The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Some will not integrate > Comments

Some will not integrate : Comments

By John Stone, published 25/11/2005

John Stone argues the Federal Government is not facing the reality of an exclusive Islamic culture.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29
  13. ...
  14. 35
  15. 36
  16. 37
  17. All
Irfan, you're yelling racist again.

On your blog you wrote......

http://madhabirfy.blogspot.com/2005_11_15_madhabirfy_archive.html

Basically you praise the Turks for being more with it than Lebanese or Arabs.

After breaking bread with Turks in Germany and Oz and with Lebs over here I believe what you wrote. I think the Turks are much more with it. I think that you've come to these conclusions from personal experience and though anecdotal I think you're right.

However when others speak of their experiences that portray mossies in negative light then it's racism.

If John Howard or Piers Akerman said the what you wrote it'd be racism.
Posted by CARNIFEX, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 1:53:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CARNIFEX, it seems you did not understand what I actually wrote in my blog. I wrote it in fairly simple English. If you like, I can provide you with some contacts for ESL classes.
Posted by Irfan, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 2:17:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fellow_Human,

Thank you for taking the time and attempting to answer my 5 points. At least you didn’t run for cover like others did. I admire that.

What I really wanted to read was what You think and not some standard answers from a ‘how to answer infidels and unbelievers’ manual. Maybe you should now look for an ‘above average’ Muslim logical position.

You didn’t give me anything to chew on. So I won’t waste my time and the other readers with details. I’d rather invite them to be the judges.
My five questions still stand. You have confirmed to me ounce again that there is nothing to debate.

The reality is that islam is a different religion to the Judaeo-Christian faith from beginning to end. You admit it yourself…I quote from your own words: “The only inconsistency enforced by Catholicism is about the divinity of Jesus and the original sin”. (I take it Catholicism to you means also Christianity).

I rest my case.
Posted by coach, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 2:56:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Coach,

I am aware of the standard answers on the internet and its quiet shameful for me that some Muslims use these tactics in dialogue or debate. But I can confirm to you that they are ‘well funded minority’ as Irfan pointed out and if it is any consolation, they use the same tactics with me and other Muslims as well.

We do not see our faith that different from Judaism or Christianity since Islam enforces belief in the Torah and the Bible. We share the commandments with the Jewish faith and share belief in Jesus and Virgin Mary (PBUT) with the Christian faith..

Goodness of the heart is not related to which religion people practice (or non religion for that matter).

Carnifex,

You chose to judge all Muslims based on a bunch of bad examples you met in certain groups of people and cultures (they kept these bad practices in their own countries as well).

When I came to Australia all I could read on the news was crime by vietnamese gangs and the Cabramatta stories. I had to make a choice and 9 years later some of my most trusted friends and hardest working people on my team are vietnamese.

Prejudism, fear and hate are choices. You will always find what confirms them.

Peace and all the best,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 4:10:57 PM
Fellow-Human, I wish you all the best of summer time and the ensuing New Year.

I am also aware of the rhetoric proffered by some Muslims and agree they are in the minority. They remind of the practised answers given by J.W.'s and Scientologists when they come a' knockin' on my door.

I will, in my own atheist way, be praying for greater tolerance, understanding, compassion, empathy and the ability to have a good laugh with each other.

Give your pets a pat from me.

:o)
Posted by Scout, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 4:21:50 PM
Coach the bible clearly states that true believers can not be killed be snakes venom. Some US churches even use snakes in their Sunday worship anybody who gets bitten and gets sick is thrown out because they must not true believers. Do you handle snakes? The point of this story is that Islam is just like every other faith people make of it what they will. There are many hard-line Christian groups that have more in common with hard-line Muslim or Jewish groups then main stream Christians or Muslims for that matter the 30,000 different Christian Sect demonstrate that Christianity is not as cut and dry as you believe and nor is Islam. But the real point is you should take each person on their merits not judge them on where they come from, what colour they are or who the pray to.
Posted by Kenny, Wednesday, 7 December 2005 4:29:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29