The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Your throughts

Your throughts

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. ...
  14. 30
  15. 31
  16. 32
  17. All
o sung wu,
That sentiment between the crocks and police was a long time ago when there was a thing called 'mutual respect' operating.
The Consorting Act along with the Street Offenses Act, the Truancy Act and the Criminal Definitions Act(Regulations) and the Vagrancy Act were never repealed they were simply shelved and could be revived at a moments notice, and I believe they should be, however they were in place to give police the tools to control society as the parliament (people) wanted it controlled.
Now the moment the police manhandle someone or shoot some homicidal or suicidal maniac the 'short order social cooks' want them castrated, tarred and feathered.
I'd hate to be in the job today.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Sunday, 12 January 2014 6:55:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy...your an oak...

Planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Sunday, 12 January 2014 8:10:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi CHRISGAFF1000...

I stand corrected, sorry. I was under the impression the Consorting had been repealed, along with Street Offences and Vagrancy ? It's little wonder the average copper has a hard time of it, interdicting anti-social behaviour in public places ? As a former prosecutor, you would've seen the effect this had when some poor baggy arse 'jumped the box' with someone like Pat O'Shane presiding. Though I've heard she's taken retirement ?

Even though I'm over seventy years, I still miss the camaraderie, but never the job.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 12 January 2014 8:19:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris; "they were in place to give police the tools to control society as the parliament (people) wanted it controlled." More like the way the Jackboot Johnny's in the coppers wanted to control society, by using the laws you refer to, the coppers though they ran the show. graft and corruption was rampant, or was that also how society wanted it. Police perform a necessary, well paid job, for society, but it is important to keep them in their cage and under control.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 January 2014 8:25:52 PM
o sung wu…the whole committee of the police force is behind you…what else is on my mind, is these gutless king hit heroes……and the funny thing is, they cant see their being replaced....even the Scottish have our laws in replacement.

Planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:16:56 PM
Hi there FOXY...

I've tried to exclude myself again, from entering the debate on these illegal boat arrivals. I've read with interest your thoughts and the links you've kindly furnished, in an attempt to perhaps mitigate the many reasons they've sought protection from our authorities. Why then did they chose that particular method of arrival ? A method that appears, to be principally suspicious ? Literally trying to sneak in to our country, instead of making a normal application to immigrate.

To me at least FOXY, however well you've argued their case, and how you've strenuously stated the many compassionate and humanitarian reasons, why they do what they do. I just can't help thinking, it's a matter of defending the indefensible. No doubt your compassion and altruistic nature is patently evident. So are the more devious and fraudulent motives of these illegals, they are manifestly evident also, it's sad to say !
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 12 January 2014 9:28:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18