The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Afghanistan now.

Afghanistan now.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Many seem to not remember why the US went into Afghanistan.
The attack on the World Trade centre was planned in that country and
the Al Quaidi trained there for other terrorist actions.
Isis also had a protected place there.

This is the way it should be done.
The lesson from this is If you attack me/us like this we will come and
destroy your cities and economy, then leave and leave you to clean up
your own mess and make it as hard as possible for you to recover.
Got it ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 8:33:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My nephew who spent two periods in Afganistan can tell you that the Muslims saw them as infidels even though he is a devout Christian. If you are a devout Muslim all other people are infidels, so it is the religion that unites them to the Taliban. If you are not devout or a woman you will want to get out of Afganistan.

America offered these a repreve from religious repression for a period.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 9:06:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Josephus,

Don't devout Christians see devout members of other religions as infidels? Haven't they burned at the stake, crushed with stones, locked in iron maidens, subjected to torture and dealt with heretics, Jews, Christians of other sects and others who differ in various unpleasant ways? Christianity has a long history of religious repression. The intolerance of Christianity has been tamed by the secular state which doesn't concern itself with what people believe or don't believe.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 9:22:31 PM
david f, you are ignorant of how those who follow the example of Jesus Messiah behave. A devout follower of Christ sees everyone as a potential saint, What you purpose is ignorant of the teaching of Christ, many who follow the State Religion of Rome might behave with such burnings etc. Did the USA Australia and Britian and those that served in Afganistan use such methods because they were Muslim? No! It just happens you are an idiot to suggest such nonsense.

It was myb suggestion Afganistan fell because to them the infidels had left and it meant only the devout Muslims on both sides remained.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 9:41:32 PM
Yes David F, those things were done, but what is suggested is that
after 1400 years nothing has changed in Islam. There is no intention
of changing and it is blasphemous to even suggest a change and some
will impose the death penalty just for the suggestion.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 9:50:04 PM
Dear Josephus,

I wish I were ignorant of the way followers of Jesus behave. Their intolerance and evil is written in blood. The intolerance was expressed by Jesus.

In Matthew 12:30, Jesus says explicitly: “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” That is: Jesus says, “You cannot be neutral with regard to me.

I don't wish to be an enemy of Jesus or Christians. However, I don't want to follow him. According to the intolerant Jesus that makes me an enemy. Christians talk of peace and make war.

Dear Bazz,

The Taliban does not represent all Muslims. After 1400 years of Christianity the Christian Inquisition was followed by the Wars of the Reformation. However, that didn't represent all of Christianity any more than the Taliban represents all Muslims. Even though Christianity has done good things, in my reading of history it has done more harm.

However, Christian intolerance was in full flower when the Christian nation of Germany murdered 6,000,000 Jews inspired by the words of a founder of a Christian denomination, Martin Luther.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_and_antisemitism

Hitler, although he had some doubts, was a true Christian. The Nazis saw to it that Germans were aware of the words of Martin Luther.

Hopefully, people of good will will reject both Christianity and Islam and will be guided by reason and compassion.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 10:52:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11