The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. 37
  13. All
Fellow_human 3876

re your corrections 6 Dec.

The Curan (Mohammed) patronises Jesus the Christ. Mohammed was a name dropper, using Jesus' name to Mohammed's advantage.

Without using too many words, it is not possible for Jesus and Mohammed to be on the same side. If Mohammed is not a liar and a fraud then Jesus the Christ is and vise versa.

When the men of Israel were accusing Jesus, the only charge they could make stick was blasphemy (Assumed), and that was when Jesus answered them saying, “Before Abraham was, I AM”. For that saying, Jesus the Christ was crucified. What Jesus meant by what He said was, “I was the God who spoke to Abraham, I am the Prince of Princes, I am about to become the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.”

There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved, Jesus Christ, the lamb of God, the Daily Sacrifice. The process of salvation involves knowing, not believing. The process of salvation is given in the Hebrew scriptures, such that the men of Israel, at the time of Christ were without excuse. The same can be said today, all are without excuse.

For those entering in there is only one way, doing the will of our father in heaven, which includes utilizing the daily sacrifice, repentance and the acceptance of our repentance by the Lamb of God.

A personal relationship is required with the Lamb of God such that He is able to say, “I know you, because your repentance has been accepted, stand on My right and prepare to be made perfect, in accordance with the prophesy of Jeremiah, before entry into the Kingdom of God”.

It is most likely that our sins existed before we were born. Our sins of this world are nothing more than a reflection of our current sinful status.
Posted by GoldBrick, Wednesday, 14 December 2005 2:18:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GoldBrick

Few issues with your comment:

1. The Quran claims to be a confirmation of the Torah and the Bible. Mohamed PBUH never claimed Islam or Muslims anything more than followers of Mosaic laws, Moses and Jesus. According to historians (Sale, Muir) Mohamed was know to never told a lie or worshipped an idol. Why would a person ‘come up’ with a story at the age of 40 that made him lose everything is beyond my logic. In fact, not only the story of Jesus in the Quran have more miracles than all gospels, it also clear the Jewish people of his blood which according to what they tell you on Sundays “Mohamed hated the Jews” makes another contradiction.
2. There is no advantage Mohamed (PBUH) in the Quran (whether referring to Jesus (PBUH) or any other prophet.
3. You said: “what Jesus meant by what He said was, etc…” .This interpretation came only at the Nicea creed 325AD. In fact, the Trinity was only completed in 386AD because it wasyou didn’t know what to do with the Holy Spirit until then. Early because early Christians did not believe in the divinity of Jesus. Moses parted the sea, Abraham brought dead birds back to life and Ezrah (the Jewish prophet) came back to life after 100 years of death. None of followers of these prophets , nob.

The issue with the first commandment is that it is a crystal clear “God is One”. While Judaism and Islam have a clear stand the Christian faith is sitting on the fence on this commandment.

BTW, what is 3876?
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 14 December 2005 4:41:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human, you have given me some laughs today. Wisely suggesting I'm wasting my efforts continuing a discussion with merideth then getting into theology debate with coach and goldbrick. There is some irony in that.

I doubt anything I say to merideth will change her mind, likewise with a lot of other posters on the site. I do suspect that for every discussion which goes on here there are plenty who do read those discussions who are willing to consider what is said and how that fits in with the way they see the world. I have some hope that some of my perspectives on these issues might help some willing to consider the issue to see a more balanced picture than they will get from those who see the issues in black and white. They possibly more so than merideth are the reason for some of these posts.

I had noticed the merideth who does not like your views, I think she is the same one who is very upset with me for not thinking that you are telling lies. She may also be the friend who is sending you links that seem to support what you are saying, some people are like that :). As human beings we have an amazing capacity for living with contradictions in our lives, almost impossible to have any balance if we don't. Sometimes those contradictions are the most amazing part.

An author named Robert Fulghum said the following

The line between good and evil, hope and dispair, does not divide the world between "us" and "them." It runs down the middle of every one of us. I do not want to talk about what you understand about this world. I want to know what you will do about it. I do not want to know what you hope. I want to know what you will work for. I do not want your sympathy for the needs of humanity. I want your muscle.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 14 December 2005 5:47:54 PM
Hi Robert,

Thanks for that it is in fact ironic. This is a lesson for me (I also copied Robert Fulghum quote).

In all my contributions, I tried to ensure that I only comment when a mis-understanding or a mis-representation occurs. My response to mis-representation is usually in the form of a logical argument.

It was interesting for me to see how posters and members of OLO are so polarised: most posters who are happy to interact and exchange views and opinions, while a minority charged with self inflicted prejudice and phobia keep resorting to ‘copy&paste’ or personal attacks.

I don’t mind it either way I enjoy a good discussion.

Glad I made you laugh :-)
Posted by Fellow_Human, Thursday, 15 December 2005 1:01:26 PM
Fellow_Human, I'm glad you enjoyed the quote. I'm not sure if it's his or taken from somewhere else but good to remember.

Wish there was a way to get some of the fundie's to read (and understand) some of Fulghum's stuff. He is a former christian minister with some great things to say. An ability to look at the irony in life, the joys, the pain and the doubts and come out feeling good about it. If you get a chance to read any of his stuff I'd be interested in knowing how the cultural stuff crosses over - how much of it is based on cultural context and how much is common to all of us? I'm confident that the background ideas are common but suspect that the cultural vehicles may be harder to follow. Any authors from your cultural background (published in english) who write similar stuff that you know of?

Keep the laughs coming and take heart that amongst all the aggression there are plenty of us here who celebrate the opportunity to learn from other cultures, who can look past the difficulties when new people come together and rejoice in the opportunity to get to know people who have had such different lives.

If we don't cross paths before Christmas have a great one (but don't annoy the neighbours with that Harley if it is under the tree).

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 15 December 2005 7:31:54 PM
Fellow Human,

When refering to Allah could you please don't call him God.

And when you want to talk about Jesus could you call Him Issa.

And the Holy Spirit could you tell our audience that he is none but the angle gabriel.

We don't want to create more confusion than necessary. After all:

"They do blaspheme who say Allah is one of three in a Trinity, for there is no god except One Alah". Surah 5:73
Posted by coach, Thursday, 15 December 2005 9:40:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. 37