 PM Bosk, We are not likely to agree on conclusions but my points were based on scholarship. .....
» 21/05/2006 1:19:31 PM Bosk has asked good questions, but the tone is to discredit the biblical records: "Ho.....
» 20/05/2006 7:35:38 PM Pericles has missed droves of evidence. As of 1990, there were 5,366 manuscripts or port.....
» 20/05/2006 9:27:56 AM Anth is fired up against Jesus. • Anth wrote: "Christians, including our author here.....
» 19/05/2006 6:06:09 PM Why is Realist on this Forum? He made this self-defeating statement concerning Bill Muehle.....
» 2/10/2005 5:55:29 PM To both Alchemist and Mahatma Duck: As a former TV journalist, reporter and newsreader, i.....
» 1/10/2005 7:20:15 PM Mahatma Duck, It's impossible to have a logical discussion with you when you describe She.....
» 1/10/2005 12:22:46 PM Mr. Gollan stated: "Changes to unfair dismissal laws will also be a major element in .....
» 1/10/2005 7:37:13 AM Mahatma Duck, Just about every unlawful act that has been legislated against here in Qld......
» 30/09/2005 6:20:38 PM Thank you, Jenny Stokes, for helping to get this discussion back on track on the harm pros.....
» 29/09/2005 9:37:30 PM Harry C, You wrote: "Yes we have the other end, drug addicted no-hopers for whom pro.....
» 28/09/2005 9:17:35 PM The following facts and figures provide statistics that are just as alarming in the twenty.....
» 28/09/2005 8:31:47 PM Congratulations Lyle on a brave piece of journalism, exposing what happens in the prostitu.....

801 comments in total: 695 article comments, 106 general comments.

Return to OzSpen's user info page

 

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy