The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All
a motor vehicle is as a means of conveyance
Paul1405,
Just as a gun is a means to defend or procure !

Recreationally neither is an absolute requirement & people can get by without them. In crime, both guns & vehicles serve as a weapon !

It's not the weapon that harms, it's the poor mentality of the person that uses the weapon that causes harm just as in the old saying "the pen is mightier than the sword" the pen is not writing the inciting words, it's the writer who composes them !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 4 January 2023 11:41:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Indy,

Your deflection to pens and writers is invalid. If all recreational guns were removed from society immediately there would be no negative impact, but the positive gains would be numerous. These positive gains would include, less shootings in domestic violence situations, less gun crime by criminals through "cleanskin" activity, certainly less accidental shootings and self inflicted homicides, less killing of native fauna. You maybe able to add to the list.

Alternately you can present a list of "positive" benefits of recreational guns in society. I'll start you off;

1. They pander to the perverse pleasure of Gun Nuts.

Sorry can't think of any others.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 5 January 2023 4:57:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
That's simply just deflective waffle you're automatically associated with by all !
Posted by Indyvidual, Thursday, 5 January 2023 8:33:21 PM
Come on Indy,

I've given you the negatives of recreational guns in society, you tell me what social good they do. from there we can determine if they are an overall benefit or not.

Your last comment is the type of thing a loser puts up, when he has nothing worthwhile. BTW who are ALL....YOU!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 6 January 2023 4:42:51 AM
you tell me what social good they do
Paul1405,
I'll make yet another attempt to get you to see something not directly aligned with idealism.
Many recreational shooters have regular meets which invariable bring about social cohesion, trade & of course economical benefits. In many instances, rec shooters aid vermin control although I always question the ulterior motive of the Bogan types. Using a firearm also instils a sense of responsibility & respect for both weapon & people.
Unlike bureaudroids who appear to get their jollies from harassing people already down on their luck. You sound rather suspiciously like one of those.
Recreational use of firearms is just as harmless/dangerous as most other recreational activities.
Firearm get more attention because the dim-witted believe it's the weapon that kills. More people get killed driving cars & in some thrill-seeking activities they put their or others' lives on the line with up front knowledge.
Firearm related crime is a direct consequence of people with your mentality i.e. vehemently opposing discipline to build a healthy mentality !
Posted by Indyvidual, Friday, 6 January 2023 8:56:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy