The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

Blessed Relief from Unspeakable Terror

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Do I detect evidence of a humour bypass among one or two respondents?
Of course its stupid and absurd, loudmouth and Individual, it's a piss take.
Guys, lighten up. Did the hyperbolic title not give you a clue?
As one might expect, Belly and Hasbeen got the joke.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Sunday, 1 July 2012 5:41:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALP mindlessness has startet in earnest, supporters included.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 1 July 2012 6:36:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anthonyve,
I agree and don't expect the sky to fall in. Though I'm not expecting the carbon tax to have any appreciable effect either. It's always seemed to me that best way to cut carbon emissions is to cut consumption. In fact it's the only way. But of course that would have a negative effect on the economy (hallowed be thy name) and so the government has to come up with a magic pudding by which carbon emissions can be cut while the economy grows--marvelous (why is OLO saying this is a spelling mistake?) what they can do these days. We can lose weight "and" maintain (neigh increase!) consumption! Consumption is good, it solves all ills so long as it's taxed appropriately. In fact we should tax lacklustre consumption!
Consumption is next to godliness!
But a word to the wise: maybe keep a weather-eye on where the revenues going...
Posted by Squeers, Sunday, 1 July 2012 7:04:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Of course this all depends on the government keeping it's promises and if prices do rise they're not going to magically go back down if the coalition does axe the tax.
There is also the possiblity that the coalition will keep the carbon tax or the trading scheme once their money loving benefactors start making serious dollars out of it.
I'm personally in favour of a transition to renewable energy but are we going to see these so called "coal Barons" making billions off Carbon Trading as well as profiting from the ever expanding demand for fossil fuels thus making a killing off both ends? The effect on the little guy is going to depend on what sort of policies and character of political personnel develop from this new regime.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 1 July 2012 10:30:36 PM
This mornings stroll through the jungle that has become this country's print media is well worth while.
Hidden in the fact Abbott's negativity, and Gillards inability's, she has many, Labor is near nearing death this truth.
300 Australian businesses have come out in favor of the carbon tax.
Saying it will do what it is meant to.
Drive change to a cleaner future.
I predict too it will remove Gillard, she could not sell free food to starving people.
And that Abbott, intent on the same reduction targets,but without compensation,will too fall at the hurdle he built.
One day, it may take a decade, we will be stunned by the knowledge of who the faceless men backing this foolish man are.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 July 2012 5:01:49 AM
@ Anthonyv & fellow believers,

This is where we find if the warmist's are for real or just a load of *hot air*:

When Anthonyv says:
“ Won't I at least be able to have a Macas?”

It’s akin to an orthodox Jew saying “ Won't I at least be able to have a pork sandwich?”

Because according to AGW theology--see below:

“The FAO report found that current production levels of meat contribute between 14 and 22 percent of the 36 billion tons of 'CO2-equivalent' greenhouse gases the world produces every year. It turns out that producing half a pound of hamburger for someone's lunch a patty of meat the size of two decks of cards releases as much greenhouse gas into the atmosphere as driving a 3,000-pound car nearly 10 miles.”
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-greenhouse-hamburger

So no Anthonyv –if you were fair dinkum – you should NOT have that Macas --stick with the lentils or tofu!
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 2 July 2012 7:57:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy