The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What was it?

What was it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
Maybe it isn’t fair of me Jinny, I don’t know if I did it this time. I don’t care if I am seen to be fair or not. Who are you to judge me unfair? :P Not a serious question, I'm all good with being judged too.

Most mums might not have that, giving birth was all good and breast feeding, first steps, first words… they are wondrous moments for me but never got to the top of my personal list. Maybe this is because my list of first steps and first words and amazing moments with children is rather long now.

I’m not sure you can name that peoples “it’s” are the proud moments although I did expect some pride to be associated with many of them.

Some people give and receive no joy in return and maybe they weren’t looking for any.

They fully lied to you Poirot, try as we might once a confirmation of gender is made then responses change and you are also open to accusations from the gender police on both sides. I’m guilty of it, I am nicer to females. Can’t help it – one of my unfair attributes maybe.

Oh you should have waited Nic, it would have been more fun in the middle of an argument about gay rights or something to come out with that info. Or did you? Yep this thread isn’t about anything other than being able to enjoy an experience someone else had and sharing one’s own. Although I did consider maybe a horrible moment could be at the top of someone’s list.

Houel you are a freak. Sorry, gut reaction. Wonder if your brain should be studied or if you are in tune with things outside of normal. You promise all this stuff happened while straight?

Never heard of The Street.. will go hunt it down.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 18 November 2010 10:37:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'You promise all this stuff happened while straight?'

Only the flying.

But I was only about 5.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 18 November 2010 10:45:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wouldn't waste a big one like that on any subject, I took a level headed approach to some gay talk and got treated like a homophobe especially with a name like nic) and then BAM! take that...it ended the discussion too unfortunately. It was childish to bait but who doesn't enter a controversial discussion without something up their sleeve.

I will be honest, the first thought that came to mind when I read the initial post was one of regret. Something that will stay with me until I die.

But you were all 'thought of joy' and I didn't think it was appropriate to spill the beans online.
Posted by Nicnoto, Thursday, 18 November 2010 11:03:10 AM
The it does not hv to be a happy memory.

HB:may I ask wt ur flying experience, was in mental or physical? The world flyin can be defined in a few ways. When I close my eyes and focus(since I can remember) I see billions of colourful pixels swarming around in circles. When ppl r in their subconscious state of mind, the focus on the messages, that's why some musicians hv great songs.

TTP: I don't tk offense, already learned how not to this week. Any chance someone can start a thread on the right ways to handle hyper active children wt behavioral issues? I agree wt wt u said about how u handled the child.

Nicnoto: I thought about it, still not one, but this it came to mind the most in the last few hours:when I was 4/5, I thought about death, when I was laying in bed at night.got so scared I cried and when down to look for my mom, seeked comfort in her arms, and cried for a while before she made me feel better.

Another on that comes to me a lot now is when I look up at orients belt, the same stars I looked at growing up a lot, they are further from here, but still the same question. What is the purpose of my existence?

I hope it's not raining where the happy golfer's are..
Gays are such good ppl.
Posted by jinny, Thursday, 18 November 2010 12:56:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They hypo or bloody active? Just park up and enjoy them acting like little fruit loops. Wear them out with big walks and physical games. Give them warnings like “dinner is nearly ready”,“10 minutes until bed” so they don’t freak at sudden announcements. Let things wind down; don’t stop things suddenly if you can help it. No sugar, not just junk food but no refined sugar like white bread and stuff.

Gays are good people, all of them without exception? You make me smile Jinny you honestly do.

You are pondering your existence… I would suggest bourbon immediately.

And death as a child, haven’t had that one come up before even with kids who had barely escaped it.

Nic it doesn’t seem worth hanging on to that regret. But if the moment affected you, did it change how you thought about things or an attitude you had?

Houel, I am pleased to hear you were a straight 5 year old. Flying I can believe but how was the landing?
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 18 November 2010 2:41:26 PM
When I was 8 I thought I could fly too. My brother and I were playing superheroes and I jumped off a small cliff on a beach only to badly twist my ankle and couldn't walk for a week.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 18 November 2010 2:53:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11