The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is the Origin of the Palestinian People?

What is the Origin of the Palestinian People?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25
  13. 26
  14. 27
  15. 28
  16. All
Gentlemen,

I'd like to Thank you all for your contributions to
this discussion. However I have no further wish
to continue to argue with any of you. I see no point
in my repeating the same arguments.

I would like to call on everyone to support all those
who are grieving and distressed in our communities
and to treat each other with love and respect.

We don't need this conflict to strike division here.

I look forward to our next discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 6:30:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Israel wants to kill Muslim women and kids in the thousands while Al Jazeera plasters it all over the TV so that millions of Muslims watch it, then they're the ones playing with fire.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 7:35:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Critic,

«If Israel wants to kill Muslim women and kids in the thousands while Al Jazeera plasters it all over the TV so that millions of Muslims watch it, then they're the ones playing with fire.»

Well that is obviously correct. If I like to drink a cup of nitric acid, then I would be the one playing with fire in my stomach. If you like to sneak into the lion's cage at the zoo, then you would be the one to play with the lion's digestive fire - the wondrous world of 'IF' clauses...

I would like to ask for some clarification on a statement you made a week or two ago, referring you to:
http://www.linkedin.com/posts/rabbipoupko_liel-weinstein-from-netanya-was-just-19-years-activity-7119868208764870656-8vgM

19 year old corporal Liel Weinstein, formerly a celebrity in Israel's kids TV show,
was conscripted and served as a cook in an Israeli military base close to Gaza.

Her only weapon was the kitchen ladle: according to your system of thought, since she was in uniform, was she "fair game" when murdered on October 7th?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 8:23:24 AM
mhaze: "...to further a messianic mission of killing all Jews."

The exact same 'messianic mission' argument could be levelled equally at Jews as much as Muslims.

Both sides here seem to have 'messianic missions', on the Jewish side it's continuing the taking of land to restore the 'biblical Israel' 'God gave it to us' etc, which is the cause of this grievance in this decades old conflict.

Its like mhaze literally trips over the biggest tree root in the yard, stumbles and falls over, and he doesn't even realise he did it.

I don't know how people can be so lacking in self awareness they don't even comprehend the dumb things they say.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 8:27:48 AM
"Both sides here seem to have 'messianic missions', on the Jewish side it's continuing the taking of land to restore the 'biblical Israel' 'God gave it to us' etc,"

Even if that were true - in fact its palpable rubbish - there's a vast difference between that and seeking to wipe out the population of an entire nation, which is Hamas' stated goal.

BTW AC, still waiting for you to show where I said Palestine was " unpopulated prior to 1948". Either that or an admission that you just made it up to try to salvage some self-respect for the hammering you've been taking. Or is owning up to this sort of thing not part of your make-up?
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 9:27:58 AM
I'm still waiting for you to explain the intent and purpose for saying that Palestinians don't have a state.

Israeli Doctors Call for the Targeting of Gaza Hospitals, Ambulances
http://www.palestinechronicle.com/israeli-doctors-call-for-the-targeting-of-gaza-hospitals-ambulances/

If any other nation on the planet was doing what Israel is doing right now, the uproar by western leaders would be deafening.
- But because Israel has US congress in it's pocket, we all have to pretend these acts we see are reasonable and justified.

Well they're not.
You've just killed 5000 bloody kids in a matter of weeks, nearly 10 time the amount killed in Ukraine in over 18 months.
- And there are probably lots more uncounted under the rubble.

Anyone that doesn't condemn that, is no better than those dropping the bombs.

Israel is an apartheid child murdering terrorist state.
- And I hope they're never ever allowed to forget it.

They wanted to make sure nobody ever forgot the holocaust
I hope nobody forgets the holocaust of Gazan children.

Disgusting. Appalling. Unconscionable.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 November 2023 6:41:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. Page 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25