The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. All
RObert and FH

What a great quote. What an insightful man. Must keep that for my nieces.

It's good that some of us do not have to attack each other on OLO. Bit sad really when you think about it.

Many of the "oldies" here have spent heaps of time and posts on OLO over the last week condemning (albiet awful and disgusting behaviours of both groups) white Aussie and Middle Eastern young people - yet the "oldies" on OLO can be so verbally aggressive in this forum at times. Sadly hilarious. The concrete thinking cracks me up.

I wish that Christian posters and Muslim posters would stop quoting stuff. We can all read our own Bibles or Q'rans. Why do people feel the need to endlessly quote and provide links?

There is not a poster on OLO who will convert me to anything - except more exercise!

Cheers
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Thursday, 15 December 2005 9:54:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kay, thanks. I'll plead guily to getting verbally aggressive / defensive here at times. This kind of online discussion is a learning thing for all of us I think, it needs new conventions (or variations on the old ones) and an open community such as this one will mean some very fluid exchanges. People who generally see themselves as allies find themselves on different sides of other discussions. When I feel the need to apply a political label to myself it would normally be "right wing" but in the debates about racial and social cooperation I find that many of the other "right wing" posters are coming from a totally different world view to mine. Interesting and somewhat frightening to see how extreme the views of some are.

Likewise guilty of posting quotes and links at times. I agree with where I think you are coming from, I guess it's another issue where the nature of what is posted reflects on the credibility of the poster. Sometimes it is a way of drawing on resources which show knowledge or insight we wish we has had (the Fulghum quote) at other times a simple means to counter false claims (links to sites listing muslim inventions in response to claims about muslim contributions).

Some of these discussions have been real eye openers for me, they have forced me to think about what I believe and what my responsibilities are. They help me to see the other side of some of these issues (for better or worse).

Thanks for your openness in your posts, sometimes you really wear your heart on your sleeve. Best wishes to you and your husband over the christmas break (are you near last nights fires?) and a great new year to you.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Friday, 16 December 2005 10:00:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_human

3876 tells me which thread to post this comment.

1.It has always been my understanding that Mohammed's Law or Religion, was BASED ON the Law of Moses or the first five books of the Hebrew scriptures, but BASED ON isn't good enough. BASED ON means doctrines of men (creations of men). Had Mohammed taken the Mosaic Law as given, and kept it, preached it, taught it, his religion would be no different to that of the woman mentioned in Revelation 12:1, the beneficiary of the covenants, “A woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and a garland of 12 stars on her head. Mohammed's religion is as invalid as any of the hundreds and thousands of BASED ON Christ, religions and sects. Mohammed says, “The USA is the Great Satan”. Jesus Christ, through the Prophet Daniel and John the Revelator says, “The Papacy is the Great Satan”.
2.Crap. If Mohammed had not used the names of Moses and Christ he would have had no credibility at all.
3.Nothing that I have said or that Jesus Christ has said comes from the sources or the time periods you suggest. The Trinity is a doctrine of men and as such is of no interest to me. The teaching of Jesus Christ and his apostles (excluding the gate crasher, Paul) is that in the beginning the one true God, with His Father's permission and authority, created the heavens and the earth, gave Noah his flood. The same one true God entered into the covenants with Abraham and Moses, before becoming the Messiah in fulfillment of those covenants. Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, the daily sacrifice, without which the Mosaic Law is incomplete. There is no entry into the Kingdom of God except through the Lamb of God and the related sanctuary services.

I don't understand your confusion with the first commandment which is very clear. It does not support your perceptions of one Fatherless God.

Your mental mechanics and rationale are those of an atheist.

From Hebrew, Gen 1:1, “...... the GODS created ....... the earth”.
Posted by GoldBrick, Friday, 16 December 2005 1:54:32 PM
RObert

Thanks for another great post mate. Yes, I too have learned heaps from other posters on OLO - even if I do not agree with them. I often make mistakes and change my mind, but for me, that's what learning is all about.

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, we are not far from the fires. Alan had to drive past on his way to and from work. He said it is a devastating sight. There were around 14 fire trucks, some even from Brisbane. Alan said some of the fires are still burning, despite the heroic efforts of our wonderful firies.

Sad to think that arsonists have given this to hundreds of employees at Christmas. Worse still, these people are now unemployed just over a week before Christmas.

Cheers RObert
Kay
Posted by kalweb, Friday, 16 December 2005 6:01:20 PM
GoldBrick,

“Your mental mechanics and rationale are those of an atheist”

Grateful for your ‘on the fly’ analysis of my mental capacity. I hope you aren’t charging for it! :-)

Btw, you still did not answer point no 2: the Quran story of Jesus was different to what Christians at the time believed hence the reason why Islam was fought by pagan arabs, Jews and Christians. There was no followers of Islam for the first 13 years. How exactly did Mohamed PBUH benefit from mentioning Jesus story in this fashion? Who exactly would have found it credible?
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 18 December 2005 7:06:14 PM
Christian don't like to talk how Christianity reinvents it's self every few centuries and give the story a bit of a tweak. Next version has JC driving a merc and wearing a woolen business suit and designer sun glasses.
Posted by Kenny, Monday, 19 December 2005 8:28:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 32
  7. 33
  8. 34
  9. Page 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. All