The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. 19
  14. 20
  15. 21
  16. All
Not one shred of evidence offered by the resident anti gun fanatic, which is usual.
Just repeats of misinformation.

My reference to cricket bats is to highlight the fact that nothing is allowed to be kept ready for self defence.
The laws are so stupid as to require safety equipment such as helmets, steel toed boots, gloves yet when it comes to so called “bullet proof vests” etc., it is a criminal offence to possess one; strange.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 30 December 2022 11:10:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi AC,

My experience with the Shooters and Hooters Party goes back to their antics in the NSW Legislative Council, which operates much as the Senate does in Federal Parliament. The Shooters have two MLC's 'Fat' Bob and 'Elephant" Bob (he once claimed he shot and ate an elephant in Africa), I have friends who were also MLC's and they often told me of the behaviour of the pair of featherless galah's. Often the Shooters would hold a gun at the head of the government over passing legislation when they held the balance of power. Their demands were always the same, they would want to white ant firearm laws, in return for their support of government legislation.

I only occasionally encountered Shooters and Hooters Party members at pre-polls or on polling day, some were okay, others were off the planet types. One chap at a pre-poll was fine, he was from the hooters (4WD) side of the party, he said he wasn't going to hand out HTV's for One Nation as well, as he had been told to do. He agreed there were some real nut jobs hanging around gunnie HQ. One such nut job I encountered one election day, he was all for a armed 'citizens militia' to fight the communist and so forth, I wouldn't trust that guy with a pop gun, btw, he was wearing his battle-fatigues at the polling booth.

Other than in NSW where they do enjoy limited support, in other states they are simply and appendage of One Nation, used to direct moderate votes to the extremists. It been long suspected they are backed and financed by the North American NRA, (who took a keen interest in the Howard gun laws) through back door with cash (less than $10k at a time) being drought in by supporters from the USA. There is also some suggestion they may be benefiting from the operations of some "cleanskins".
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 December 2022 1:12:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ho!Hum! The same old baseless allegations from the same liar.

He must have really hated it when the Commissioner cancelled his firearms licebce, such vindictiveness indicates thar the Commissioner was right.
Probably been knocked back in Queensland too.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 30 December 2022 2:36:39 PM
Hi Issy,

Me thinks you are confusing me with your old friend, the gun crazy Tony Azzi. You remember Tony, he was your firearms spokesperson and club president. Unfortunately Tony was also a deranged animal killer, caught in the act of shooting protected wildlife, poor defenceless wombats. Azzi and Issy two peas in a pod! Do you not agree?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 December 2022 10:18:41 PM
We are about to be hit with another epidemic of COVID and its a new omicron subvariant that targets the brain.
50% of travelers on a flight from China to Milan were infected.
Dead bodies are piling up in Chinese hospitals and funeral home parking lots.
Chinese citizens are fleeing en masse.
Japan records 415 deaths in 24 hours.

CLOSE THE BORDER. CLOSE IT NOW.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 31 December 2022 12:52:30 AM
Hi AC,

Happy NEW YEAR!

If the GUNS don't get yah, then the BUGS will! If only we could find a way for the Gunnie people to shoot the bugs! Problem solved.

Before he returns. Issy is probably out there somewhere skinning wombats for his twin bro Azzi. Happy NEW YEAR Issy!

p/s I've been shooting Issy down in flames on this subject for over 10 years now, on the Forum. Ha ha.

Anyways its a big day, gotta do the 'Hangi Tonight'. This old Pakeha does the best Hangi (keg) this side of Waitangi. When it comes to Hangi those Maori just can't cut it, they leave it to me. Got pork, chicken, mutton (lamb the wife likes to call it mutton), veg. She'll do a 'raw fish' and 'fry bread', the tribe will arrive with plenty more including the amber stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCBeCeKv4Y8 (Our mate singing)
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 31 December 2022 5:38:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18