The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What really is PETA?

What really is PETA?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. 39
  12. All
Hi all

CJ Morgan, I'd be curious about your response to that too, whether you think such experiments should be condoned. As for the Draize test, where rabbits are confined in stocks and have substances dripped into their eyes (because they don't have tear ducts to wash them away), do you think that is acceptable? That is a common test for often no better purpose than testing cosmetics. And there are far worse, too.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Friday, 20 June 2008 7:59:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ’s appraisal is not disimilar to those with whom I have supped over the decades - prime ministers, premiers, princesses and prostitutes. When one would divert the conversation to disturbing environmental issues, those who could have made a difference, did not.

These are the “serious players” who regarded environmental issues as “frivolous and esoteric nonsense and the participants, a bunch of nutters.”

These “serious players” whose self-interests were to maintain an impressive public image, viewed those supporting the environmental movement as hairy arm-pitted lesbians and/or unwashed dole-bludging hippies. Who would want to be seen dead with this riff-raff?

A member of yesterday's riff-raff is now Minister for the Environment. Alas, too little too late and the "serious players" are now "expert" on all matters environmental - hehem!

That CJ regards animal rights’ people as “a handful of self-obsessed windbags,” shunned by the serious players, prompts me to enquire: "Where are these serious players?”

Where are these mute, “serious players” on OLO, who would crusade against humans scalding pigs alive, mutilating cattle or cutting canines’ testicles off with a rusty knife?

Are these the same “serious players” who now spruik their “expert” opinion on environmental matters, gleaned from pissy media releases – too ill-informed to realize that animal rights is also an environmental issue?

Do they not see the connection when a Western nation tortures and slaughters 9 to 10 billion animals per annum or another who also tortures and pollutes the fragile oceans with hundreds of thousands of diseased, and chemically laden livestock, including millions of tonnes of contaminated faeces and urine? Do they not realise that this is the same nation which has vivisected and tortured 6 million animals in one year, in the name of "humanity?"

These "serious players" who condescend to accuse others of incoherent ramblings remain too puffed by their own importance, too miserable to dwell on the agonising lives of other species.

Let the incoherent ramblers carry the heavy load and the "serious players" ridicule them, for these players, puffed by vanity, are yesterday's men and they too will learn the hard way.
Posted by dickie, Friday, 20 June 2008 10:03:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Morgan said =

*As it happens I live in a small country town and conduct a business whose fortunes are directly linked to the export of halal mutton and goat*.
Nicky said
Hi all

*CJ Morgan, thanks for that.*

pale comments =
Amazing. This crude little man is involved as #I LONG suspected# and Nicky just say thanks for that.

Morgan my theory about you was correct.

Do tell where the accreditations for these products come from.

*linked to the export of halal mutton and goat*.

Tell the girls and your new buddy what it is your doing.

Ar, perhaps you dont require accreditations. Umm now I wonder what part of the Halal Product Industry you dont need Halal accreditations for.

Will you tell them Morgan Or shall I.?

Ar , Yes Goat. I can only imagaine your role it in.'
Do you trap them wild and then send them over a thousand miles by truck you basstard then onto live export ships.

No? Ok, so where are your accreditations done?

*Your full of it*. =I am.?

OK Morgan, you didnt say what part of our Halal work was crap.

Do tell us all. You see the Halal work and accreditations all go through the Muslim people themselves.

That includes the web pages Nickys always crying about. RSPCA QLD are resonsible for one site and Muslim Leaders the other. So each time you bag our sites you are really bagging RSPCA QLD and The Muslim Leaders of Australia. Personally web pages are NOT high on my list.

Another thing to note is unlike PETA we do not fund raise.

We are simply a bunch or people who got together to work for animals/

We work at our own time and expense. We are small compaired to PETA.

(Whats the USA connection to some in Australia. Why do they HATE the idea of five or six lawyers helping animals= )??" Interesting
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 21 June 2008 7:07:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby
I can see why you can’t to answer my question about feed lots. As a farmer I would value your thoughts and appreciate your input.
Can you honestly see a problem with creek feeding and why the feed lot owners should have all the say about accreditations?
I have scratched my head looking for an answer to this. Rang quite a few people and the best they could come up with is dust for God Sake.

The only common sense I can see reading between the lines is that I suppose the big boys control the industry knowing that the little guys can’t compete with structures. I can only see it would be handy for these owners to put unreasonable conditions on the smaller bloke to keep control over exports and grab the UN deals etc.

So as a farmer can you give me YOP of why these guys would loose accreditation of grain fed simply because they gave some more space for stock to walk around while they were grain feeding.
You see these are the types of things we should all be working together to improve. Any little improvement for the conditions for animals should be strongly sought after.
That’s far more helpful to animals than taking the way out attitude that people shouldn’t eat meat.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 21 June 2008 9:03:56 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi all

My thanks to CJ Morgan was in relation to his comment about "radical ratbags can be a force for good". But CJ Morgan, what have you done to so clearly offend PALE? Can it be that you have a halal meat business in which PALE has had no involvement? How COULD you?

PALE, if those other entities are in control of the PALE websites as you say, you are letting your own organization down by not improving the quality and the currency of the information they contain. And once again, I'll ask you - if you do not raise funds, WHY IS THERE A PAYPAL 'DONATE NOW' link on the website? Nor do I think that anyone is criticizing either AFIC or RSPCA Queensland, since no-one could possibly have known that these people would be responsible for a website know as PALE and HKM (I thought it was some person in the US who wouldn't give you the password, but let it pass). I also keep wondering about the "Ar"s and "umm"s PALE seems to have to include in posts, making them more incoherent than ever.

But CJ Morgan, having said that, I'd be interested in a bit more enlightenment too. My understanding is that halal meat accreditation is done by a government agency (not PALE or even AFIC) and I imagine it would apply to all species.

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Saturday, 21 June 2008 7:08:01 PM
Getrude, I can't answer your question about feedlots, as I don't
run one that is accredited or anything like that. I simply have
a couple of 5 acre paddocks, (which I call my feedlot lol), where
lambs go for a time, before they are trucked out or whatever.

AFAIK the official lamb feedlots allow something like 3m per lamb,
wheras my small paddocks work out to about 200-400m per lamb,
but that is just how I do things. Mostly, lambs are only finished
off on grain, to increase muscle glycogen levels etc, so its
different to the cattle feedlot industry.

Cattle feedlots are not my speciality and I haven't done alot of
research on them, but somebody up your way in Queensland should
know.

I think that the general idea is that the more that animals walk
around, the more energy they burn. So the general idea is to get
them to eat and then sit down and chew the cud.

But mine do that anyhow lol, if their belly is full and the sun
is shining, they are content with the world
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 21 June 2008 7:52:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 34
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. Page 37
  10. 38
  11. 39
  12. All