The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
What is the best way for Australia to produce terrorists?

1. Leave children to grow up (stateless?) in appalling conditions in the Middle East, knowing that they have been abandoned by Australia through no fault of their own but are being punished for their parents' sins. Will they grow up to love or hate Australia?

2. Rescue them and bring them to Australia, to the care of loving grandparents and extended family, and help them with medical and mental health support, education and career opportunities. Will they grow up to love or hate Australia?

What would Jesus do? Even for samaritans and muslims?
Posted by Cossomby, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 3:34:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The lady in the silky slip in this thread is the best and most edifying presentation on it.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 4:02:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cossomby,

You post reads as though both 1 a 2 are the best way to produce a terrorist, but I get what you are trying to say.

I should have made it clear that I am not interested in these women and children; I am interested in the safety of Australia and Australians. The best way to ensure that they don't become terrorists in Australia is to leave them where they are. They can be terrorists there, or farm camels. I don’t care. I don’t want them in Australia.

What would Jesus do? I don’t know. I know only what I would do and what I think the Australian government should do.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 5:22:58 PM
Dear Foxy,

You wrote:

"I guess its a moral choice that a predominantly Christian
country must make. A difficult choice - no doubt. However,
we have a government that is taking the advice and precautions
available to it. And for that we should be grateful."

Well said.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 5:40:11 PM
Hi Foxy,

Keep up the good fight, never let the bigots grind you down.

Paul in NZ.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 4 October 2022 6:41:57 PM
Foxy
It helps to remember than most right-wing extremists are bitter, lonely and hateful people who resist change and are attracted to policies that are both unfair and cruel.

Apart from their place of birth and social opportunity, when it comes to intolerance there's not a lot of difference between those they condemn and themselves and ninety years ago they would have happily put self-condemned women and children onto trains and sent them off to camps.

Maybe as a compromise they'd be happy to bring them back and keep them on Manus Island for the rest of their lives.
Posted by rache, Wednesday, 5 October 2022 12:05:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All