The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens Popular?

Greens Popular?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Before posting that post above, and this one I sat and thought.
See I do not walk away from verbal combat, but as I took my self away from this section of the forum for two weeks,after clashing on this subject I had to think.
I went because it was clear I can not win on this subject, only hurt others and escalate the heated debate, by expressing my honestly held views.
I try not to get in to the slash and burn rudeness of some who put the verbal hob nail boots on and launch in.
We are all in my view getting a bit too rude here in the cellar of OLO.
GOOD GRIEF think about it! it has been said for years that Labor/Green voters betray Australia, now we see references to DE sexing us deporting us even maybe killing us.
Are we fair dinkum? can we talk out our issues without dropping to that standard.
Look I am who I am every day of my post teen age life has seen me stand for what I think.
I do not want to hurt Morgan,to talk to two women who turned very nasty because my views are other than theirs.
But lets have some order in the house, every one can do better no need exists for the failure to understand others have every right to thoughts opinions and ideas.
I happen to think The Greens inhabit a land my fellow Australians do not wish to.
So am I evil.
I again say, we here are becoming for some a graffiti wall for under achievers to scrawl verbal insults that prove only they are unable to do better.
So yes I went away,to control my growing rage rather than put it here as some do, belittling me and the forum.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 6:49:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ Belly:

Firstly, I'm not angry. You seem to interpret disagreement and argument backed by evidence as anger, when it's just debate. Unlike for you, politics is far from what drives me - to me it's mostly just a depressing distraction, which is why I support the only party that offers a different philosophy than the unsustainable approaches of the 'majors'. I'm probably more active on political forums lately because I've been bed- ridden for last 3 months and it passes the time.

I do get annoyed when people publish material that is either deliberately or negligently dishonest - SOG's baseless spray above is a good example. My approach is not to get sucked into the abuse and baiting that seems to characterise political 'debate' at this site - rather, when people post lies about the Greens, I'm taking it as an opportunity to present the truth of Greens policy and philosophy.

To your supposed "gotcha" - I have no idea whether more people "dislike" the Greens than those who voted for them, and neither do you. I agree that more voted against the Greens than for them, but your claim is simply wishful thinking on your part, i.e. "spin". I look at the way the Greens vote has been trending steadily upwards at virtually every election they've contested in the past decade or so. My prediction for the next Federal election is that the Greens will cop a temporary decline in electoral support, largely because of the receptiveness of people like you and your mates to the lies and negative spin relentlessly pumped out by the 'major' parties and the Murdoch media.

Despite your fervent wishes, I think that the Greens are here to stay, and further that the two party system has had its day. The Greens will probably never have the numbers to govern in their own right, while Labor is unlikely to be able to do so again unless they do something that distinguishes them from the other "Coalition".
Posted by morganzola, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 7:26:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
please my brother[not bother]...do not doudt that i love you
[i ignore the things i hate]..i dont flog dead horses

you have an open mind
yet think we are attacking open wounds
mate a debate needs two sides..or its not debait

were different mate
but also have so much more the same
[im trying to get to the point..where marxists are communists
we know the old left alp[of which we were both a party to..had some reasonable commie ideas]

you said..""We are all..in my view
getting a bit too rude here in the cellar of OLO.""

mate we are being honest
i respect you enough to give you my honest opinion

even if i dont allways get what your getting at

..""said for years that Labor/Green voters betray Australia,""

i got that
and often hint to that
but didnt allways think that..
but its true today[for me]..for the reasons we both know
cause we talk and i allready told you so

but this mate?
im trying hard to get what is being said

..""now we see references
to DE sexing us..deporting us even maybe killing us.""

mate if they tried to put you or your misses
onto a jet to ussr...i would raise hell

you did notice..how i was upset you seemingly left
mate its not where we agree..
but how much we can disagree..yet still respect each/other

you ask..""Are we fair dinkum?"'
i dont lie to you brother

""can we talk out our issues
without dropping to that standard.""

mate we can forget stanmdard...i need honesty
insults i can get from the ghetto[stret]..or a pub

""Look I am who I am
every day of my post teen age life
has seen me stand for what I think.""

so too us mate
you want truth..or just yes men?

an opinion free
spin and platitude's..*zone?
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 8:22:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
back patting self decieving..each other
as being good..

but no real opinion needing real thought?
no..real thinking..and no honest opinon?

""I do not want to
hurt Morgan,
to talk to two women
who turned very nasty because my views are other than theirs.""

mate were not talking
were posting our opinions
no opnions we got nothing..!

""every one can do better
no need exists for the failure to understand
others have every right to thoughts opinions and ideas.""

and staying silent...means the bad errors compound..into worse things

""I happen to think The Greens
inhabit a land my fellow Australians do not wish to."'

mate SOME greens
just as SOME libs

equally so TOO...SOME alp
some bankers..some men..some woman's

""So am I evil.""

evil is a judgment call
any self respecting..christian/buddist jew
[or greenie/liberal independant or labratter too
has good and bad within them...[its only closed minds
that call a group..collectivly vile...there is good AND bad in all of us]

at least here we talk to others
who know...us by our past deeds..past miss-takes
and yet still see hope in us..[enough]..to TRY to change our opinion

"we here are becoming for some a graffiti wall
for under achievers to scrawl verbal insults
that prove only they are unable to do better.""

i will take that as a comment
[not list it as an opinion..or question needing response]

""So yes
I went away,
to control my growing rage
rather than put it here as some do, belittling me and the forum""

mate its best to leave the choicing..[stay/go]..to grayham
he has suspended me many times...[was that me running away?]

its too silly for words
your big...only we are allowed to loose little words

but its our own choice..
to be little..by belittling others
but the forum is plenty big enough for us all
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 8:24:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ok Morgan I am sorry,and sorry you have been unwell.
I too am no longer angry and in truth it was only part with you.
I would not have a beer with SOG that says a bit.
Mate as well be hung for being honest I want, please help me folks, to avoid all contact with Csteele and Ammonite, if you two can help it would be great thanks.
I still hold My views Morgan, think middle Australia, almost every one of the 88% who do not vote for greens think as I say.
OUG thanks again, the links thing, Mate here is how I see it.
Party's are the only expectable alternative,the very same humans that make up party's,would be those elected as independents.
Imagine!a Parliament with 200 voices 200 different set of policy's human nature mate.
Soon the filth would rise to the top, a soup driven by self interest would form.
It has been done NSW saw my party taken over by grubby self interest, but OUG! it was my party's heart and sole that killed it too.
Branded forever in our hearts by our blindness we will not let it get that bad, the next NSW ALP government, held to account by its owners the people who vote for them will prove it.
I again end with look at the blind hateful insults, hold ourself accountable, fools need not tell us they are,it shines out in some posts.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 12:20:50 PM
Belly

>> to avoid all contact with Csteele and Ammonite <<

WTF?

Apart from disagreeing with your opinion of the Greens and wanting humane slaughtering of animals in Indonesia, I want a damn good reason why you want to avoid me (and csteele for that matter - he's quite reasonable). Now if you had said Col Rouge, that I could understand, but as Morganzola has pointed out you seem to take disagreement with you as being anger. I'm not and never have been angry with you. However, you're not going to like what I think you are doing with this latest thread on the Greens and that is you appear to be on a one-eyed crusade against the Greens the same way Shadow Minister is against Labor.

I believe that Labor will have to learn to continue working with the Greens if it wants to keep the Lib/Nats out - the Greens are popular enough that they offer Labor a viable alliance. Perhaps if you took the time to learn more about the Greens.... I have a feeling though, you have had some sort of personal falling out with a Greens member? If this is true, ask yourself if you like every single Labor member you meet. The Greens are big enough to have a diverse membership, which is good, mono-cultures tending to be narrow in vision and focus.
Posted by Ammonite, Wednesday, 27 July 2011 1:49:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All