The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Ending Offshore Detention

Ending Offshore Detention

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Not going to try telling you what industry standard rates are you just do not care about the truth
This thread upset many, even me at times.
I never claimed offshore detention was and is not cruel.
It came about after [hurts but true] Kevin Rudd got it wrong, in the name of kindness.
Now? too late to stop voters rejected boats and will reject any government that does not stop them
Boris said during the campaign he values our system, One EU country just threatened boat crew rescuing boat arrivals, with 26 years in prison!
Nothing love loathing, even common sense will stop the mounting stop the boats view voters have, increasingly in all parts of the world
No party not committed to that can win, ever, an election.
So as we seem to have run our race watch and see as this method, until something better comes along, become the normal worldwide
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 December 2019 5:59:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kindness will exacerbate the dreadful refugee business, logic will curb it, greed will ensure its propagation !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 19 December 2019 9:24:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you see this day baggage handlers are asking for one dollar an hour rise?.
Or that they get 22 dollars now but only 20 hours a week work?
And too that they are the lowest paid on that airline's workforce?
Offshore detention, and its costs, will continue until we involve other countries, and leave room for them to benefit too
It will be in other countries by mid next year and more by years end
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 December 2019 11:25:14 AM
Belly,
I stand by my argument that we really don't have low income earners, we have way too many overpaid non-revenue making bureaucrats. Were they to have their insane salaries cut by 15-20 % there suddenly wouldn't be low income earners ! That'd stimulate the economy to no end as the costs of living become affordable !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 19 December 2019 5:06:10 PM
Sorry old mate you damn your self with every word you, I suspect like me, am a pensioner
We live a smaller life [in my case the super is long gone]
We do not,[again in my case] pay rent and battle just to live, these part-time low paid people do.
They need more than a 20-hour working week, more than the lowest wages on that airline's wages bill.
Nothing I could say would change your view, jealousy? are you a bit green-eyed? I would give up retirement in a flash, work for half the wage.
But my path is set, waiting for the end and that is that
Posted by Belly, Friday, 20 December 2019 6:16:59 AM
these part-time low paid people do.
Belly,
With my system these people would be history due to the higher living standard afforded to them.
The Unions of the past ensured we have low (non union) paid people & excessively (union members) paid !
It's due to the latter that our manufacturing industry has collapsed !
Posted by individual, Friday, 20 December 2019 10:02:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy