The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What really is PETA?

What really is PETA?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 37
  15. 38
  16. 39
  17. All
"With rising fuel prices and sheep worth 20 bucks a head"

Strange that Yabby. I could have sworn you told us some time ago that your live sheep exports got you around $60 a head. Have you "forgotten" to elaborate on that?

You would of course realise by now that liars have bad memories.

My memory is quite good.

Shall I go looking for that comment or I shall I be sufficiently presumptious in saying that you are yet again, tampering with the truth?
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 12 June 2008 10:40:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*Strange that Yabby. I could have sworn you told us some time ago that your live sheep exports got you around $60 a head. Have you "forgotten" to elaborate on that?
You would of course realise by now that liars have bad memories.
My memory is quite good. *

At least your memory is better then Nicky, she forgets everything.
But your knowledge of farming is non existant, which is the
problem.

What you forget is that ewes stay on farms for years and their
value for most of the last 12 months has been around the 20$
mark. Its them who cop the rough end of the pineapple in this
deal.

As to lambs, yup they can be worth 60$ on a boat. The same lambs
sold locally, might make 20$. In fact that is exactly what I was
paid for the balance of those which did not go on a boat, but
went locally, for merino lambs.

Once again Dickie, your imagination running astray, when honesty
is all that is needed to prove you wrong, time and time again.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 12 June 2008 10:59:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie – “My memory is quite good.”

Well when you don’t have much in it I suppose it would be. Still at your age dementia and Alzheimer’s wouldn’t be far away.

Nicky – “Those sheep will only die slow terrible deaths because:

Farmers have interfered with the breeding of these animals, creating a breed unsuited to the Australian environment
Farmers neglect them by failing to monitor/treat them properly
Farmers won't pay for more frequent crutching
Farmers feed Merino sheep incorrect diets
Farmers insist on farming these animals in areas to which they are unsuited
Farmers are greedy and insist on breeding/keeping more animals than they can adequately care for then complain bitterly at the cost of medication for them.”

Well the ‘brains trust’ of the animal liberation world is once again making her outlandish and unproved statements.

Let me dissect nicky’s latest accusations against farmers. By making the above statements she has generalised, ie., referred to most or all sheep farmers.

“Farmers have interfered with the breeding of these animals, creating a breed unsuited to the Australian environment.”

Is that so? Why then would the Merino, which is the most adaptable to Australian conditions, be the breed that suffers the most from fly strike? How have farmers interfered with the breeding of sheep to make them more susceptible to fly strike?

“Farmers neglect them by failing to monitor/treat them properly.”

Show the proof and list the points that show that farmers fail to treat them properly.

“Farmers won't pay for more frequent crutching.”

How many times should farmers have their sheep crutched per annum?

“Farmers feed Merino sheep incorrect diets.”

List the incorrect diets that farmers feed their Merino’s and then list what you consider are the correct diets.

“Farmers insist on farming these animals in areas to which they are unsuited.”

Give examples, particularly W.A.

“Farmers are greedy and insist on breeding/keeping more animals than they can adequately care for then complain bitterly at the cost of medication for them.”

Explain this sentence as it doesn’t make sense. Provide proof and examples.
I look forward to the reply.
Posted by myopinion, Thursday, 12 June 2008 11:15:09 PM
"Fact is that millions of sheep will suffer because of Peta's actions
and farmers won't feel a thing."

Uh uh. Sheep will suffer because farmers grow the wrong sheep in the wrong country. They've had several centuries to get the message but they preferred to inflict pain on innocent animals unsuitable for this climate.

Of course that wouldn't apply to those who have responsibly reduced their merino stock to invest in bare breech sheep.

Would yours by Afrinos Yabby?
Posted by dickie, Thursday, 12 June 2008 11:15:58 PM
Hi all

1. The Merino sheep was specifically interfered with to create an animal with more wrinkles so that it would grow more wool. It's about genetics and breeding. EVERYONE knows that.

2. The numbers of sheep who are reported to die on your farms

3. Two to three, from what I've been told by a sheep farmer (depending on the area and the type of paddocks). But it's cheaper to cut half their backsides away once (or whatever it it takes). Then - what do you do when the wound gets flystruck? Or other parts of the sheep do? Just keep cutting? And of course, those who get to live long enough are later prone to skin cancers.

4. Will provide the dietary information tomorrow; it's too late in the night to find it now

5. The same

6. Blindlingly obvious to anyone who can decipher a sentence

Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Friday, 13 June 2008 12:24:28 AM
Has any animal welfare / liberation organisation set up a trial sheep farm so that they can demonstrate all the cost effective, logical, simple, enlightened, profitable and brilliant sheep farming innovations?

Seems to be a logical thing to do if the change merchants 'know' they are right and 'know' the traditionalists are wrong. Showing by doing is a powerful argument. Will we see them on the New Inventors or Landline on the ABC?

Much more effective and timely than nagging, nagging and more nagging and then nagging some more.
Posted by Cowboy Joe, Friday, 13 June 2008 1:58:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26