The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. All
Anthony sorry to divert your thread.
But felt the need to talk to you.
In a strange way your threads title is descriptive in more ways than one.
I fear for us all.
We never know just who is reading and from what country.
Some may well think we are the Australian version of the Beverly hill Billy's.
The tax has unleashed Gillard a lady who could not give ice water away in the Sahara, and Abbott his lips are moving what more can I say?
Now green cars become a target?
If it was not so funny and sad too I may cry.
Great words come back,you can fool some of the people some of the time.
Just now? most of the people but not forever hold these folk to account if I am not around will you?.
Unspeakable terror? yes deniers are that.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 6:29:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I had a green car once. Morgan +4, in British Racing green. The styling was so out of date that some people who saw it new accused me of doing a beautiful restoration job. I guess I was all ready in practice to be a hasbeen at 22.

It did 124.6MPH down conrod straight.

A real car, not one of these fool hybrid things designed to meet a California law that never happened. Still Toyota got most of their research & development costs back, by selling them to green fools, who can't do arithmetic.

I've got a Triumph TR7 in my fleet today. Like the Hybrid, they were designed, along with a number of other cars, to meet another fool US law that never was implemented. Instead of crumple zones it has an extremely strong bumper bar. Much better idea anyway. US manufacturers couldn't meet the requirements, so they dropped it.

If only we could stop these fool activists, with half baked ideas, causing so much of the stupidity in our law makers, to come to the surface, we'd all be much better off.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 1:06:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Why not have an intelligence test before
allowing people to vote? ;-)
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 1:42:56 PM
Lexi my dear, I think you're going too far at that, there would be just you & me voting. But change that to an intelligence before anyone was allowed to stand for any sort of office & I think you're on a winner.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 2:32:19 PM
Well Hasbeen, I would not buy a Hybrid as most of the smaller European
diesels get better milage.
I met a guy who had a Prius and he had fitted an extra battery to it.
On his normal commute trip he was getting 1000km per litre.
That I think was worthwhile.

I will get around to chasing up those reports.
I am not interested in CO2 emissions, only fuel consumption.

My interest in the Leaf was because of the very good reports in the US
and its range was ideal for me, but I will not fall sucker to the Great Aussie Ripoff.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 4:15:30 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

I think you're onto something with that idea.
However, we'd have to make do with
reduced numbers in Parliament. Which would be
not only a big saving - but it would up the
ante in terms of quality. Brilliant!
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 4 July 2012 6:50:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12