The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All
Indy,

We brought YOU to Australia from Sh!tsville, that has been terrifying enough. Are you going back any time soon? Me hope so, and save us poor suffering taxpayers.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 16 October 2022 4:38:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
Lucky for all of us you're one of a kind because if there were two like you thousands of immigrants who kept you would head back !
Posted by Indyvidual, Sunday, 16 October 2022 4:48:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear Indyvidual,

You wrote :

« All this waffle flies out the window as soon as a citizen gets grief from incompetent & indifferent bureau droids in any authority ! »

There are no windows, Indyvidual, and our discussion here has nothing to do with what you imagine to be “waffle” about childish films of droids and make-believe "star wars". It is about the tragic reality of heinous war crimes committed by terrorists against innocent civilian victims.

As I indicated previously, I consider that those Australian nationals currently held in Syrian detention centres for their association with terrorists should be repatriated back to Australia in accordance with our international obligations and brought to trial under our system of courts-martial and Defence Force Magistrate.

In my view, an act of terrorism committed against innocent civilian victims, whether it be state terrorism or individual terrorism, committed by our own nationals or by foreign nationals, is an act of war and should be treated as a war crime.

It follows that our own nationals should be charged with treason and foreign fighters (or so-called freedom fighters) as prisoners of war.

I should also like to see the death penalty reintroduced in Australia for all those persons, irrespective of their nationality, found guilty of terrorism.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Monday, 17 October 2022 12:28:01 AM
Nah Indy,

95% agree with me, you know about the infamous 95% you are always banging on about, well, they have switched sides and are now with me. All jokes aside, as a migrant I'm sure you have made a valuable contribution to Australia, the vast majority of migrants do, and we are a better nation for that. p/s That's not going to stop me from giving you the razz when I feel like it.

Hi BP,

I've been in total agreement with you on this until I read your last line;

"I should also like to see the death penalty reintroduced in Australia for all those persons, irrespective of their nationality, found guilty of terrorism."

I totally oppose the death penalty under any circumstance. Terrorism can and does involve horrendous acts of barbarism against the innocent, as does some other murderous crimes. Calling for the death penalty is the result of emotion brought on by anger and disgust at the actions of these individuals, fully understandable. I understand the desire for vengeance is very strong within us humans, but what does it achieve, does it make us better persons for it? I think not, a discussion for another time.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 17 October 2022 5:22:18 AM

Dear Paul1405,

You wrote :

« I totally oppose the death penalty … Calling for the death penalty is the result of emotion brought on by anger and disgust at the actions of these individuals, … I understand the desire for vengeance is very strong within us humans, but what does it achieve, does it make us better persons for it? I think not … »

I understand and respect your position, Paul. I think it’s probably shared by most of our compatriots.

It is certainly shared by David f. to whom I explained my point of view earlier on this thread.

I honestly don’t think it’s motivated the slightest bit by emotion or desire for vengeance. I’m afraid it’s coldly rational. Here it is again for your convenience :

Death is irreversible, therefore society must defend itself from those who penetrate it and attempt to destroy it, just as any living organism must defend itself from microbes and viruses that penetrate deep inside it and attempt to destroy it.

The fight for life is a natural phenomenon that we all engage in, consciously or unconsciously whether we like it or not. For example, nature has equipped us with natural killer cells that identify and eliminate viruses and virus-infected cells and play an important role in helping us develop antiviral immune systems that protect us from future attacks.

By the same token, I consider that those who demonstrate by their heinous terrorist acts a complete lack of respect for the life and humanity of others have no place in society and should be eliminated. By the indiscriminate murder of many innocent people, they forfeit their own fundamental human right to life.

I agree that the scales of justice are not exactly balanced. The sacrifice of the lives of many innocent people far outweighs that of a few culpable, misguided terrorists.

Especially as I preconise it, the latter being euthanised calmly and comfortably, in the least painless conditions that modern science can allow, which, of course, would not have been the case for their innocent victims.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Monday, 17 October 2022 7:02:29 AM
Death is irreversible,
Banjo paterson,
So are the many losses & deaths due to criminals & generally bad & greedy & incompetent in authority !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 17 October 2022 11:03:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy