The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Behind Gillards back flip

Behind Gillards back flip

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
If Belly wants to see julia go ,I think he will have to wait.
I couldn't describe our prime minister like that. The no one person in AU deserves some respect.
She is on the right track with a carbon tax, with out it there will be no change.
Why go against a mine tax, these itinerant miners are exploiting the country for billions. If there was a better supply elsewhere, they would not be here.
The way Belly is going on, it is not good for anyone.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 27 February 2011 3:21:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly:

Give Julia a chance. Don't write her off so quickly.

Did you see the news on TV showing quite clearly footage of Tony Abbott prior to the election repeatedly proposing a carbon tax?
Julia Gillard got into government with the backing of the Greens and three Independents. Don't you think that to stay in government Julia Gillard has to accommodate her partners in coalition? Let's look at John Howard and his promises of no GST - do we have a GST? You betcha! All this current rhetoric of the Opposition is a smokescreen to disguise their own inadequacies. We have always known that carbon trading or taxing - was going to be on the agenda if any action on climate change was going to eventuate. Climate change is real and Australia needs to respond to it. If Labor sticks to the basics - they will find that most people will approve their action. They have to work out the tougest issues of a climate policy - but that will happen. All Julia Gillard has to remember is not to follow the ethos of Tony Abbott - "Divide and Rule," this may be a sound motto for Tony Abbott - however, "Unite and Lead," is a better one. And its one
that Julia Gillard (at last) seems to be adopting. We should be cheering her on - rather than buying into the negativity and spin of the Opposition. They're becoming totally irrelevant - especially under their current leadership.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 27 February 2011 3:34:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To talk about how the carbon tax is going to affect you, is all fairy- tail. No one knows until we get a model to talk about. Govt; is there to govern, so be it. You had your chance to vote.
I do not want to see the country run by union thugs, like the 70's. Wages have moved along better than ever since the union demised.
This SM bloke is off his perch, needs help. Anyone that talks on a world media like that against a nations political leader is slanderous.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 27 February 2011 4:29:30 PM

It is only slanderous if it is not true.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 27 February 2011 6:03:15 PM
579 read your posts, do not often agree, now no goggling of the top of your head.
Who lead the charge in NSW to dump Rudd recently wrote a book about it.
Union thug, now no cheating! you seem to claim understanding and Knowledge here how did Bill Shorten get his start in unionism, what event bought your claim of thuggery.
What do you want of a life time active member of the ALP? that I do not say what I think.
And last are you active in any party?
Now mate, let time prove if you or I know little about politics.
Lexi. sorry you are wrong, Julia a lady I have looked in the eye is not going to make it,she will work hard get some good results but fail.
This thread is about her faults she was at least as guilty as Rudd for our failures.
Shadow you are impossible to debate with, you never ever come here to talk about issues only defame Labor.
Your leader too is gone Turnbull, the most honest man on your team, like me supports ETS.
I dream of the day your side changes, uses existing Labor policy's.
579 know this, your broad side in my mind a load of duck feathers came because you want the greens to control the senate rather conservatives than such ever happening.
Last within the ALP Julia knows I am far from the only one unhappy.
Elections are about numbers, she can not win swinging voters, if she won an election truth would be Abbott lost it not she won.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 February 2011 6:37:33 PM
Good morning SM see you are here too.
I did not see that last post from you until now.
Gee bloke you are a lost sole.
Gillard at least did something EVERY POLITICIAN FROM EVERY PARTY NEEDS TO DO.
She reminded questioners on radio TV any media so called reporters they are expressing political views in their questions.
ABC radio has become nearly as bad as any.
Women and men as fixed and immovable as SM, against every side come forward with questions that are in fact comment.
We must not become a world inhabited by such as SM on both sides.
Find today[except in Ackerman's column in Sydney Telegraph] a more biased and untested comment than SMS last here.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 28 February 2011 5:38:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All