The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What was it?

What was it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
I thought by 8 years old all pelicans would be flying..?

:)
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 18 November 2010 3:03:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TPP, heh heh :).

Don't do that to me. I was halfway through swallowing a mouthful of hot tea which nearly ended up all over the keyboard.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 18 November 2010 3:06:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I didn't think I could fly. I just did fly, but only the once, then couldn't do it again. I levitated over a gate, and slowly came back to ground. Believe me I was as amazed as you'd think. But it happened and I don't care what people think I know the truth.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 18 November 2010 3:53:10 PM
Yea, don't do that.. we can't afford wasting money new keyboards when we already have a fictional one.

TPP: back at ya.. u've got some sense of humor as well. I'd recommend this book as a past time(if you hv time): http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=The+New+Feminine+Brain
I need suggestions that is not out there yet. Have tried everything. Their like the mother, so I don't expect any less from their performance. Do plenty of exercise(which hypes them up even more). The younger one hardly sleeps already.

The other threads going on are targeting each other again. What's wrong with them. Here's more fun.

Hey we all wanted to fly as kids i reckon. I remember clipping towels to my shoulders are pretending i was superman. Kids now do it still.. haha. Lucky for me I didn't try to be a pelican tho. I did eventually fly and it was a great experience, learn plenty from it and consider myself very lucky to have those memories. The plane going trough turbulence, airpockets, getting free roller coaster rides and having to keep a straight face while watching everyone else on board SCREAM!

This is so worth watching, bother about the initial ad at the start tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihfieZBWT_E
Respect! He is so good at what he does. Ahh.. what are time outs for...

Houellebecq: Good on ya! maybe you should try that again soon :)

It: fighting for my life for the first 3 years of it. born sickly(healthwise). My dad saved me each time.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 18 November 2010 4:14:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Soz Pelican. :P

You downgraded flying to levitating Houel. What was on the other side of the gate? Could be like Hitch Hikers Guide and for a minute there you forgot you couldn’t fly. And quit pouting of course we don’t believe you.

Maybe just expecting different from them will do it Jinny. Only child I’ve ever had who acted hypo in my care would do so 20 minutes after their Ritalin was given to them. The rest were little balls of energy like normal children are. If you have a child whose sleeping pattern is disrupted it can be a problem of habit.

The children had moments when I think about it, one moment they would tell everyone about over and over. Some weren’t great but yeah for their brief time on earth most had a moment that was huge in their minds. Praise really sticks with them, the time they did something but it is the response they appear to cherish.

My daughter had one that wasn’t true, me running across a school field after her in my pj’s. From about 6 years old she’s been telling that one very specific memory she has stuck in her head, never happened.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 18 November 2010 6:54:34 PM
Mine was a strange one. It seemed minor at the time, but the words of a disabled guy raising funds in my local neighbourhood keep coming back to me.

I was in Year 12, at home studying for my final exams, when one of my brother's friends asked me to look after her dog while they were moving house. The little fella kept escaping, it seems. When the doorbell rang, I answered it and the charity guy gave his spiel about raising money and, as I told him to wait while I went to get my wallet, the little dog sprinted outside. I chased him around for a while and got him inside. Then my elderly neighbour (who was bringing in the groceries) took a spill and dropped a bag of cans. I asked the poor guy to wait, helped her up and picked up the cans, came back and got my wallet. It must have been the man's longest house call ever; I reckon it took a good 15 minutes. I gave him what I could, being a high school kid working on Woolies pay. As he left, he smiled and said: "You've got a great big heart. Don't ever lose it."

Sometimes, I think I have lost that heart, but his words come back to me clear as day. I think that's why, since moving into my largely indigenous "ghetto" neighbourhood, I've had something of an open-door policy. I have let people in and given them tweezers to get splinters out of their feet. I have given drunks glasses of water and lifts to the bus stop. I have driven a disoriented, intoxicated and elderly lady a ride home (and a sandwich) at 2 in the morning. I have hidden a young pregnant woman from her abusive boyfriend until the police came.

I've also done a lot of bad stuff, and a lot of things that don't correspond to that "great big heart". But when his words come back to me, they spur me into action. In a sense, it's not what I did, but what he said.
Posted by Otokonoko, Thursday, 18 November 2010 7:16:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11