The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Hasbeen has an advantage over you Anthony, he has no need to be liked.
He likes himself enough to never have to consider his words are some times best used in the garden.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 July 2012 6:02:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're right, Belly, and while I try to point out to the has beens of this world, the error of their way, I'm resigned to their responses.
As time passes we're seeing the has beens become increasingly shrill, as their position becomes increasingly more tenuous.
But who knew it would happen so quickly.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Friday, 6 July 2012 7:01:16 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Labor hasbeens are finding themselves on the wrong side of history. With their economic silliness, their daily blunders, and the plethora of unpopular new taxes, the labor caucus is looking at an election in just over a year, being reduced to a rump, and having most of their legislation repealed.

"Juliar has lost the first week of the real carbon tax debate and is unlikely to recover ground any time soon, if ever. In strategic and tactical terms the Labor Party was beginning from behind on July 1 and actually went backwards. For Juliar the even worse news about the carbon tax emerging during the first week of its formal implementation was that it was not her only problem. The simultaneous introduction of the carbon tax and the minerals resource rent tax, the removal of the private health insurance rebate and the superannuation changes for higher income earners has masked uncertainty and electoral anger connected to those changes.

From last Sunday the countdown has begun to the time when Gillard can call a "normal" House of Representatives and half-Senate election and Labor now knows it is less than a year. While the Prime Minister's strategists calmly play down the prospect of any early recovery in the disastrous Labor polling after July 1 during the continuing roll out of billions of dollars in carbon tax compensation for households and industry bailouts, the realistic chances of turning things around diminish by the day.

What's more, Labor MPs who have gone home for the winter break are being confronted with ongoing anger about the carbon tax. They realise when they return to parliament for the spring session they will have an election deadline in sight."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 July 2012 8:19:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for the link Luciferase.
A reasonable explanation. What did surprise me was the delay between
the two. About a thousand years to 10 thousand years.
At present we seem to be in a delay of five to 50 years according to
the legislation that has been applied to this problem.

However the whole problem is based on faulty data.
The IPCCs computer models do not have the correct value for available
fossil fuels.
I have seen a graph using correct data and overlayed on the graphs
that were produced by the IPCC and it shows a temperature increase of
less than one degree.

See the Upsalla web site for links.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 6 July 2012 8:52:11 AM
Do stop blathering Anty, & try to answer my arguments. You always go off into this assumed superiority when you have no answer.

Belly old mate, if the best reason for holding an opinion is because it is more likely to make you popular, you have my sympathy.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 6 July 2012 10:07:14 AM
Writing slow Hasbeen keep up mate.
Big frosts so far three below minus one 4 below.
Yet a brave little day Lilly is showing its head?
Did not know they did that lime colored buet too.
Have about 60 different ones right now, more after spring.
Now SOME say outlandish things to be noticed too bloke.
Opinions are free we all have them, I am a bit like you, do not care in the least.
If you want to talk tripe go ahead.
Any info on the flowers?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 6 July 2012 12:37:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy