The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What a combination! Easter eggs, scavenging dogs & crucifixion > Comments

What a combination! Easter eggs, scavenging dogs & crucifixion : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 14/4/2022

But there's a paradox here. Have you thought how strange it is that Easter eggs are identified with one of the most horrific ways of killing a person?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
Thank you Spencer.

He is RISEN AND HE IS COMING AGAIN!
Posted by LesP, Thursday, 14 April 2022 9:06:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Easter, like Christmas, means very little to most Australians these days, apart from gutsing and getting pissed.

Hot Cross buns in supermarkets months before the date of the Crucifixion and Resurrection; eggs and rabbits discounted early; invitations to morning teas plus hotcross buns a fortnight before Easter because the organisers were going to otherwise engaged this weekend.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 14 April 2022 9:08:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Given the story of an alleged crucifixion was written some 350 years after the event? It's hard to verify as factual, how much is fact and how much is fable?

As for Easter eggs been around in some form for yonks. And started as some form of pagan harvest ritual? As hen's eggs that were decorated?

Scavenging dogs are nothing new and were around at the end of the second world war and the current genocide in Ukraine.

In truth, there is no real combination, save that invented by the fundamentalist Author? And as such very much a minority view?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 14 April 2022 12:24:04 PM
When I think of Easter I don't think of
eggs, rabbits, and chocolate things -
Easter to me is a reminder of the
family joys it brings.

Wishing all of you that Easter will bring
smiles, happiness, and memories that you
can treasure.

I'm looking forward to colouring the eggs
and eating sea-food. Chocolate not so much.
Oh and watching the smiles on my grand-children's
faces.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 April 2022 1:37:49 PM
My take on Easter is not centered on Easter eggs or symbolism or any of that stuff.
For me, it is connected to the well established fact of Jesus' life, death and resurrection, which is one of the most investigated and verified of historical events.
That He took the punishment that should have been mine, and that I can access God's forgiveness through faith in Jesus and His resurrection, is the most important aspect of this time of the year for me.
And it is an experience which is available to most people who want to think it through. Ans seek. Thanks Spencer.
Posted by The Inspector, Thursday, 14 April 2022 2:02:20 PM
Les,

<<He is RISEN AND HE IS COMING AGAIN!>>

Thank you for your affirmation that the hope of Christian believers is the Second Coming of Christ as it demonstrates God is in control of history. He is faithful to fulfill the promises of Scripture.

He came as a baby in a manger at Bethlehem, as was prophesied in the Old Testament. His First Coming was as a Suffering Servant to provide redemption. His Second Coming will be as a Conquering King. He began life on earth in very humble circumstances. At his Second Coming, he will return with the armies of heaven.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 14 April 2022 2:04:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy