The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What really is PETA?

What really is PETA?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 37
  14. 38
  15. 39
  16. All
Hi all

Rojo, Thank you. You are absolutely right in bringing down the tone of this a notch or two, and neither word is appropriate for the purposes of this argument.

Yabby, how would you describe the flesh of an animal that has been dead for some period in the process of being digested by another animal? I think it would certainly be rotting and it has been scientifically identified as carcinogenic.

Myopinion, you are indeed fortunate to be earning $200K, seemingly without any form of significant education, but money is not necessarily an indicator of "success" in terms of distinction, intelligence, discernment, real knowledge or what the snobs would describe as "breeding". My family would describe you, I suspect, as "nouveau riche" - and good luck to you. In some ways, I think my principles certainly hinder my earning capacity; there are things I would not do for any amount of money. I guess you do not place such limitations upon yourself. Hopefully, you will be able to leave this world satisfied with the person you have been. I hope I will be able to.

On a lighter note, I think that real "karma" would be for you people to have to face up to the animals you have used and abused in some massive 'judgment day'. I'd like to see that!

Cheers
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 7:13:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
nicky - "My family would describe you, I suspect, as "nouveau riche" - and good luck to you."

nicky - "there are things I would not do for any amount of money. I guess you do not place such limitations upon yourself."

Haha, you leave yourself so open for criticism for the comments you make.

"Nouveau riche"?? What a broad statement considering you know nothing about me. Hardly "new rich" considering I come from a very old, established and wealthy family here in W.A. Success can mean many things to many people, wealth, amount of friends, how far you've gone in you occupation etc.

So you guess (assume) that I would do anything for money. Let me explain why you should never assume and why this is another one of your dumb statements.

I WOULD NOT FOR MONEY OR ANYTHING ELSE;
deal or sell drugs
become an animal liberationist
try and save 400 roo's when it won't make a difference
turn gay
try and preach to normal, intelligent people that they are always wrong and I am always right, like you and dickie do.
help Robert Mugabe if he was dying and I could save his life.
join Peta, Animals Australia or any other rabid animal liberationist cult.
pretend to be something other than myself.

That'll do for starters.
Posted by myopinion, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 7:39:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*I think that real "karma" would be for you people to have to face up to the animals you have used and abused in some massive 'judgment day'. I'd like to see that!*

What you Nicky are doing, is staying in denial about the reality of
nature. Its all touchy feely to you, all emotion, no reason.

You've clearly never observed close and in reality, what happens
when thousands of animals run out of food and start starving to
death. The slow, long, enduring pain and suffering. If you had,
your little amygdala would be scarred enough to start to accept
that reality. Instead, you go into denial, focus on the odd single
bull which did scar your amygdala. Bugger the tens of thousands,
that is how the mind works.

If there in fact was an animal judgement day, I bet you that my
animals would not choose regularly starving to death, as their
best option.

Reality does not go away, when you close your eyes and wish it
would, Nicky.
Posted by Yabby, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 10:14:04 PM
"I earn over $200K a year but I don't have a degree, so put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

By joves, Nicky - fancy that.

But how does one make a silk purse from a pig's ear?
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 11:12:09 PM
dickie - "But how does one make a silk purse from a pig's ear?"

But how does one make a moron understand the reality of life, you being the moron dickie.
Posted by myopinion, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 11:29:42 PM
Oh Dickie, that's excellent! Have a look, if you get a minute, at Senate Estimates Rural and Regional Affairs, WA Greens Senator Rachael Siewert's EXCELLENT questions to the live export industry - May 26 (sorry I haven't got a link but when I find it I'll post it on Alexandra's thread).

Yabby, if you did not continue to keep breeding more animals than you can properly care for (sigh!) or possibly need, we would not be having this conversation (sigh!). You must be smoking what myopinion suggests I should smoke if you think that argument has any validity. Export them or starve them? Give us a break!

Nite all
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 4 June 2008 11:30:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...