The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35
  13. 36
  14. 37
  15. All
Irfan

"Lunatic fringe". What an offensive call.

I have had some 25 years of mental health nursing. Your use of the term "lunatic" is offensive to all people who have mental health problems.

Since there are around one in five people who may have, or are likely to have mental health problems - I wonder how your family would like the term "lunatic"?

Kay
Posted by kalweb, Sunday, 11 December 2005 11:59:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>Seriously, if Jesus returned and declared himself a Muslim, some people here would reject him and want him expelled from the country<<.

Now now Irf, doesn't your religion say that Jesus will just do that When (not if) He comes back. He will marry a muslim and declare eating pork "haram"? Among other fantasies...

Admit it mate your religion is the cause of hatred in the world. Your religion cannot assimilate anywhere by peaceful means.

Having said that what we saw in the last 24 hours in Sydney is Gang Territorial Anarchism Australian-style which has been evident for many years not to be confused with the religious issue. A good example is Macquarie Fields.

Unfortunately the average Australian still doesn't have a clue about the real threat of Islam to their cultural way of life.

And please when you do get a clue could someone please inform the chief of the NSW police because he went public today saying:" if
I knew the cause of the problem I'll find a solution..."
Posted by coach, Monday, 12 December 2005 8:16:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder how many of the racist posters on this site were in that ugly mod at the beach the other day?
Hitler could work up a logical reason to kill all Jews and it seems some are trying to do the same for Muslims. What suggest these racists do is read what Hitler said about Jews and see the parroting of those ideas in their own and maybe they might wake up to themselves but I'm not holding my breath. One reason is I believe some of the posters would have joined the SS. It would be fitting if the new terror laws were used on these racist scum.

Why is it that Christians believe OBL is a Islamic fighter but say Joseph Kony isn't a Christian one?
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 12 December 2005 8:50:25 AM
meredith, you continue to make the assumption that because I saw FH's comment in a different light to you that I wander around with my eye's closed and that I don't value truth. Both are very wrong.

I've asked FH questions before when I was been concerned by something he said on his blog. I recieved a polite simple explaination that satisfied my concerns.

FH's comments re the attrocity in Bosnia was quite different to Irfan comments about the Sydney gangs.
- From my recollection FH's claim was made in response to a round of "your religion is more barbaric than mine" with Numbat being the previous player. I think FH cheated because the category was apparently christian attrocities in Australia and FH came back with an alleged incident from Bosnia. He lost 5 points for that. He is an inexperienced player and generally is smart enough to stay out of the game.
- FH's claim did not substantially alter the context of the discussion. There are a lot of documented atrocities from Bosnia in that period with muslims being on the recieving end of plenty of them. I have seen no other suggestions that the sydney gangs are from the lebanese christian ethnic grouping and the claim is in direct contradiction to what I have heard.
- I think FH believed what he was saying. As I've previously stated I have not seen proof of the incident and have put it in the I don't know basket. I have no reason to assume that FH did not see media reports about such an incident in Egypt.

Now I've asked some hard questions of Irfan maybe you could try asking some tough questions of the anti-muslim lobby. You could start by looking at the impact of continual refusal to allow integration on the ability of others to integrate. Over to you.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 12 December 2005 5:35:42 PM
I blame the media/politicians for all of this "beach brawling". They created the perception that terrorism in Australia was apparent and that our democracy was at stake. This was never apparent; an article in the West Australian several weeks ago talked about Muslim Terrorist Organizations in Australia. None of this was proven.

After the fear was in instilled into the hearts of the Australian majority, the "anti-terrorism" legislation was placed to further create the fear and controversy. They made Muslims living in Australia an "issue". All the people were so psyched and drunk. They declared patriotism and brutally attacked the Lebanese in Sydney.

And after all of this John Howard continues to deny an issue of racism in Australia. I'm 16, and even I know that racism is synonymous to terrorism. If you create the philosophy that terrorism is apparent in Australia. You're dividing our society into Muslim/non-Muslim, Arab/non-Arab. Terrorism is racism.

How am I to listen to what people are telling me? How do I listen to the media? Who should I believe? What do you want me to do, when patriotic white Australians attack my sister and mother when they're in the supermarket buying groceries? What ever happened to the concepts of multiculturalism in Australia?

We are a democracy aren't we? The moral core of democratic liberalism has three elements; personal liberty, social liberty and civil liberty. For Muslims, it's inevitable that in short time all of these elements of equality will be breached.
Posted by m3wa, Monday, 12 December 2005 11:12:11 PM
Robert

ive had to post my answer up on a fresh link http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=3938
as i can't open these overly full threads very easily on my old puter.
Posted by meredith, Tuesday, 13 December 2005 12:35:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 29
  7. 30
  8. 31
  9. Page 32
  10. 33
  11. 34
  12. 35