The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16
  13. ...
  14. 20
  15. 21
  16. 22
  17. All
"he kids are Australian citizens.
mHaze,
How so ? Weren't they born in another nation to which their parents swore allegiance ?"

Under Australian law, it doesn't matter where they were born. All that matters is that least one parent was/is an Australian citizen.

If that parent formerly gave up their Australian citizenship BEFORE the kids birth, then that changes things. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

I find it passing strange that so many people here, who would consider themselves conservative or at least law-abiding, are so anxious to ignore the law when it suits. Its been happening a lot. Let's call it the 'lockdown effect'.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 8 October 2022 8:59:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heaven forbid that we ever turn over 'responsibility' for our affairs to an 'irresponsible' organisation like the UN.

mhaze,

You are concerned about "people here, who would consider themselves conservative or at least law-abiding, are so anxious to ignore the law when it suits …".

I would have thought, as one of those people yourself, you would be more concerned about people who ignore the law and go off to involve themselves against foreign wars, despite being warned that it is illegal, and they cannot expect to be readmitted to Australia.

As for your concern about citizenship, I have advised that the 'freedom of movement' available to citizens can be varied - as it was during the Covid panic - and citizenship can actually be cancelled.

Australians need to think more about the safety and well-being of their law-abiding fellow citizens instead of emoting and virtue signalling about people who hate them, and wish to harm them.

And, those fussing about children need to realise that, as they raise their own children in accordance with their culture, values and beliefs, so do parents who are terrorists.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 8 October 2022 9:37:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

"people who ignore the law and go off to involve themselves against foreign wars, despite being warned that it is illegal, and they cannot expect to be readmitted to Australia."

Those people aren't being invited back. You keep equating their kids with the actions of the father as though you can't separate one from t'other in your mind. The kids didn't head off to fight foreign wars. They didn't break any Australia law. They cannot be punished for the crimes of their parents - or at least they shouldn't be.

If we allow such a principle to stand, where does it stop. Government removing kids because their parents broke lockdown laws?

It is true that Australian citizens were prevented from returning at the height of the covid hysteria. But that was never going to be permanent and was reversed pretty quickly given that it was both illegal and immoral and was as much a matter of logistics as any thing else.

You just assume that the kids are radicalised beyond redemption. But there is no evidence for that. Again its a very dark place to punish people for crimes you assume they'll commit.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 8 October 2022 10:56:11 AM
The kids didn't head off to fight foreign wars.
mhaze,
They went there with their fathers & were born there & now their mothers want to bring them here !
Australian you say ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 8 October 2022 3:51:13 PM
mhaze

What is more important to you? Your own country and your own family, or kids you don’t know? Those kids are already tainted. You don't need "evidence" when it is a psychological given. You have always seemed be a reasonable sort, but I have to say that you are a bit obsessive on this one. I suppose the kids could be regarded as collateral damage from their parents' behaviour, and that's tragic; but that's the way it is, and heads should be overriding hearts.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 8 October 2022 4:26:24 PM
Children are always the victims & in a lot of cases by their parents as in this case. I find this situation akin to abortion.
Many do-gooders wouldn't object to Hitler's mother or the mothers of terrorists in 9/11 having an abortion in hindsight. Here we have quite some foresight yet some are still blind to see the consequences !
Why not let in good poor children from these countries of conflict ? Why not support the poor here ? No, do-gooders want to shove our own poor out of the way & bring in those of bad gene mixing who weren't even born here !
If do-gooders want to really help rather than just demand others do all the supporting of their idealism then they should go there & help the poor who produce children to suffer for their unfathomable mentality. How many times have we heard mothers of suicide weirdos etc from those countries say they wished they had more children to sacrifice ?
I'm all for helping poor decent folk but I'm afraid I have to draw the line at those former Australians who took on Citizenship & swore allegiance to ISIS !
How on Earth are we ever going to find peace when so many of our own people are so stupid ?
Posted by Indyvidual, Saturday, 8 October 2022 4:53:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. 16