The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bullying?

Bullying?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23
  13. 24
  14. 25
  15. 26
  16. All
Antiseptic,

It seems to me after reading of past skirmishes in OLO vaults that "one" person seems to be unloading all the incendiary rhetoric. This person's posting style is extremely identifiable - even when posting on behalf of a group (mob) as any number of identities. I surmise that it is not a case a "both groups", but a revisitation from a disaffected personality.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 10:17:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're probably right, Poirot. Sad, because she seems to genuinely care about the way animals are treated during the live export process and most of the time she's a pretty good contributor I think.
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 10:32:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Antiseptic,

Are men or women bigger bullies?

I Googled this topic just out of curiousity
after your reference to "middle-aged women."

The following website gave some interesting
insights:

http://curiousity.discovery.com/question/are-men-women-bigger-bullies

It seems that gender stereotypes still exist in our perceptions.
But as we know this doesn't allow for individual differences.
Women are supposed to be more submissive and less aggressive
which supposedly leaves them open as targets. And men are supposed to
be more sensitive to criticism, so they;re likely to bear grudges
and then act on them. However does that ring true in real life?

I guess we can only judge from our own experiences. As the site I
gave states, "Finnish researcher Kaj Bjorkqvist...discovered girls
instead of fighting on the playground ...play subtle mind games that
can cause more damage than a black eye...Both genders share certain
motivations - the need for attention, fear of competition and often
anger about how they're treated..."
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 11:54:56 AM
cont'd...

My apologies for the typo.

The website I cited should have read:

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/are-men-women-bigger-bullies
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 12:01:56 PM
Not reason to be concerned but thanks.
I agree both groups, those who followed the links,seem to be one person with a few Friends.
I have resolved my issue.
Small village this.
A person with my sir name was visited by some one, not in my view a member of that group, a supporter.
My phone rang telling me I was to get a visit.
It would appear my visitor pictured an old and feeble man.
On letting himself in my gate he found my name sharer wanted to come too, he had followed.
I convinced the person, some apparent mental health issues he did not truly want to stay he agreed.
Those links, if any still exist, show a forum that hosted several of our ex posters.
It shows the animal welfare group and DNA is hard not to see.
Remarkable that in a thread about Bullying we saw some.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 2:23:34 PM
Just had a snoop at that other site which has nothing to do with OLO. The link to the thread Anti referenced some time back no longer works. From memory that thread repeated identifying detail about Belly. I wonder when that was removed.

A thread adding decidedly one sided comments on parts of this thread is at http://www.opiniononlineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=514

Another started by the Administrator has not gone far http://www.opiniononlineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=516

Wondering how some of the posts on the site would hold up if that unnamed organisation ever goes ahead with a legal challenge for discussions taking place here.

Eg from this sites rules
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/display.asp?page=legal
"Copyright and intellectual property notices
International copyright protection

The material on this web site is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries.
We own or control, and reserve, all rights

Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of these web pages and on-line images (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved, by us.

Copyright in articles on On Line Opinion is also governed by our Contributors Agreement."

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 10 August 2011 6:40:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23