The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > RSPCA should stick to its knitting

RSPCA should stick to its knitting

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. ...
  14. 23
  15. 24
  16. 25
  17. All
Ammonite
Thank you and I will do so without delay. I am on it. Oh my god I am sitting here shaking at what you have told me. I know these people in the USA set the site up to give everybody press press about everything but have a big interest in Animal welfare. I will send all your information out in a bulk email to the other moderators and tell them to look especially at your comments.
I would like to give you my phone number but I don't think its allowed on here- not sure but i don't want to break any rules. My number is on my talk thread and in one I am leaving for this man called Belly.
Do you think there is a way if we all got together to get a CD out to each household in Australia. Just by the 4 corners show along we know the public wont stand for it.

That is what got me going and I know there are already others taking out their own threads too. Thank you so much for what you are trying to do for animals. Well i think i cant come back in here anyway because its 4 isn't it. I promise to push your work and again thanks!

To Belly -
http://www.opiniononlineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=497

Kerryanne Wirth
Old Parattah Hotel Tasi
Posted by Kerryanne, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:16:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*If we miss the boat, and Indonesia looks elsewhere for their beef, well good luck to them. We can always do the same with something they want to sell us!*

Ah Suze, a typical comment from a typical hysterical housewife,
whose own livelyhood is not threatened, so its all feeling and
no thinking beyond the tip of her nose.

Never mind the livelyhoods of thousands of people, never mind
the animal welfare issues for the hundreds of thousands of animals
here, we'll just react to what is on telly yesterday with pure
emotionalism. Karl Rove understood this all very well, its how
he managed to get a dummie like George Bush elected twice.

Fact is that no cow going on a boat today, would be slaughtered in
the next 3-4 months, they would go into a feedlot. Fact is that
if between the Govt and MLA, they can't get a bit of basic, functional
equipment over there in that time, to install in 25-30 works,
they they urgently need to hire some can do practical people who
can!

Sounds like we might have Gertrude back. I was waiting for that
to happen
Posted by Yabby, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:35:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Welcome Kerrianne, and I hope you enjoy OLO. I had a quick look at your site, and I assume you are an animal rights campaigner?

I would suggest it is not a good idea to put your phone number on the site Kerianne...you may be asking for trouble from undesirables if you aren't careful :(
Good luck with your quest anyway.

Cheers,
Suze.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:37:13 PM
pelican
Thanks but clearly not as much as you guys.
What I don't know about all of your side I hope to make up for on another issue.

Yes I have news! little old Kerry - I know my cousin is working with people and in 6 weeks there is another peak body of Islamic council opening and they ARE going to recommend ALL Animals are pre stunned.

So there goes the furphy the industry use as an excuse to export animal alive.

So eat your heart out Yabby and i did read to your credit someplace you supported reopening abattoirs here.

I give you 100% marks on that comment and suggest you work on that angle when lobbying the government.

pelican
I heard there is to be an inquiry do you know when. Havent they had those before and were white washed. I don't reckon the public will stand for anything less than a full ban personally.

Yabby,

I am going to take over part two of the Adventures of Yabby the life through the eyes of a farm animal just for fun.

Dont get me wrong I am for farmers but doing it right- here.

Kerryanne
Posted by Kerryanne, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:46:30 PM
Followed the links flattering but are only some of my views in favor.
I truly and honestly think yabby like me, understands the cruel and needless acts.
And that they must stop.
I know, yabby would too, this trade will not continue forever.
Indonesia plans to breed its own, using our cattle and others, by 2014.
I no longer live even near true farmers, just a few survivors
But understand them still, in truth they vote against my wishes.
Think badly of me for being from the east and near city life seems to get me branded as not knowing my country.
But not one farmer can be blamed for this.
Exporters? maybe some, governments past and present,you betcha!
Any person, any of us, tasked with doing an audit to highlight problems that may arise could have stopped this.
How do we ignore yabby true statements about 100 million dollars thrown at a dysfunctional semi government group.
Let say this, that group holds the guilt you can back on it.
Do we forever blue about this, or do we put a list together what we want from it.
I want
1 trade to recommence, we say sorry to Indonesia.
2 BUT only after this week coming sees both country fund and use better killing methods one Abattoir at a time opened as they pass.
3 removal in total of MLA make new farmer controlled government policed body.
I am no longer a union official, but I was a good one and an honest one,with a better boss would have died with my work boots on.
Find reason to end conflicts not keep them burning.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:51:56 PM
Dearest Yabby, the last comment I made was in actual fact, tongue in cheek, but I guess it doesn't come off like that in print :(

Of course I am sorry for the farmers, especially as I live in a rural community and do visit and care for farming families in their own homes in my community nursing job.

However, I must admit to also caring for animals, and the fact that they can't speak for themselves. I was an occasional meat-eater before I saw the first five minutes of the Four Corners program, but I haven't managed to eat beef since then.

If that makes me a 'hysterical housewife', then so be it. Housewives also reside on farms, and are the backbone of the community, so I should be happy to be among them.

I doubt I can offer anything new to this debate, and whatever I say is shot down anyway, so I will see you all on another thread.
Cheers,
Suze.
Posted by suzeonline, Sunday, 12 June 2011 12:53:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17