The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bringing Terror to Australia

Bringing Terror to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. 20
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. All
These people, children or adult, should be left where they are. Given the government that we have, voted for by a mere 32% of the population, this is unlikely: terror will be brought to Australia by that government, aided by a piss-poor opposition who has nothing to say about anything, and the lunatic Greens and riff-raff in the Senate.

This country is well and truly finished. I have watched several of the speeches and ramblings at the recent CPAC conference held in Sydney. So-called conservatives are anything but: naive, gullible and, in many cases, plain bloody stupid, bleating for people to vote Liberal after what they did over their past three terms. The Marxists are in control; they have thoroughly infiltrated main stream politics. I am glad that I am at the end of my lifetime, not just starting out.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 October 2022 8:15:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
not the UN’s problem or anybody else’s problem.
Banjo Paterson,
Why on Earth not ? They are playing a major indirect part in most of the problems on the planet !
Posted by Indyvidual, Monday, 10 October 2022 8:58:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indyvidual

Good on you mate.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 10 October 2022 11:31:28 AM
ttbn,
Where did you get that figure of 32%?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 10 October 2022 2:53:00 PM

Dear Indyvidual,

I wrote :

« It’s our problem, Indyvidual, not the UN’s problem or anybody else’s problem »

And you replied :

« Why on Earth not ? They are playing a major indirect part in most of the problems on the planet ! »

The United Nations (UN) is an intergovernmental organisation whose stated purposes are to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonising the actions of nations.

It “coordinates and harmonises” its member states It reminds them of their moral, legal, and political obligations as members. It does not substitute itself for them. That is not its mission. It is not equipped to do the work of its total membership of 193 independent sovereign nations.

One of its primary purposes is "promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms, and member states pledge to undertake "joint and separate action" to protect these rights.

The UN Special Rapporteur wrote in February 2020 to its member states, including Australia, concerning the repatriation of their nationals from the detention centres in Syria and Iraq.

Here is the letter :

http://www.ohchr.org/en/special-procedures/sr-terrorism/return-and-repatriation-foreign-fighters-and-their-families (click on "Statement on repatriation and prosecution of foreign fighters and their families ...)

Then, in January 2021, the UN wrote to 57 states, including Australia, reminding them of their Human Rights obligations and urging them to repatriate their nationals from the Syrian detention camps.

Here is Australia’s reply of 23 August 2021:

http://spcommreports.ohchr.org/TMResultsBase/DownLoadFile?gId=36517

That's where we stand today. We have not yet honoured our human rights obligations.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Tuesday, 11 October 2022 7:29:07 AM
Is Mise

Their primary vote. I might have left the decimal off, but that's all they votes they got - even less than the Coalition, who didn't deserve to be in government any more than Labor does, although a sensible system would see them doing so.

It is the ridiculous preferential system that lands us with idiots. We all go along with it because our vote would be informal if we didn't. When I vote, I want the candidate I put number 1 against, none of the others. The Senate is a different matter.

Labor and the Coalition will continue to haunt us and bugger us up because we can't punish them. Opposition for a short time is no big deal for the overpaid bastards.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 11 October 2022 8:07:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19