The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
That's all I can say about that.
Armchair Critic,
Well, nothing positive or pro-active anyway. Your girlfriend's daughter is obviously a good kid & doesn't need any discipline !
When there is no problem then there's obviously no need for discipline. I brought up the subject of discipline because too many kids aren't disciplined.
Denial or a little smack achieves way better outcomes than giving in to kids spoiled by stupid parents.
Anyhow, it's not about punishing kids for the sake of punishing. But too many kids are punished by not being disciplined & this won't surface until they get older & when they're beyond adopting responsibility & respect ! For such young people only a National Service scheme can pull them up !
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 10:48:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why would criminals pay such exorbitant prices for firearms when they can be made cheaply?
There is plenty on the net on how to manufacture, not only guns but ammunition and explosives.
Much of Deakin University’s study depends on evidence from criminals; the type of people renowned for telling the truth.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 10:55:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
the type of people renowned for telling the truth.
Is Mise,
I'd be inclined to trust the criminal more than the Uni outfit ! At least criminals don't ask for millions of Dollars funding with the predictable outcome of the taxpayer getting nothing in return.
Posted by Indyvidual, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 2:20:56 PM
Hey Indyvidual,
"Denial or a little smack achieves way better outcomes than giving in to kids spoiled by stupid parents."
Maybe, maybe not.
I was just trying to lay out an instance where kids can go the other way if they perceive the punishment or treatment by their parents to be unfair.
You risk ending up with an angry disturbed dysfunctional kid with a 'I don't care' attitude.
- And it can downward spiral from there.

- And yes she is an exceptionally good kid.
I'd say it's a almost a bit of an anomaly, how a kid can go through 2 foster homes and come out of it far better than most kids.
But she gets a lot of love and is treated very well by her Mum, so in some ways it's also no surprise and a credit to her Mum, and maybe a little bit of me too.

I always told her Mum that
'It's a Parents responsibility is to ensure your childs physical and emotional wellbeing',
'And that this is non-negotiable - if you fail to do this you fail your kids'.
- 'But if you get this right, the rest should automatically fall into place'.
(It's not rocket science)

She even got the Smith Family scholarship last year, does really well in mostly all her subjects and the ones shes average in, it's not for lack of trying.
She was recommended by teachers and the school as being the most deserving for the scholarship.
She has a bright future.

I don't disagree with you that kids need something positive to keep them from going off the rails.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 3:43:58 PM
"Who said anything about home owners or other innocents being armed with guns?"

Your very own NSW Shooters and Hooters Party;

Their firearms policy; "Support family and home protection and continue to support measures increasing a person’s right to self-defence."

Seems that these people have some strange fixation about guns.

"Greens and GCA are happy with innocent people being murdered in their own homes so long as the criminals are not endangered." A disgusting claim not worth commenting on. Give us a reference!

In the horrific case of the murder of Emma Lovell in her home in North Lakes Brisbane on Boxing Day by 17 year old home invaders. The solution to this kind of outrage starts long before the act itself, it starts with failures in the (juvenile) justice system, which put these monsters back on the streets. When these animals are in the act, its too late for "self defence" with guns, nives or bows and arrows, it should not have come to such a situation in the first place. I hold the minister, government and the justice system responsible, as they are also culpable in Emma's death, and no gun will protect the innocent from their incompetent acts. At the next Qld state election I wont be preferencing Labor, they have failed the test.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 5:57:48 PM
“ Greens and GCA are happy with innocent people being murdered in their own homes so long as the criminals are not endangered." A disgusting claim not worth commenting on. Give us a reference! ‘

Gladly, the Greens state in their firearms policy that guns should never be used for self defence.

It’s at the moment of attack that self defence is most necessary, as I posted years ago, I was attacked in broad daylight in Clarence St in Sydney’s CBD, and I slammed my attacker against a shop wall and raked his shins with one of my work boots.
He whined that he was only joking, before hobbling away, well I wasn’t.

I agree with your comments on the justice system
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 6:43:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14