The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What was it?

What was it?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All
You did something once, you know you did.

It comes back now and again and you recall every proud moment of it.

It is your favorite memory of yourself in action.

Many may have seen it or it was done quietly without fuss.

It might have even been while you were still a child.

It could have been funny or deadly serious.

It may have affected just you, your family or many people.

Others may have even disapproved and still do.

It could have been a physical thing or more spiritual, maybe emotional.

It might have taken a moment in time or you gave much of your life to it in the end.

It may have resulted in you receiving an award.

It may not have been what others thought your greatest achievment or best moment but it is the one you now recall that tops the list.

But you did it, and I’d really like to know what “It” was.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 10:36:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would also like to hear your 'it' if you don't mind Piper.

I don't have many years to my name, but the proudest moment to date would be when my partner and I brought home two dumped one week old puppies to care for.

It is indescribable to be able to give these little guys a helping hand, to keep their hearts beating and their tummies full and watch their personalities form into two beautiful creatures that deserve nothing but love in life.
Fostering abandoned animals is something that makes sleep deprivation so worth it.
These babies are so pure its heartbreaking.

I share this to encourage all acts of kindness in life, to encourage everyone to help another life when they can. Eliminate all the 'what abouts' and go for it.
Posted by Nicnoto, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 1:49:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best thing I ever did was to humble myself before God and ask Jesus Christ to cleanse me of my sin. It caused a number of family and friends to disown or become embarassed by the 'good' bloke they knew. Thankfully decades later they can see the fruit of that decision as opposed to the fruit of living a godless life.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 2:24:58 PM
you cant have the good...[without the bad]
trouble being we have so much...'its'..which bit..is 'it'?

could be..the moring i was woken up by the birds in longreach..at 3 am
[one tree..with near 100 willywagtails having a cooroberie...and me the only witness?]

or seeing the sky...abouve muscrave park...with a really amasing blue-hue...

with golden-clouds...rippled into 5 lines..[four fingers...palm/thumb..etc in the shape of a golden hand][or rather the fingerprint/ridges..of a masive hand form[shape]..near sunset

or the time i delivered the elders-letter to the queen..[and was arrested..at chogum..2002]

or the time i deliverd...the letter from the 7th angel..to john howard
[or when i was shouted lunch with pro-hart]...or the time i was speared..in from of old parlement house[2002][on good friday...and only got a blister..on my left hip

life is full of..'it'..moments...
like the time i was transported instantly..across time and space[twice]...or watching the birth of my daughter...or raising my grandchild....building my house...breeding my beasts

life is just too full of it
to pick just one

maybe the best one was the rainbow gathering
or just others kind words...or putting up a post..
that seems near perfect...giving a snappy retort at the right moment

being forgiven...a stupidity
or not being forgiven..when you were right

or just posting..without having to think of anything..but the post
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 2:53:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A lot of you blokes need a good cleansing, Get on your hands and knees and ask to be exercised from your sins. I have never had any sins, so i don't have to go down that path. Some take their chances with the devil and some take their chances with exterestrial beings. Other people are quite normal.
Posted by 579, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 3:21:41 PM
Hey Nic, that was very cool and saving two little lives and investing the time, energy and money into moving them forward is lovely.

Mine was when I was younger, just a quick moment in time and more about reactions than anything else. Half way up Ayres Rock, back when climbing it was still something tourists did. An elderly lady ahead of me stumbled and fell; I leaned out and caught her as she went past.

I would have liked to have seen the birds in the tree OUG. One perfect moment.

579... I think you strayed into the wrong thread honey.

I always wondered if those that chose their God later recalled the very moment Runner, thank you for sharing.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 16 November 2010 3:52:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy