The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Silencing the majority

Silencing the majority

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
I have to go on record here, I a man ABC fan.
And no difference exists between left and right in using media, rather miss using it.
I want to draw a line between knowingly not sticking to truth and not understanding it.
Ad libs, the reporter commenting on a story their have just read or are about to can be fun.
Australia in the lead in todays cricket test,, then telling us they are 6 for 55.
Being in control, and under great stress, at controlling traffic at a dreadful road death scene, under police orders no traffic to move in next hour, hearing local radio station say road is open!
Knowing an idiot has rang in, trying to force movement, but you have to deal with every motorist who heard it.
Shock jocks!I know a very special man, worked for a long time in radio.
He can tell of such getting to air with false people in trouble storys, going to kill them selves to add to ratings.
Cronulla, can any one tell me the actions that ended in a riot are pure evil?
They want about the years of taunting and threats bashings and intimidation that lead to it?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 2:29:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ABC and QandA take another look Banjo, yes bias but for and against both sides.
Two weeks ago watched the Shorten/Turnbull episode.
Loved a tweet in a perfect world those two would be leading today.
Any one with memory's of what was said should remember the woman on the right of screen, her input, to me, seemed to be an uniformed voice with zero understanding but a big ego.
Watch the drum, if you must, some comment is as silly as the Benny Hill show ever was.
Then read to out pourings of some say Andrew Bolt.
We know the media is a tool but in the hands of some who are tools it is not nice.
And yes I have cringed on hearing a member of my party getting his voice and opinions to air often but with great distances between them and truth.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 2:40:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
I read the three major papers daily and watch the news on one commercial TV channel and the ABC news, plus some other programes on ABC and SBS. No radio. Very rarely any commercial TV programes.

I tried Q and A a few times and was not impressed. Certainly would not watch it if Turnbull was on as he lost me when he introduced those stupid light globes and then supported Rudds ETS. Human induced climate change has yet to be proven and I doubt it will ever be.

Mind you Abbott started well by blocking the ETS, but now seems to be changing his stance somewhat. He should stick to his original assesment of AGW as Bulldust. The alarmists conned the world!

But you started this thread with critisism of journos forcing their opinions on us and I agree. If I want commentary, I will seek that from politicians or commentators, not some idiot reporter just out of Uni.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 16 March 2011 8:17:55 PM
Well Banjo apart from man made climate change I mostly agree.
But I listen to radio national and ABC for current affairs and sport.
Yes both sides miss use media.
And yes again very fixed and maybe uninformed from both sides are now commenting, pushing a view,once that would not be happening.
However if say you want to talk on talk back ,and the personality has a different view you will be cut off and called a fool.
More importantly, in saying this I understand I turn some stomachs,I that some views are going to get me branded,you too.
CRONULLA,so called riot,yes it was bad, never should have happened.
Media is telling us it was a one day event from yobo Aussies,that it shamed us all.
Do you think it was?
I look at the positives the new life Gard's from a minority and even the I am sorry from a flag burner, not PC rubbish as the better part of that out come.
Other surely will not agree ,,but is it true?
Is media teaching us what to think and what not to think.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 17 March 2011 5:28:54 AM
belly quote..""Is media teaching us what to think and what not to think.""

mate its worse than that
its teaching us when not to think
[how often you gone to sleep in front of the tv?]

ever notice how the adverts are allways yelling[loud]
thats to wake us up to hear the latest consume order

[how often you feel hungry after an advert
and go raid the fridge]
why ya ythink there are so many cooking shows?

or are watching some hero detective [or reporter]
having a drink..and gone for a drink yourself

why ya think there are so much stresssfull police/hospital/
or just generally yelling shows on the box

it used to be the same pavlove dog response with smoking

monkey see monkey do
its not so much do as we say
but do as we do..

oh further on where the money was spent

horseracing got a big chunk of it..
but league got the most
tennis did just fine out of it..

[if you see it on tv..they did just fine]

dont forget the arts
or big business
[ports rail and airports]

govt sure hasnt
its a matter of following the money
[they know this thus destroyed the archives]
and built a new one to keep those in the know quiet

dont forget the private prisons
a huge chunk went there

[thats how you keep vocal minorities silent]
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 March 2011 6:44:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
King Hazza,
When my son started work at the ABC his boss told him that
if he was a Liberal voter to keep quiet about it if he wanted to
progress in his career there.
Years later when he was in a position of responsibility he commented
that almost all the jornos are either rusted on labour voters or
members of the party.
He said that he found most of the technical staff we more inclined to
be liberal voters.

However, that was their secret as the only ones in the closet are
Liberal voters.
The ABC is the only organisation that has no gay closet but a Liberal closet !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 17 March 2011 4:10:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy