The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Death and the Lords of the Universe > Comments

Death and the Lords of the Universe : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 18/1/2021

Bush junior, at his side before the end, farewelled his father with the words 'see you on the other side'. Is this the very definition of 'smug'?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Sells,

<<Death is real, a real end and absence that cannot be penetrated. When this is understood, the confidence of "a better place" after death is exposed as a attempt to soften the hard realities of life and therefore to remain a child in the world.>>

This is your world view speaking. It is far, far from biblical reality which states:

"For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain" (Phil 1:21 NET).
"Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord" (2 Cor 5:8).

There is absolute confidence of going to a place of many rooms/mansions for the Christian (John 14:2).

Your problem, Sells, seems to be you don't have confidence in the authority of Scripture, so you invent your theology or seek someone else to support your liberalism.

Country music has a fantasy about heaven. This is one example, sung by its composer, Steve Wariner: http://theboot.com/country-songs-about-heaven/

Steve Wariner lyrics:

"Holes In The Floor Of Heaven"

One day shy of eight years old, my grandma passed away
I was a broken hearted little boy, blowing out that birthday cake
How I cried when the sky let go, with a cold and lonesome rain,
Mamma smiled, said don't be sad child, grandma's watching you today

Cause there's holes in the floor of heaven
And her tears are pouring down,
That's how you know she's watching,
Wishing she could be here now, http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/stevewariner/holesinthefloorofheaven.html

I'm a country music fan and have heard so many songs with a generalised statement about heaven but no biblical evidence.
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 18 January 2021 10:02:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nobody know what happens after death.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 18 January 2021 10:50:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

How do you know? Can you prove it?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 18 January 2021 11:25:54 AM
ttbn,

<<Nobody know (sic) what happens after death”>>

How do you know? What causes you to make this absolutistic statement?

Don't you think it would show more humility if you said: "I'm unsure what happens at death, but I'll seek some more information."
Posted by OzSpen, Monday, 18 January 2021 11:39:21 AM
I will tell you what happens after death, what Sells said. You will end up in a box in a hole in the ground and you will rot away. End of story.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Monday, 18 January 2021 12:06:33 PM
VK3AUU,

What happens to your soul after death?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 18 January 2021 12:11:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy