The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What really is PETA?

What really is PETA?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 37
  15. 38
  16. 39
  17. All
Ah Nicky, clearly those sheep would have been much better off, if
they had been transported by boat! Food, water, shelter, plus
a lovely view outside. Enough space to lie down and have a snooze
too.

But of course you are unable to look at these things in any kind
of objective way, due to your cultish, philosophical bias.
Posted by Yabby, Saturday, 7 June 2008 7:21:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicky - "Of course, as detailed in the Handle with Care report, there is no proper policing of these journeys, and no provision in the proposals for any improvements; in fact they are worse than the existing CoPs (also enforceable)."

Nicky, I have a question for you since you're so intelligent and have such far reaching "hands on" experience in the handling of sheep and cattle. How many sheep and cattle do you think are transported around Western Australia, 24hrs a day, seven days a week? Then how many do you think are transported around the NT and Queensland and then take in the other States. Now that you have that scenario in your head, work out how many people you would need to possibly police or check on all of these stock movements. Now work out how many people you would need to check on just 25 per cent of these stock movements. This without taking in the transporting of goats, horses and pigs.

This is why statements like what is made above are ridiculous, laughable and totally lacking in common sense. Then again most of your arguments are lacking in common sense and lateral thinking.
Posted by myopinion, Saturday, 7 June 2008 8:21:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nicky said

PALE, quite a bit of that is incomprehensible again. WHEN did this submission happen? Is it the 2003 submissions? I read all of those.

Pale replies
Nicky I cant help it if you cant follow and we walk on different streets but hopefully to reach the same destination.
'No' the last ones. You didnt read the subs put together by Muslim Leaders and ourselves Nicky. Simply because RSPCA QLD said the subs were lodged by RSPCA Nationally as a rule as an over all aproach.
However the subs were sent regardless and lodged from AFIC PALE RSPCA QLD. Feel free to ask Antje for a copy. Use another name if you prefer as you seem more comfortable working that way.

Nicky said
I have absolutely no idea whom you suspect of raising funds using someone else's name, so if you are accusing someone you should say so.

Pale replies= Nicky you were the one who raised the subject of this friend of yours or persom moving house to make sure pale did not know how to contact them. I simple reponded with the truth and the facts of why that person might not wish to be found- Mind you if I took a mind to do so it would be a different story Lets forget it.

If I were so concerned I have had six years to do something but I believe in my heart that person cares for animals so I am not about to do someone over who works also to help animals. Its murpherys law I guess I dont mind murphey TBO. I am pretty easy going like that.
Nicky said
I think that the smartest thing I can do is to try Hugh Wirth himself (he probably won't respond to me either) to get to the bottom of all this.
Pale replies
Oh Beleive me Nicky we are. In that way I am NOT easy going.
If it effects the animals hell has no fury . You can take that as gospel!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 7 June 2008 8:49:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yabby,
Animals Angels have done a fastatic job and TBO I wouldnt be half as cross as I get if other groups were to get more involved in this type of operation.
I think even you would say ok its fair if these are people breaking the rules of your proud guidelines giving others a bad name you would want them dealt with too.
After all wasnt it you in the past who pointed out to Nicky it was only a few rough operators breaking the rules to give you good guys a bad name?
So I am sure you will join pale in suporting Animal Angels who are a fantstic and well educated and balanced bunch of people wont you?
myopinion,
I would like to comment on your remark to Nicky if I may.
So what you have just agreed it is ridiculous that we could ever police long haulage of Animals especially in these numbers.

I agree with you totally which is why we must reopen abattoirs and slaughter as RSPCA recomend as close to place of origen as possible.

Its not rocket science after all.
Australia needs to wakeup to itself and do its own value adding anyway.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 7 June 2008 9:07:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PALE - "it is ridiculous that we could ever police long haulage of Animals especially in these numbers."

CORRECT!
Posted by myopinion, Saturday, 7 June 2008 9:15:14 PM
Hon LJILJANNA RAVLICH (Last Ditch Lil):

"If the member is asking me whether I would weaken the act in any way, shape or form, I do not intend to do that. I intend to work to strengthen the act to achieve better animal outcomes. I also intend to take a very practical approach to the issue of ensuring that sheep that are susceptible to this particular non-feeding do not go onto the ships.

"....................
"....................

"As I understand it, 70 per cent of sheep deaths on those ships are because of the shy feed.........." (March '08)

Hi Nicky

Do you believe we will now see a 70% reduction in sheep mortalities anytime soon?

"Ah Nicky, clearly those sheep would have been much better off, if
they had been transported by boat! Food, water, shelter, plus
a lovely view outside. Enough space to lie down and have a snooze
too."

This old lag's forgotten about the 40,000 tipped overboard so it's more yabbawanky from our leering leftovers and I see that despite the Pig Ear's promise to return to his subterranean cavern, he, bewitched by his own hubris and between hissy fits, continues to grace us with his pernicious presence.

Aw shucks - perhaps we have a couple of secret admirers even if they are scurvy dogs - (oops apologies to the canine family.)
Posted by dickie, Saturday, 7 June 2008 10:17:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14