The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ending Offshore Detention

Ending Offshore Detention

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. 16
  14. All
Yes, indeed Belly I believe you are quite correct. More water will be a ket part of the solution.

(and I trust you're not wasting your excess waste fluids but rather are piping it profusely out upon your growing veges for the purposes of nitrogen enrichment with a cuppa at sparrows' fart ;-) )

and that is why I expect there are already well-established plans to use nuclear power in tandem perhaps with massive desalination plants and extensive piping networks.

So, as the sea level rises we will just need to purify, pump and pipe water wherever we want it to go.

Of course, if there is a green energy solution that can be implemented instead of nuclear then all the better, but we are talking about some seriously huge power requirements.

and why isn't anyone talking about it? I think they are behind closed doors but as it is a very sensitive and potentially volatile political issue the decision-makers will probably just wait till the electorate has been sweated, burned and smoked out and otherwise environmentally stressed to the extent that they are more receptive to radical power plans.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Friday, 13 December 2019 3:34:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But you see *Individual* if aust or any other state for that matter, takes the initiative and really goes all out to reduce emissions and more than that, establish greater areas designed to pull more and more CO2 out of the atmosphere, such that we are absorbing more than emitting, then whilst in and of itself it is only a drop in the ocean, what it does do is significantly increase the likelihood that others will follow suit.

for example, aust did not go to Indonesia and say look, you all smoke too much and you need to act to reduce consumption of carcinogens. No, Aust did, largely of its own initiative develope plain packaging, graphic pictorial warnings, etc etc .. and then sometime later, the Indonesians, amongst others, considering perhaps that there was merit in this came out with their own version of plain packaging and graphical warnings.

All of the nation-states are always levering for economic advantage or at least trying to avoid a disadvantage which in part explains the reticence for anyone to take the first steps alone.
Posted by rEPRUSu, Friday, 13 December 2019 3:52:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well agree with most of that, warning you will be targeted for your view on global warming, a thread exists with over 500 posts need to click last quarter in logging on to view posts
My water is not on vegys, never will be, but mowed the lawn today, forced to put it on some of the now dead lawn
Trees [natives] suffering massive leaf drop, need rain, told they got a little only 25 ks away.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 13 December 2019 4:05:55 PM
" ... Well agree with most of that, warning you will be targeted for your view on global warming ... "

Well, a lot of them are just fearful of losing their livelihoods Belly. As every day passes, more and more climate skeptics are thinking hmmm .. and more and more are becoming climate realists. Resistance is futile.

Ideally, we just need to create new industry and jobs to migrate a lot of people off welfare and polluting industries before we pull the rug out from underneath coal etc

that's all .. a lot of the deniers are just barracking for their team, albeit in part irrationally and illogically. But what is not irrational is that many people's livelihoods depend on things as they are, and they wont budge until there is a decent viable alternative available.

that's understandable ..

a lot of the usual offenders don't mind me so much becoz I am neither green, nor red nor blue .. but multicoloured ;-)
Posted by rEPRUSu, Friday, 13 December 2019 5:39:41 PM
Find myself in total agreement
I started that long thread mentioned, but a new one will see me there, you would not yet know but I too have in that thread pointed out time is on our side and truth is more and more are dropping the denying it side
This thread? well truth matters I remain angry at both Greens and conservatives for not letting the solution go ahead
Too voters who [in their hatred of Gillard] saw it a only another way to bring in more refugees
Now free to be me[once promoted Shorten, a man I knew] Gillard and Shorten knifed Rudd and never going to forget or forgive that
This solution will work
Endlessly keeping at great cost offshore detention is wasting cash we should spend in other places
Then? the world soon, will confront this truth * the refugees flows will never end only increase*
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 14 December 2019 5:10:37 AM
I am neither green, nor red nor blue .. but multicoloured ;-)
rEPRUSu,
Which common revenue creating group would you say you're part of ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 15 December 2019 5:50:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15