The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

There Is An Epidemic Of Gun Crime In Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. ...
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. 21
  17. All
Ho, ho Issy,

Obviously the 3 named were not law abiding citizens, as they all committed murder. So like the S&H Party and the SSAA are you prepared to accept non law abiding citizens, in this case murderers, as legally licensed gun owners. Since you can't differentiate between the actual law abiding, and the non law abiding. How about no one gets a licence until there is in place an absolute fool proof system of licencing of only law abiding citizens. You will need a very powerful crystal ball for that. Agree?

It does concern me that you would believe the 3 named were "law abiding citizens". Can you guarantee 100% that no person issued a firearm licence, will never use said weapon for criminal purposes. If you can then I will concede you are right, and I am wrong.

BTW, you failed to justify the 3 mentioned as law abiding citizens, although you claimed they were.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 27 December 2022 8:02:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The advances in electronics and miniaturisation will see to that.
Is Mise,
If only such advances could be made in clamping down on the sociologists meddling in peoples' lives which has caused so much grief & tragedy !
Is it any wonder some people eventually lose it ? Much of this gun crime could be prevented if we had a National Service & let parents discipline their children. It's because of these social "experts" dictating their abnormal ideas to normal people which denies normal people to develop a healthy mentality. Instead, abnormal mentality is pushed in our schools denying the young a normal growing up !
Posted by Indyvidual, Tuesday, 27 December 2022 8:07:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
‘ BTW, you failed to justify the 3 mentioned as law abiding citizens, although you claimed they were.“
How dense are you?
Everyone is law abiding until they break the law.

Good idea no licences until a foolproof system is devised, could cut the road tool to almost nil and reduce pollution dramatically; have you got any other brilliant ideas?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 27 December 2022 9:09:44 PM
OK Issy,

You acknowledge that non law abiding citizens can hold a firearm licence and there is no mechanism to prevent this. Why should those of us not wanting guns in the community, have to be put into a situation of danger from criminals due to a dysfunctional system that allows such people to obtain a gun licence and firearms legally?

You haven't commented on "Cleanskins", the 7% of so called law abiding gun owners who will report the "theft" of guns (average 3) in their position. Considering guns supposedly are to be stored in ones own personal "Fort Knox", will you agree that seems a very high instance of gun theft. Considering a gun can fetch up to 5 or 6 times its original purchase price on the black market that may be a factor in why so many guns are stolen. Once in the hands of criminals these "legal guns" are used to commit everything from robbery to murder, what do the Gunnies propose to do about that to make the community safe from armed criminals?
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 5:30:59 AM
Re: Law abiding citizens.

Nathaniel Train for one was not a law abiding citizen.
He broke lockdown and illegally crossed into QLD from NSW.

Now me personally we could have a discussion on the effectiveness and rightfulness / legality of the lockdowns and the risk and repercussions of spreading covid, how serious it really was, as well as the effectiveness and side effects of the vaccines, all of which are kind-of dubious.

Nonetheless he was willing to put the state at risk, older peoples lives at risk in a remote area that probably had less access to medical facilities.

I've always said that 'Everybody has the right to live however they choose so long as it doesn't harm others' well that so called 'law abiding citizen' wanted to put a local community and entire state at risk, for what he wanted so I don't think much of him honestly.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 7:40:18 AM
Re: Let parents discipline their children

What do you mean exactly?
Smack your kids only in extreme situations like for example when its 5 years old and runs out onto a busy road?
Smack shite out of your kids as the standard go to punishment everytime it annoys you or tests your patience? (as kids sometimes do)
Discipline your kids as in 'make em do push-ups' so that you can calm down when it annoys you and then you decide a fair punishment?

My girlfriends 8 yo daughter has been in 2 foster homes.
You'd think she'd be a screwed up kid but no.
You'd think she'd be the type of kid that spacks out and chucks tantrums? No.
You want to know something?
Her mum has never smacked her once in her life, she's a great kid.
She's heard every swear work under the sun, but chooses not to ever use them.

I could let a dozen swear words roll off my tongue and beg her to swear, even try to offer her $20 if you swear but no, she won't do it.

What happens when you start smacking your kids, and they start developing an 'I don't give a shite about anything' attitude
What happens when the smackings become common place and they start wishing they'd never been born and hate you for it?
What happens when they grow up a bit more and start using drugs and resort to crime.

Be careful about smacking your kids, you may not fully appreciate where that path may lead
You may not like having an out of control teenager doing drugs and crime on your hands
- That's all I can say about that.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 28 December 2022 7:41:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12