The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. All
I'm surprised to see an article about Islam and threats to European civilisation appearing on this blog.

Where have I heard it all before.

Quotes by "God botherers" about the Koran and bad, bad Islam to follow and follow and follow.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 25 November 2005 1:06:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wrong DB as is your norm the fact that the Moors in the west and Byzantium empire in the east’s were the main forces keeping civilization going in Europe is well documented despite what a few (Christian fundaments) revisionist make whish to believe of the dark ages.
The fact that the Arabs gave the world the concept of zero is also well documented.
Now I know you don’t like the idea of reality based argument it is in fact one of the tools that has advanced the western world. Main stream Christianity has been dragged kicking and scratching with it. It was a move to a materialistic view of the world that quickened Europes pace compared to the East more spiritual based one.
There is no latant superiority in Europeans no matter what you, John or Hitler may believe. Again the evidence to support this view is well documented go have a read DB there is more to the world then you hate filled little book. the Western world is not a monoculture why shouls Australia been one. As for traditional Aussie values well they change with the times as I do DB.
Posted by Kenny, Friday, 25 November 2005 1:16:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*laughing* Culturally offensive music? Because none of the stuff that comes out of western culture is offensive at all! Surely you've got to find a better example than loud music to dislike a group of people!
Posted by Laurie, Friday, 25 November 2005 1:17:26 PM
John Stone, like most ignorant racists, has chosen to highlight a religion as the main contributing factor to the riots in France. He has completely ignored the fact that (most) of the people rioting in France were unemployed, poor, African immigrants. The fact that they were (mostly) Muslim is merely coincidental to their origin. Only a fool would imply it as a reason for their violence.

Similarly, Opinioners who have intimated a problem with Muslims integrating with western society as an insurmountable problem have resolved only to acknowledge a minority of the religion. One can’t help but wonder why, if it were true that there are SO many Muslim fundamentalists, the western world as we know it has not been overrun already. There are, after all, several billion Muslims, many of whom have already successfully integrated into our society.
Posted by Jude, Friday, 25 November 2005 1:35:35 PM
Jude,
I find it very difficult to follow your argument but could you at least get your facts right (after all you do consider evolution as factual don't you?)

Example: 1)not all muslims ...but north African immigrants??

2)several billions of muslims? c'mon...!

3)"many of whom have already successfully integrated into our society"

how many? are they true muslims?

"One can’t help but wonder why, if it were true that there are SO many Muslim fundamentalists, the western world as we know it has not been overrun already."

Well I wouldn't hold my breath for too long dude
Posted by coach, Friday, 25 November 2005 2:12:23 PM
Is there a single Islamic state or country on the earth that is peaceful, law abiding,not ruled by a despotic family or religious leader?
Posted by mickijo, Friday, 25 November 2005 2:38:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35
  10. 36
  11. 37
  12. All