The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26
  13. ...
  14. 35
  15. 36
  16. 37
  17. All
Cant help myself-
Try taking the christian Bible literally one day. Even the most fundamental of fundamentalists can't get close - they'd be arrested immediately for anti-human activity.
The fact is that most religious practicioners, whatever the strain, look to their relevent 'manual' for guidance. Most are intelligent enough to filter out the bits that are simply not applicable to this time & place. In relation to this debate- to analyse the Koran as a literal guide to life is no more relevent than doing the same with the Bible
Context, please...
Posted by Swilkie, Monday, 5 December 2005 5:43:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dawood part3

When we consider Biblical Israel there is a family tree starting Jacob, and with a descendant of David always on the throne. Some say that the Queen of England is a descendant of David and her throne is the throne of David. The Papacy had the power to set up and destroy kings in Europe. The successful and obedient developed Royal Family lines. A few still exist.

The Caesars were a royal line that ruled Rome. When the Bishop of Rome rose to the seat of Caesar and seized the Septor, what happened to the Caesars? Did they remain as a covert power within the church? Mohammed also started a royal family line. Islam is a fake religion, It's use of the Israelite God without the Israelite Law is blasphemous.

John Stone,

The following is derived from some history, spurious propaganda, and intellectually honest opinion.

I have heard it said that the first world war was a stupendous family brawl, that is all the heads of state of all the states involved were blood relatives. This poses a problem for me. What the hell was Australia doing fighting in Turkey, the remains of the Ottoman Empire? Could it be that the Queen, as well as being of the house of David is also of the house of Mohammed i.e., Asoma Bin Lardon's cousin. That would be two out of four. As a subset of the Papacy prier to the reformation, three out of four. For four out of four, is it possible that the Queen of England is also of the house of Caesar? Of course it is possible. What is all this Islamic insanity about then? Could it not merely be a red herring to divert our attention from the obvious? Is Islam being set up so it can be conquered? Will Prince Charles become the first King of the New World Order, Having blood links to every conceivable interest?

What is your opinion on this, John, and what is the obvious that we are being distracted from?
Posted by GoldBrick, Monday, 5 December 2005 10:28:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well said Benjamin

Go to http://madhabirfy.blogspot.com

And scroll down you'll see the post....
"Rumi was no suicide bomber"

Go further, you'll see....

Actually, my greatest hero (after the Prophet Muhammad) was also a lawyer.

Don't know which is worse, having a murderous paedophile or a laywer for a hero! :)

Irf, it's not the colour of your skin but your ideology.
Posted by CARNIFEX, Tuesday, 6 December 2005 5:56:18 AM
GoldBrick,

Few corrections on your posting re islam, if I may:

- Islam never claimed that Jesus failed on the contrary, in more than a part of the Quran (3, 4) God promises Jesus a large followers (Boaz can confirm this one).
- I assumed the prophecies you are talking about with Dawood is the anti-christ? Both Jesus & Mohamed warned from anti-Christ with the same definition:
o He will have super natural powers (Mohamed PBUH didn’t).
o The biblical prophecy was to Jews who rejected Jesus, but they also rejected Mohamed and Islam.
- In Bibilcal teachings: God/ religion is exclusive to the Israelites. According to Islam, God’s teachings and prophethood was in Abraham children (ie Ishmaelite prophets and Israelites) The Quran also claims many non-abraham prophets teaching unity throughout history.

Benjamin,

I don’t think anyone I know in the Muslim community hold any value for Sheikh Fayez comment or respect to his teachings. I attended couple of times Sheikh Hilali last Ramadan and nothing he said was in the lines of your accusations.

It sounds you are mixing up two terms : ‘support for terrorism’ and ‘denial’:

My understanding from the news that Sheikh Omran denies Muslims involvement in any terrorism. Sadly a number of religious imams hold the conspiracy theory view because they have an ideal picture of what a Muslim can and cannot do. Muslims like anybody else are humans and can commit crimes and become terrorists.

In the real ugly world out there I have seen people blowing up tourist buses, schools and policemen in Egypt and claiming it to be in the name of my religion.
Few Imams woke up but many more are still in denial and they need to wake up to action really fast.

Protest does not solve ideology problems but open debates does.
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 6 December 2005 8:07:44 AM
tennyson's_1_far-off_divine_event,

"You may be born into a 'religion' and 'religious system', and 'body of ideas' but that can be accepted, rejected, criticised, critiqued or tolerated."

These are all human traits... we were created in God's own image, with a free will to question our beliefs [Unless you are a muslim of course.]

However I don't believe that anyone can be born a christian. Jesus was very explicit when he said "you must be born again..."

Swilkie,

The proof is in the 'pudding'... you can judge a tree by its fruit.
Psalm 34:8 says

"Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."

Benjamin,
I agree - it is impossible for us to reason with muslims; this is a spirutual fight not intellectual. Islam is not just a different religion but it is so unrelated to the Judaeo-Christian concept of God; that unless they (muslims) start questioning their nomadic ritualistic fear driven beliefs and ask for God's wisdom they will continue to “follow" the wrong god and die without ever knowing God.

As a christian I call on all my brothers and sisters to pray for these lost souls that they may see the light before it's too late.
Posted by coach, Tuesday, 6 December 2005 9:24:38 AM
Ladies and gentleman of the Judeo-Christian branch of al-Qaida. There are 1.2 billion Muslims in the world. If they were all so hell-bent on you, they would have done so already. If you allow yourself to be deluded by the notion that people whose blood, bones and faeces are the same colour as yours are all part of a huge conspiracy to kill you, be my guest. But understand that I and 1.2 billion other people have no interest in killing you. Yes, we may wish to have some of you compulsorily admitted to institutions (which is understandable given some of the posts here). But kill you, no.
Posted by Irfan, Tuesday, 6 December 2005 10:56:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. 25
  12. 26