The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What was it?

What was it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
What was it, is how certain individuals should not be allowed here as all they do is annoy and aggravate others, if they cannot respect others, i find it strange that their nasty(ignorance) post should be left here for others to read. It does not bring any good to anyone to read their nonsense.

What was it makes you the person you are today. Whatever you have done, right or wrong. I can not believe the one who believes they have never committed any wrongs. Think I'm mentioned it somewhere(not sure if it is on OLO), please go to the media, because you will be the reborn savior.

We all have of memories of our accomplishments in life, what brought us a sense of satisfaction, pride, accomplishment.

What was it for me... hmmmm, a long list. Track record would be a trouble maker, saving animals when I was a kid. I used to have to beg my dad to allow me to bring back strays.

I challenge the rules, because I know better. I am not going to keep my mouth shut, and watch others suffer just because of rules. I never have, and I never will.

What it was, it is you. That is what it is. You make a difference, because you can. You make a difference because you care. It was when you let your natural protective instincts take over, that was IT.
Posted by jinny, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 6:20:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh my :)

In my case I was on top of a C130 hercules to replace a rather long wire of an HF comms antenna. As I was scrambling along the top...I came across a little "ring thing" embedded in the skin of the airframe.

Without thinking, I grabbed and pulled it, and "lo" a round escape hatch dropped out, and crashed down below just missing a loadmaster by mm! I still cringe when I think of that... There was one other incident much more cringeoworthy..but I was just the bloke marshalling the Herc. I have the signal "cut engines" and as the turbine wound down.. suddenly a Prop 'fell off' and crashed onto the Tarmac.

If ever there was a day when I was VERY happy NOT to be the senior NCO in charge of the Engine Change which had just occurred...it was that day. By the way, the look on the pilot's face as he spun around in the cockpit (having just landed this plane) was...*priceless*
Posted by ALGOREisRICH, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 6:42:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When fb was new, one of my childhood friend said:"FB is EVIL", he wouldn't use it. Just 2 weeks ago, he found me(haven't seen each other for 4+ yrs). I asked him, whacha doing here?(He lives in sydney now, successful 31yo). He replied something to the point of:"if u can't beat em, join em."

I'm just rebuilding my social network. Even when I was not active on fb, I still monitored what was going on in my hometown, my ex-company, and friends. Thus, when I catch up wt any of them, I know more about everything then them. Hahaha. Also, fb is a great marketing tool and u can advertise ur causes there for free! Free entertainment the whole day and if I need to find out something immediately n hv friends around the world who have more knowledge then me, all I hv to do is communicate with them for a few minutes to get a solution.

I do my work there helping ppl who are hurt picking them up and making them see a different point of view. I used it as my dairy. There is evil everywhere unfortunately, and in the past I got very hurt by it(in court) because there are always phychos out there. If we take the necessary precautions, the bad can always be avoided.

OUG, may I ask why u have lost ur drive to make a comfortable income.(I'm working on getting my online business up). The net is such a great tool, I managed to study online businesses(help set one up and run it) using tools that can analyze all businesses. I saw how some companies started from nada, and within 3 yrs became worldwide wholesalers.

Somebody asked me bk home what I am doing here, making money? I replied:"money can be made anywhere in the world, as long as you know how to" this resulted in some jerk of a wealthy worldwide business supplier contacting me and irritating me. He kept bothering me even when I politely asked him to leave me alone after I found out he had ulterior motives/intentions.
Posted by jinny, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 9:41:12 AM
I told him after he kept irritating me:"tk u for and example, u hv all the money in the world, yet, u still can't get what u want." Money can't but happiness, it can buy physical objects, that brings u a certain amount of joy, pays the bills, etc.

I was with the aviation industry as well, plenty of accidents happened, do u blame the management or urself as you choose to joined them. I was happy working there but boy did I despise mgmt at times. All the rules they come up wt yet they don't look after the well being of their employees. It's a lot better her as you have all your labour laws to protect u.

I'm on my emails all the time. My questions weren't fully answered, no worries.

I'm on highspeed broadband now coz I always exceeded my usage. It was pure torture after having both mobile broadband and broadband back home then having to limit my usage to less then 7gb, no wonder I went down. :p my package is with dodo and its a 2 yrs contract that comes with a phone line as well. 69(lol) a mth. But the amount I get back(through studying, chatting, conference calls, research and getting counselled and judged here) is sooooo worth it :)
Posted by jinny, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 9:54:36 AM
What it is, is why are ppl tracking me on the net, why has this system treated us so unfairly?

What it is: OLO has made me question my fight. The lessons I have learned here is priceless, and I appreciate all the member who take time out of their busy life, to express themselves here(coz when I start on my books I will refer quite a bit from here, don't worry, I won't steal any of your writings, just your knowledge)

Now I question, is making a promise that important that I hv to live this way? Should I give up even though we like it here because of the system? Is this worth it? Is the constant hurdles and challenges here worth it, coz now all I want to do is start working on my books :)

And yes, when u get labeled as a narcissist(not getting the spelling right), It does make u feel more important and you can enjoy the lighter side of life:)

E.T. cannot phone home because she can't find speak n spell anymore, but she's got newer technological devices she loves that allows her to do that ;p
Posted by jinny, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 10:15:23 AM
I hate lists. I never watch 20-1.

Every time in life has it's place and you cant order them.

I've done many good things and a few bad things. Some of the bad things I've done are far more important to my life than most of the good things I've done.

If something were to be so good as to stand up on top of a list, well, it would be too private to share with you lot. It would lessen it's value to me.

But, so as to not dampen the spirit of the topic, oh who am I kidding, it's what I live for!

I have been in immediate threat of death once. I believe it was the strength of mind trained by abuse of drugs that actually gave me the tools to calmly bring myself to safety. I was lost 50m underwater inside a ship wreck with zero visibility (Some idiot kicked up a whole heap of sediment) and struggling with the effects of nitrogen narcosis. I had to control my brain out of panic and the urge to laugh hysterically at my near empty oxygen gauge, control my breathing to conserve air, and wait for sediment to settle, then navigate through the corridors to get out and resist the urge to fin upwards to avoid compression sickness.

Then again I have also believed I was under immediate threat of death for no good reason before too due to the influence of drugs. I was also arrested in Bolivia, but that was nothing to do with drugs, and the cops stole my travellers checks. I counted it as a win all considered.

Things like that are often interesting to others, and I like to entertain where possible, but other much more mundane things I am much more proud of. It wouldn't be any use telling anyone such things as they wouldn't have the frame of reference to appreciate them.

I did fly once as a child, and to this day nobody believes me.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 17 November 2010 10:17:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All