The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is an 'appropriate response' PM?

What is an 'appropriate response' PM?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
What are we talking about arming Police, it has nothing to do with the problem. Shooting murderers after events of murder has happened is not the answer. We need to eradicate the ideas and motivation of those intending to murder innocent persons. We are able to curtail association of persons intending harm to our society. Let us enforce laws that identify those that intend us harm.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 25 March 2017 9:04:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
banjo: As for LNP Pyne saying ONE nation wants to deport Australians. That is an utter lie and he should retract it.

It's an idea that I would support if they are moslim. It seems that 2nd. 3rd. & 4th generation moslims are the main problem & are being pushed by the Imams. If they want to leave for Syria I would help them go & never to return along with their families.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 25 March 2017 9:13:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, based on your theory, we shouldn't discuss neglect, abuse and violence in remote aboriginal communities because that will push all aboriginal people into dysfunctional behaviour.
Nor should we publicise or discuss violence and criminal acts done by African youths because that will alienate all of them.
Presumably you believe ignoring the issue will resolve it. Similar to the attitude of the average German in the 1930s.
I think the average Australian has enough intelligence to know that not all Muslims are terrorists, or want to impose Sharia law in this country, however, it's time all the peace loving Muslims made more of an attempt to make their culture more compatible with ours and definitely time they begin to loudly condemn all acts that don't belong with our value system.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 25 March 2017 12:06:51 PM
Josephus,

" Shooting murderers after events of murder has happened is not the answer"

Perhaps not, but it sure stops them committing more murders, particularly of policemen trying to apprehend them.

What would you recommend that the London policeman, so savagely knifed to death in the latest Islamic atrocity in England, should have done; he didn't have a gun.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 March 2017 1:52:31 PM
IS MISE...

Whatever it is you say, must be right IS MISE - Please recall what I said about your credibility - seems as though it's still plummeting south...and falling.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 25 March 2017 1:53:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

As I recall you got a bit upset by some of my claims that I had done some very ordinary shooting with an original .36 Navy Colt and I gave examples of far better shots than me doing even better shooting.

But to return to your opinions, care to answer any of the questions that I asked?

How many shots did you fire in a year?

Here's a bit more from 2015:

"MORE than a quarter of police officers have failed the new “active shooter” courses designed to teach them how to stop terrorists in the past month.

Sources said up to half the participants in some groups had to repeat sections of the FBI-style training, particularly the section involving medium to long-range shooting.

This has prompted calls from officers for police to be equipped with rifles, similar to the US police."
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/nsw-police-officers-failing-active-shooter-terrorist-training-using-standard-issue-glock-handguns/news-story/868833a566192ae106da99930589db95
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 March 2017 2:26:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14