The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
I have tried to start a new political party but hey have a go.

Mine was the australian peoples party, www.tapp.org.au

dont worry about the heading i just used that for myself when i ran as an independent .

The biggest problem is that political parties do not represent the people of their electorates and that they are only there to represent their parties.

I will not go away, the other parties and unions have forgotton what government is about, us the people.

That is why i created tapp so it is about choice not dictatorship.

Stuart
swulrich@bigpond.net.au
Posted by tapp, Saturday, 2 February 2008 9:13:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

I suppose if you look at it that way we should have one party representing all men and one party representing all women and one party representing the in between.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 2 February 2008 9:14:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, I have to agree with HenryVIII that migrants have as much right, and ability, to partake in politics as the rest of us.

I find the notion of a separate political party for migrants quite off-putting. It would no doubt have one very significant negative effect; exacerbating a divide between migrants and non-migrants.

We certainly don’t want that to happen. In fact we very strongly want the opposite to happen, so that we can all feel like full citizens of this country.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 2 February 2008 9:19:00 PM
Those in favour of sectarian strife say aye. Naive.
Posted by palimpsest, Saturday, 2 February 2008 10:42:37 PM
AYE,

A political party run to the tune of immigrants and Aboriginals would serve as a great vehicle for political unrest.

Every time Keysar Trad or his idiotic boss graces the TV most people feel the need to throw up. And as the biggest migrant group in this country these are the people that this topic will attract.

So go on Sheik Hilali for PM baby.
Posted by SCOTTY, Saturday, 2 February 2008 11:32:38 PM
Runner,
Sorry to disappoint you but not all Jews and Arabs consider themselves enemies - nor all Protestants and Catholics, blacks and whites, blue-eyes and brown-eyes or any other group that some like to believe are obliged to be automatic enemies.

Not all Labour voters are opposed to businesses and not all business owners are anti-Union.

Unfortunately the idea of this sort of party only provides yet another forum for those keen on dividing us into even more groups to fuel their prejudices.
Posted by wobbles, Sunday, 3 February 2008 1:01:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy