The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
Starting to have a few doubts about A S 8 years in the one job yet the English is so bad?
Education is not that is clear so how long have you been in Australia?
And your son is made to clean the toilets at school?
Your state once had an Aboriginal Governor, it and my state have had many from your country of birth in both major party's and our federal government has too.
How much trouble would your country go to to help me if I went there?
Australia opens its doors to the world, we gain much from migration.
We however leave some effort to those migrants no hand maidens are supplied .
However your input to the thread has highlighted in my mind we do not need a separate party.
I want to know what party big or small is not recruiting all who want to join right now?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 4 February 2008 6:04:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Belly, Boaz and others are correctin that a political party set up specifically for 'migrants' would further divide us when we need more integration and would be a nightmare to administer because of cultural differences. I think you can now see this.

To my mind, a migrant is a person of a foreign nationality that has permanent residential status here. A person who takes out citizenship ceases to be a migrant and becomes Aussie. Permanent residents have just about the same rights as citizens, with differences such as the right to be a member of Parliament or vote.

Antonios Symeonakis,
The 'basic rights' you list, seem to be all personal and work related issues, which any political party could not solve. I wonder how many employers you have worked for. Some employers are better than others. If you have had only one job, that job may not suit you or if you have had a number of jobs and still do not have good relations with your supervisors, it could be your own personality and attitude.
We have an excellant record of tolerance and understanding migrants and we can easily point to many happy and successful migrants in any community. Many of whom come from non-English speaking backgrounds and we know that it is tough for new arrivals.

No system anywhere acheives 100% happiness for immigrants, but ours is better than most.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 4 February 2008 8:59:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ASymeonakis,

Thank you for your relpy.
WE are a friendly lot by nataure but many are now concered they will be taken over by other cultures. Regardless May I say your problem probably was English.
When you take on a job its important to get a work description. BTW What type of work did you do before you came to Australia?

The other thing is you mostly find new Australians employing new Australians.
For Example
I saw a boss treat his young man in a most rude manner while up in Cairns.

I actually said dont speak to him that way.

Neither were Aussies and you cant blame us if there are the conditions that is approved of in other countries.

I hope I dont offend you with my next comment because its ALL part of Aussie humour.

I also note you made no refernces to the questions I asked of you above.

What are you thoughts please? If you going to be involved in politics for migrants these you will find important ones because they are the most common to raise their heads.

Again thank for your reply and we are interested to hear you honest thoughts on our above questions.

Now excuse me because i found something here that tickles my fancy.

Hey Guys= Wheres Belly= This is funny as!

ASymeonakis, said>

When I was counselor (about for one year) in the Trade Union, Printing Division of South Australia, after 8 years we decided for elections, we gave the candidates' forms and Union bureaucracy forgot to sent them to Australia Electoral Commission.
Posted by ASymeonakis, Sunday, 3 February 2008 6:45:58 PM

pale comments
A rare insight from ALP unions= Hilarious! Or 'perhaps' they really did forget= Wouldnt surprise me
Oh boy am I going to pay for that one ASymeonakis,.

I may even have to help you guys while hiding out ah.
ASymeonakis- I forgot to ask if Aussies will be able to join this New Party?
I should think it might be seen as a bit racist by some if not. Dont you?

cheers
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 4 February 2008 9:05:10 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
StG: I'm a migrant, my first language is english (I'm a kiwi), but I really think there should be a high standard of literacy and english comprehension before being accepted here. I've worked with other migrants (from many nations) and the hardest thing challenging them (IMO) is communication.

Jeez. I can't be the only one who wouldn't be here if that was the rule in years past.

For the record, my poor, immigrant Northern European grandparents spoke fluent English within two years. They're both dead, but they've left many happy, productive, professional-class descendants. A lot of immigrants aren't afraid of a challenge.

Building a nation doesn't happen in three-year terms. Sometimes you have to look generations ahead.
Posted by Vanilla, Monday, 4 February 2008 12:46:04 PM
This is getting interesting and I'm grateful for all your inputs.
So much food for thought. I think I'm leaning towards Banjo's
last post - our current system is not perfect - but it is better than most
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 February 2008 1:42:05 PM
AS with the greatest honest respect, you must understand we Australians treat one another much as you seem to have been treated.
I read every word of every post in threads that interest me, this one is just one.
Read a few, see how some of us talk to each other, note some talk but do not listen to others opinions.
If we took offense we would be at war, human nature friend that is what it is, in truth if your complaints get written down every one of them, you will find not one is about this country's politics.
How do I say this? should I say it?probably not yet I must before anyone laughs Humor can be a shared mate ship thing , the worst among us use it as a weapon in time you will know the difference, may I ask we all read the what happened to the meat last 30 posts?
See like most I read the threads, like most would like to distance myself but for some of us it must be a two way effort I constantly make the effort but it is no longer in my hands.
AS so you will know I too am a trade unionist, my mate who sits with me on the committee of management comes from your country he is a hero, and I admire him till death.
30 years in this country if he speaks fast I can not understand a word he says but he is my mate.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 4 February 2008 1:57:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 12