The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

A NEW POLITICAL PARTY - SPONSORED BY ALL MIGRANT GROUPS...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
Gibo- that last post of yours is unarguable. I cannot imagine ever reading a more definitive statement of anyones opinion. Surely the last word?
Posted by palimpsest, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 6:36:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Antonios,

Thank you for paying me such a great compliment. It means that I have won your trust - which means a great deal. But my health is not good.
I was diagnosed with cancer - and I'm still fighting the battle.
It's one that I intend to win.

As for your suggestion of an Organisation - instead of a political party. It's an excellent idea. And one that may even get financial Government support. Especially if community groups can be persuaded to join. It would take an enormous amount of planning. And the right
contacts.
You would need to seriously think about what your aims are - and what you wanted to achieve - and how you would go about achieving it.

But with the right people - willing to work - who knows what could be done? I feel tired just thinking about it.

Did you know that Australia's migrant intake is surging towards 200,000 a year?

New Zealanders, Britons and Indians are leading the boom, according to the latest Immigration Department figures. Almost 192,000 permanent migrant visas were issued in 2006-07, up 6.7 per cent on
2005-06.

These included more than 51,000 visas given to those already living here, says the report, Immigration Update 2006-07.

The intake is the biggest since the mass migration of the late 1960s.

Australia arguably now has the world's highest per capita migrant program.

Traditional rival Canada currently has a lower anuual rate than Australia.

Victoria welcomed more than 48,000 migrants last year, most settling in Melbourne. About 55 per cent of this intake was Asian-born; fewer that 15 per cent of arrivals were from Europe.

The top source country by birthplace was India, followed by New Zealand, China and Britain, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Malaysia, Sudan, and Iraq.

Monash University migration expert Dr Bob Birrell said the influx was staggering, especially given that the figures didn't include foreigners living here on temporary visas.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 6:42:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy
I am sorry for your health problems, Do not say me for cancer!! my mother, father, three brothers died from cancer, my sister has cancer, many relatives died from cancer.
Foxy you know many things about migrants, you know very well the Australian reality, I am sure your help for the creation of a center for migrants(with branches in all states) will be very important. You know my weakness, my problems. I am ready to fight, I will fight but this is not enough, we need persons like you. We can start as a national committee for the creation of this center, 4-5 persons are enough for the begin. We can use this forum and any other available forum to promote our activities. I am sure very soon we will find enough persons in all states. It is better to start with what we can do now, to start with the easy one and build up. I do not think it is right to ask the ethnic community organizations to support us,
a) we must keep them far of possible problems, as last resort for migrants.
2) We want individual activists who stand on their own feet and do not depend from any one else.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 7:57:08 PM
A practicality. From what I have seen of migrants to Australia from Asia and Africa, and particularly refugee migrants, they are sometimes too frightened to make waves or complain lest they be treated as badly as they would have been in their own country had they tried to do something. There are migrant resource centres in the capital cities, but I don't think they do enough.

I think an important issue is that migrants, or perhaps some migrant groups, get out more into the community rather than living in enclaves, which are certainly bad PR for them. Migrants also have a lot of experience that is very worthwhile and may be very well qualified professionally but can't work here in their profession because of vested Australian professional interests. Certainly, something needs doing about this, and such migrants need to be encouraged to form their own pressure groups.To give credit to the Australian government, there is a fair bit of support around, but there are also some serious problems in parochial Australian attitudes that need overcoming.

Good thread Foxy and good luck.
Posted by HenryVIII, Tuesday, 5 February 2008 8:36:53 PM
ASymeonakis

Do you not feel contact with AFIC would be helpful Asymeoakis they have several programes that might interest you to work with both migrants an us Aussies
Er, If you going to be the leader of kindness please respect Foxy said she isnt a well person.
Just an observation. Perhaps you ask too much of a sick lady - no?

In the mean time I have requested a new thread and I was wondering if you might like to assist a couple of muslim ladies to be free to leave Australia.
There seems to ne a problem with them getting their pass port to go/.

I would like to see the ladies be able to leave asap.
After all it would be a shame to stop people from living where they prefer do you agree?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 1:16:59 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Antonios,

There are people within your own community who have specific knowledge and skills - who may be willing to contribute some of their time with advise based on their experience in this country - dealing with various institutions and government agencies. They are the people who can advise you what to do.

Similarly, once you have started - approaching other communities will become easier - as you will be able to share your expertise. And draw
upon knowledge and experience of members belonging to these communities.

This way it will not involve a small group of people engaged in full time commitment - but draw upon a large network - able to contribute as available and needed.

People are not willing to make a full time commitment - but with a larger network of expertise - people may be more willing to contribute
some of their time.

I wish you successs in a pursuit of a worthy task.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 9:22:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13