The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. All
I am not suprised John Stone aspires to found a society in the memory of a murderous torturing rascsit bitch such as was Queen Isabella.
He probaly has a little grotto at the end of his garden now where he lights candles for the repose of her soul.
Posted by sneekeepete, Friday, 25 November 2005 9:28:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Stone chooses as his figurehead Queen Isabella, who, with her equally creepy, cruel husband, King Ferdinand, created the Spanish Inquisition, drove the Jews out of Spain, and so on. I am 52, Sydney born and bred, and someone who has lived and worked with Australian Muslims for years; I suggest that the miserable opinions of has-beens like Mr Stone not be countenanced in a forum such as this any more than a rant against Jewish Aussies would be. You are an appalling man, Mr Stone, and you don't know what you are talking about. One can only wonder how many Muslim Australians your racist views have sadly prevented you from getting to know. You have missed out on so much, but my pity for you does not extend to acceptance of your right to promote bigotry and further division in the Australia I love.
Posted by Almanac, Friday, 25 November 2005 9:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is refreshing to see a respected and accomplished man such as John Stone having the courage to say what the majority of Australians are thinking.
Is it racist? If it protects our country from the inevitable, look to France, England, Belguim, Denmark, Norway and Sweden, then who cares?
I have worked in the Middle East over a number of years and have forged fine friendships amongst many people. Their culture of hospitality is second to none and their adherence to their faith is admirable.
Do I believe that means they should be allowed to immigrate to my country? Not at all, they are totally incompatible with any western society. My observation is that without strong, and sometimes extremely ruthless leadership (by their own kind), the people revert to a chaos which they will only settle by violence which as always begets more violence.
There is no great brotherhood of man, never has and never will be, so get with reality and do something to protect our society.
No, I dont agree with the US in Iraq for one simple reason. Democracy will not work in their tribal societies, maybe in five hundred years but not now.
If you have questions, go ask a Middle Eastern family why did they come here? What were they hoping to escape? And ask, why they have in their midst people who want to recreate that society here.
There are good people in all races, no problem with that. But when that minority has people amongst it who want to kill me, in my own country!, then sorry, you have to lump them altogether. It is simple self preservation of our magnificent way of life.
Posted by Gbkk, Friday, 25 November 2005 10:13:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hurrah for John Stone. A man of great wisdom who should be listened to. All the name calling he receives on "On Line Opinion" indicates that he is right. More power to his pen!
Posted by Leigh, Friday, 25 November 2005 10:26:28 AM
I agree in principle with J. Stone but not his proposed impractical solution. Most migrants are in our countries (the west) mostly because of persecution and lack of freedom in their mother land. A bit of compassion goes a long way.

Having said that however, the problem of islamic integration is a complex one. What we have here is supreme incompatibility that is inherent (even genetic).

Those poor souls have no say no rights no choice within the confines of their religious system. If you are born to a muslim father you are automatically a muslim. (So what? you would say). Well unlike any other religion, islam is a politico-social system (Umma) that encompasses the whole globe; it does not recognise state boundaries and laws. Anything not Islamic - they are told - is therefore unacceptable and must be destroyed or Reverted to islam.

So it is not a simple matter of separating the sheep from the goats but the sheep from the wolves.
Posted by coach, Friday, 25 November 2005 10:45:19 AM
From Irfan's truly sublime "Bridging the cultural gap in a swimsuit." to the abysmally ridiculous diatribe from the ever predictable John Stone.

Sneekie & Almanac - grateful for the perspective on old Queen Isabella.

Perhaps what Stone is suggesting is that the new Terrorism laws aren't draconian enough and we should introduce the "Australian Inquisition". Sort of dovetails nicely with the "Pacific Solution" doesn't it?

Suspects will be tested on their ability to sing the national anthem while frying pork sausages on the BBQ, standing on one leg with their hands tied behind their back. Easey peasey.

Wonder why I have trouble taking John Stone seriously?

Must go back and reread Irfan's article - need sanity fix.
Posted by Scout, Friday, 25 November 2005 10:49:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy