The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
[Cont']
"I was in Coles the other day, and this bloke was going off at the Service Desk..."
- I read that line and I thought 'Oh crap, I hope it wasn't me' lol.
But then I read "Yelling and screaming, banging the counter"
- And I was like Nope, definitely wasn't me.

I made a complaint at the service desk the other day, about there only being two self-serve registers that accept cash, and that every time I go in there staff are directing people paying by card to those two registers.
- Which means that often I have to stand there like an idiot and wait, while many other self-serve registers are being unused, but people using card on the 'cash' registers.
If I do a big shop I'll go through the normal register where they pack your groceries for you and I'll pay by card, but sometimes if I just duck down for a couple of things I'll use the self serve and pay cash, and I always feel like an idiot standing there waiting while card using customers are on those registers.
They ask "Are you paying by cash or by card?"
I say "cash" but sometimes I find myself thinking.
"Well I wouldn't be standing here like an idiot if there a register I could use"
- But no, I didn't go off like a crazed fool over it.
I was actually directed to the service desk to pay for my item, and I told them I was sick of it.

They have such an easy job these days.
My first job was Coles Capalaba back in the late 80's
Back then at Christmas we'd have 28 checkouts open and packers on every single one and the whole place was packed like sardines, as there were only a couple of supermarkets in the Redlands back then.
Things have changed a lot, shopping at Christmas is actually a breeze now compared to those days.
- But the staff themselves don't seem to have to do anywhere near as much work as we did in those days.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 29 December 2022 6:22:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
there was no reasoning with this bloke, got my arse out of there.
Paul1405,
How lamentable !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 29 December 2022 6:35:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What don’t the Green idiots understand by the words “. . . using a firearm”?

"7. That personal protection should never be regarded as a genuine reason for owning, possessing or using a firearm.”

Personal protection is recognised by Law as being a genuine reason for using a firearm, but I suppose that the Greens consider themselves above the law.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 29 December 2022 7:59:00 AM
Hey Is Mise,
I'd be willing to bet the governments security detail are carrying firearms.
- Which kind of makes it one rule for them and a different rules for everyone else.

I know that you can't carry a knife in public, (which is not necessarily unreasonable)
If you're caught with one and say it's for self protection, you'll be arrested.
- That said if you're a youth running around the streets with a machete, you'll likely only get a slap on the wrist.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 29 December 2022 8:51:52 AM
AC,

Howard the Coward had armed men protecting him.
Whilst he was introducing laws to prohibit Australian citizens from having arms to protect themselves he could have abolished armed protection for himself.

No way, Howard’s well being was way above the average citizen’s.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 29 December 2022 10:15:08 AM
but I suppose that the Greens consider themselves above the law.
Is Mise,
Or scooting like this ? 'got my arse out of there.' (Paul1405)
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 29 December 2022 10:18:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16