The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bullying?

Bullying?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All
A correction to my post above.

It should of course have read "about 9900% over-reporting".

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 11:42:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Me thinks Ammonite your dislike of antiseptic has let you ignore the likely source of that post.
I doubt it passed by antiseptic, word perfect not the first apparently sent by another to charge blindly in the wrong direction.
LIBEL! gives an insight if you want to see it, so many here have been threated by the most likely to commit that act here.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 1:11:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly

I never mentioned "libel" in post my post to Antiseptic. Suggest you reread.

As for my "dislike" - I have never met the man, only know him from his persona on OLO. I merely presented my POV - which is what OLO is about is it not?

As for his post being "word perfect" - it may well be, however claims that bullying do not occur in private business are completely false.

http://tinyurl.com/3tchvxh
Posted by Ammonite, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 1:27:29 PM
An excellent link, Amoonite. I especially liked page 194, where it said:

"As noted earlier, injustice is always in the eye of the beholder, and the fact that frustration and aggression often stem from relative deprivation in an era in which many people feel deprived. Simply put,there is a growing sense of 'entitlement' on the part of many millions of individuals."

In other words, to quote Mr Forsyth of WorkSafe Victoria:

"''I think what we are seeing is that the term bullying is being used quite loosely in the community now in many instances to describe something that has 'gone against me' or 'that I haven't liked' or something that 'I haven't wanted to do',''"

The whole piece is an excellent read. Most instructive in the methods used to manufacture victims and hence the need for "support services" out of nothing more than an inflated self-evaluation.

Thanks for putting it up.
Posted by Antiseptic, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 1:45:02 PM
Dear Antiseptic,

There are many terms being used quite loosely
in the community by a variety of people. So what?
That in no way changes the fact that real bullying
does exist and hence most organisations do now have
guidelines as to how to deal with this serious workplace
problem. The fact that some people will mis-use the
system - doesn't mean that bullying does not exist or
that it should not be taken seriously because of the
few that mis-use the system. I simply cannot understand
why you're even arguing about this matter. We've all
acknowledged that there are people who'll try to mis-use
any system anywhere - but this doesn't mean that laws
should not be put in place to protect the real problems
that people face in the workplace.

Anyway - enough said. If you don't get it - then I guess
there's nothing that any one of us can do about it.

Cheers.
Posted by Lexi, Wednesday, 17 August 2011 1:54:53 PM
Lexi, it's not a question of "abusing the system", it's a matter of creating a perception that all sorts of things are bullying when they're not even remotely closee to it. Let's not forget that 120 people with no case went to WorkSafe Victoria to complain every single week. That's 25 cases every day that somebody has to spend time investigating and only 1 per week on average will be found to be based on anything more than the person's own misguided sense of entitlement. It may even be less than 1 per week, because we have no data at all about any further action that was taken in the 1% of cases that were deemed worthy of further investigation.

Now, you can make all sorts of touchy-feely feelgood statements about "victims" and that's all wonderful, but the genuine numbers show that in the absence of such campaigns as "Know Bull" there is less frivolous complaint and when such "awareness" campaigns exist there is much more frivolous complaint, based on the frivolous definitions used by such "awareness raisers" largely to bolster their own claim to some form of funding.

I get it, all right.

Would you be equally as willing to spend money on this sort of thing if it was your own, I wonder?
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 18 August 2011 5:19:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy