The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What was it?

What was it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
Jinny you’re driving me nuts with your assumptions and all the “not getting it”.

The moment thinking my boy was going to die wasn’t an “it” moment for me or has not become one so far.

He could not have been more careful, it was not his fault.

I was hoping the story would make you think about the fact we can lose them and that our jobs as mothers can be about making them happy because when you stand there and you think they are about to leave you then suddenly what matters is whether or not it was all okay. Our criticism can hurt them the worst. Our smacks wound the deepest and our praise mean the most when they are little.

We might not be left as the star of an “it” moment yet we can fill in a lot of the between times for them.

Waiting until they’re in their 30’s might be more about your definition of “decent conversation”.

OUG you need to feel sorry for me, I over analyze everything I want to know the why of everything and everyone. It helps; when a child arrives I don’t have the luxury of a history with them. I need to watch and talk to them and get to know who they are in as short a time as possible.

It was never going to be good enough for me to hear of an “it” moment but why was it important, how did you get there. Imagine knowing what could create one of those moments for another?

There is no other site I would ask this question on; people would think I was some kind of stalker.

And I didn’t get a TB shot in my shoulder. :P
Posted by The Pied Piper, Friday, 19 November 2010 10:41:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TPP: but you are, in a very, very mild sort of way. ;)

How can it not be an it when you have that dreadful feeling of your soul getting torn watch your own flesh and blood in that situation.

Not his fault? Then who's fault? Why was he in a situation like that? Always somebody to blame. Now I just blame myself for everything, that's another of my it. So I can remove all resentment and anger as best as I can, it still manages to come out tho..working on that one.

Says who I don't have fun with my kids and praise them and love them to death? Ehem? I had the strictest and most feared dad growing up, he never praised, show physical emotions, and always tried to restrict me from my dreams to keep me with him forever. I learned from mistakes, of course I wouldn't bring mine up that way. But he made sure I studied magazines, newspapers, gave me the best upbringing. He has changed now. When I think about it now, all I can be is overly appreciative of that. Because everything happens for a reason.

I think physically harming a child harms me more then it does them. It doesn't take very long to get to know a child. Just a few hours for me. It's the part about building up a trust and children can always choose the best when it comes to instincts towards strangers.

Sorry I'm driving you nutz, and assume about you. I just like to explain stuff, that's all, coz there is always a reason.

My reason on seeing a psychiatrist, which I chose to, was so I can get a diagnose from a Neurophycologist about my brain. I think I shall top seeing him very soon as just like what has been stated somewhere in this forum, they are only there to make more and more money from us, in this case they're not getting it from me, but the govt :)

Ahhh.. best things in life are free :)
Posted by jinny, Friday, 19 November 2010 12:52:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TPP sorry to hear about your son.
Good that he is ok now, I went through that with my brothers son months ago heart breaking at the time, he is on the mend.
Quite full of pride, got a job offer today.
Have to be proud about that,same job different union, said no, pride would not let me work there.
Rather be hungry but will not,bit troubled about the thread.
Its intent is great but some things I just can not say.
Forum rules not cowardice stops me.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 19 November 2010 2:17:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Belly, doing what you believe is right can be absolutely painful and costly in different ways.

And thanks, He’s going to go back and see the people at the scene and thank them and he may have become a moment for some, I believe the people in the street saved his life. Some children that saw the accident would need closure so it doesn’t become just a horrible memory.

Why is the thread worrying to you?

Jinny no one was to blame. Nope wasn’t a moment and I might have been in shock anyway so chemicals probably cloud some moments. I don’t have a soul. :P

You can’t “know” a child in a few hours. We can assume they are like most children and a hug will cheer them up etc but with the kids I am familiar with it can make a situation worse. If you hurt a child I am convinced it does actually hurt them more or there would be very little child abuse in the world. Probably less kidnappings if children had well tuned stranger instincts as well.

It isn’t assuming about me that drives me nuts. It is you assume, with limited information, that you have a complete story. I often still do it myself. Being here taught me to read what is said, not finish other peoples stories and look for more information but I still slip up.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Friday, 19 November 2010 5:09:24 PM
Get a life.. i'm not playing this game n more. Have more important things to do and lives to help.

TPP: Assume what you want, interpret how you want. Your life, your choice, your decision. If there is a problem, find a solution, eliminate the problem.

Doesn't matter what others think about you, what matters is what you and believe about yourself. You don't need anyone telling you what or who you are, accept you. Don't get so bothered by all(including me) depressing ones who have nothing better to do then to pick on you.

This is the way it is.

'It' is where you find peace and serenity. The rest... it doesn't really matter.
Posted by jinny, Friday, 19 November 2010 7:41:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jinny who are you are telling to get a life? Settle petal.

"It" might not be where you find peace and serenity and we have already seen people whose moments were exciting or scary, brave, confirming or outright magic.

But you may have found your moment which did bring you peace and serenity, "it" belongs to you and no one can tell you that it is wrong and be right.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Friday, 19 November 2010 8:06:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13