The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your throughts

Your throughts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. ...
  14. 30
  15. 31
  16. 32
  17. All
Individual, re 'This a problem that has been created for us deliberately by warlords in other countries with an agenda for Australia.'

I can just see it: a bunch of warlords (Afghanistan, Somalia etc). brainstorming:

Warlord 1. Ok guys, what can we blow up today to make life really difficult for Austria?

Warlord 2: What have we got against Austria (apart from the fact that they are western capitalist pigs (woops sorry, wrong storyline, western infidels)?

Warlord 3: It's those evil kangaroos - they are the real western capitalist infidels - they eat too much decadent apple strudle.

Warlord 4: But I love Skippy!

Warlord 1: You've been watching too much decadent western TV! Bang!

I just don't think deliberately creating problems for Australia is very high on the agenda for most warlords.
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 13 January 2014 1:44:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cossomby

The word of the day for you is *GULLIBLE*.

Your article pleads:
<<He knocked at the front door only to have it slammed in his face...Rejecting the lure of a people smuggler did nothing to help this desperate man>>

BULLS-TWANG!

If he didn't employ people smugglers how did he get from Afghanistan to Indonesia?

He just hasn't --*YET*-- employed people smugglers for the final leg of the journey.

As for your second pleading:
<<What if their land, communities, families and lives were destroyed by others?...>>

I think I gave you the answer before-- but you apparently didn't take it in. Afghanistan is not just a non-nice place for Hazarahs it is is an even worse place for the infidel Hindus minority (you might remember the Talban when in govt was all set to make them wear yellow stars to set them apart from the true believers).When things get unbearable for the Hindus they get themselves up and trek across the border to Hindu (majority) India.

The key thing that sets the hazarah apart is they are shia in a sunni dominated region --NOTE: they are NOT die-hard democrats or liberals --they are outed because they follow a different form of Islam.

When things get too tough in Afghanistan many simply up and cross the border into Iran (the mother of all shia) OR, those parts of Pakistan that are majority shia. However, the crafty ones employ people smugglers to get them into an affluent western country --where they are always assured of a wide-eyed credulous acceptance of everything they spout by hundreds of Crossombys'.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 13 January 2014 2:21:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there Paul1405...

I believe our reciprocal colleague CHRISGAFF1000, has kindly provided us with a lucid and coherent response. To both your questions, and your obvious unease concerning our dedicated police service.

I might also add, having had the opportunity to observe several overseas police forces of comparable size (approximately 16K sworn and almost half as much unsworn). It's really quite amazing just how adroit and professional most police members are in this State of NSW.

Considering the many instances of wanton and unnecessary interference as well as wilful obstruction they are habitually required to submit to ? Orchestrated largely by their incompetent and meddling political masters, who more often than not, have their own peculiar agenda to accomplish ?

This excludes the 'all powerful' Judiciary of course. Members will put in hundreds of hours, assembling a good brief. Despite the crook having antecedents stretching back before Cook discovered Oz. Regardless of all the good work; the unpaid O/T; still the enlightened, 'all seeing' Judiciary will cut him loose to perform yet another 'bust' or worse ? It's only occasionally you'll witness '4 wheels' full, as it meanders it's way out to the Bay or Parramatta.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 13 January 2014 3:07:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oi ! I'm only the messenger, stop firing at me. I just thought it was good food for thought so start thinking :-)

Cossomby is too diffficult for you to imagine that there is an agenda ? Have you got a radio & a tv ? What don't you understand about about the agenda vehicle that are the refugees ?
Ever heard of the phrase invasion by stealth ?
Start thinking.
Posted by individual, Monday, 13 January 2014 3:13:16 PM
SPQR, it's not a matter of gullibility but an awareness of the deeply complex nature of the problem which most of the emotive anti-refugee posts ignore.

Indonesia and Malaysia are not signatories to the UN refugee convention. There is basically no hope of a refugee getting citizenship there. I do not know how this man got to Indonesia and neither do you; you are just assuming he paid a people smuggler. (he may have travelled overland and caught a ferry to Indonesia, with a temporary visa, and then overstayed.)

Being accepted into Australia as a refugee gives people a chance to become citizens and have a life, so it's worth trying.

The SMH article challenges the argument that real refugees should wait in the queue and follow proper procedures. It is an explanation of why people take the risk of a boat trip instead.

Your personal attack on me is unacceptable
Posted by Cossomby, Monday, 13 January 2014 3:37:58 PM
Cossomby,

<<The SMH article challenges...>>

"Challenges" LOL

It doesn't so much challenge as give us the 2000th rendition of a tired old tune. A tune that has been covered so many times by some many hack groups that we all know it off by heart.

Clearly the SMH journalist wasn't so much interested in getting (investigative journalist like) to the bottom of HOW the "asylum seeker" arrived in Indonesia --and WHY he chose OZ over other locations, as he was playing the emotional angle for all its worth.

And it worked --like a dream!
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 13 January 2014 4:35:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21