The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Afghanistan now.

Afghanistan now.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Paul,
When did they put windows in the floors of US transport planes?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 22 August 2021 8:51:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They didn't Issy, it replaces the in flight movie, Americans can enjoy it whilst chomping on their pre-prepared bagel. Several Afghans have refused to get on board because first class was full, and they refuse to ride in Economy!
What I seen of the inside of the plane, it looked like a typical 'Jetstar' flight. Unfortunately a lot of Afghans have been left sitting in the stand-by lounge chatting to the Taliban, not a good thing.

I hope when the Allies retreated from Korea it was more orderly than Vietnam or Afghanistan, and you didn't have to sit on the wings of a plane or hang from the fuselage.

I see this and I know why I am a pacifist.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 23 August 2021 7:30:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The British were in Afghanistan and suffered the ‘disaster of Afghanistan’

First Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia

“The First Anglo-Afghan War, also known by the British as the Disaster in Afghanistan was fought between the British Empire and the Emirate of Afghanistan from 1839 to 1842.”

The Soviets were in Afghanistan and had to get out.

soviet afghanistan war end

Afghanistan became the Soviet Union’s Vietnam: an expensive, embarrassing war with little hope of victory, where they were beaten by local guerrilla forces. It dragged on until 1988 when the Soviet leader, who by then was Mikhail Gorbachev, signed a deal to end the war and the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan in February 1989.

The Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, 1979 - The Col…
bbc.co.uk

The US outstupided the British and the Soviets
Posted by david f, Monday, 23 August 2021 10:01:23 AM
Paul,
You can’t really be as dumb as you try to make out, you can’t fool me, I know that you are aware that the Allies didn’t retreat in confusion from Korea , they are still there.

There are 28,500 US Service personnel in that country and enjoying their stay.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 23 August 2021 2:47:35 PM
Whatever way you look at it, Afghanistan is a monumental stuff-up; we’re lucky that our intelligence services gave us one day’s warning.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 23 August 2021 6:00:42 PM
Good question Is Mise.

Didn't Democrat Congressman Charlie Wilson want to spend more money on education in Afghanistan after kicking the Russians out?

It took hundreds of years for Britain to reach the contemporary era- Afghanistan is between China and Europe and India and the Mid East very contentious part of the world and coupled with world stability. It might be the proverbial canary.
Posted by Canem Malum, Tuesday, 24 August 2021 3:45:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All