The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gay adoption

Gay adoption

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. 15
  16. All
Dear bach,

There are many homeless children, there are many
in orphanages, there are many abused
in so called "normal" homes, and so on.

What is better, a government run institution,
a religious run orphanage, foster homes, or
two caring people who would provide love,
nurturing, care and attention, equal to, and
sometimes often better than, some heterosexual
conventional marriages?

Heterosexuality does not automatically make one
a good parent, the same as homosexuality does not
automatically make one a bad one. Any adoption
should indeed be about the children, but it
should not be about assumptions made simply on
someone's sexuality. Cases for adoption
should be carefully scrutinized on an individual
basis, case by case. Person by person.

I know people who dispite having had two so
called "normal" parents
grew up in the most appaling circumstances and
survived and developed into decent human beings,
despite their atrocious upbringing.

Yes, it should be about the children. And only
about the children.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 September 2010 4:21:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
For your information My wife and I have been involved in the temporary fostering of over 60 children in our life and have seen the homes from which the come. All are DOCS placements and the majority are single mothers in casual relationships. This identifies the state of our society, no family commitments, involvement in crime, drugs, most child abuse happens by casual partners not the parent.

Only a natural parent can build an adequate family bond with her own child. Every child I have seen adopted even in hetrosexual families lacks the best bond they can receive with the adoptee parent, even when the parents are devoted to the care of the child. There is no mother's milk.
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 5 September 2010 5:11:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*No one has answered the question on; Why is Gay adoption necessary? When there are already legal avenues available to handle any situation.*
Any situation except ... Because Philo, two men or two women can't have children of their own together because love-making with the same sex does not produce children. They can still make-love but they can't have children together (did I already say that?) Two people of the same sex can just like any other two hetersexual people, form a loving intimate life-long partnership as a couple. If gay people want to adopt it is because they want to love a child together and to create a family of their own and love that child for the rest of his/her life. The adoptive child needs loving parents and is chosen to be loved. All adoptive parents are screened to make sure they will be loving parents. Simple. I really can't believe what I've read in this discussion. However chin up ... and happy father's day to all the loving dads, the gay, the straight, the bi and all et al!
Posted by dotto, Sunday, 5 September 2010 5:31:27 PM
Dear Foxy,

Yes there are many many children that are left homeless aspecially from single parents, broken families and dysfunctional family units.

There are indeed many abused children but like Philt said most of the abuse is perpetrated by partners of single parents. Take note of this. If there is not a biological bond then there is a great threat to a child. That's why you do not trust your children with strangers!

How can you state that the love and nurturing of the homosexual couple towards the child is 'equal or often better than some heterosexual couples'? I'm sorry to say that this is nothing further than your opinion.

I would rather I was raised in an institution than to grow up in an environment where I had two dads or two mums any day. This is not a natural and adequate environment for any child and the state has no right to commit children to such an environment. I hope and anticipate that one day, if these laws are passed, these children would one day sue the state for exposing them such an unnatural affair.

Not once did I imply that being a heterosexual makes you a better person than a homosexual. However, being a heterosexual parent is a multitude better than being a homosexual parent as far as the child.

I sympathies and empathize with these people. In my opinion it's among the most despicable and cowardly crimes that any person could commit. The state and society should have absolutely no tolerance for such offenders.
Posted by bach, Sunday, 5 September 2010 5:32:00 PM
Dear bach,

You're certainly entitled to your point of view.
And I can understand it, having been raised as
a Catholic. However, I find it difficult to make
judgements about other people's sex lives (as long
as it damages nobody else). I prefer to leave those
things private whatever their inclinations, which
I feel are none of my business. I certainly don't
believe that just because I'm happily married in
a heterosexual relationship, that this is the only
"right" way to live.

Anyway, whatever you and I feel, as I said earlier,
the laws in this country apply to us all at present.
Whether these laws will change, it will be up to
the country to decide and vote on.

For me this discussion has now run its course.
I'll see you on another thread.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 5 September 2010 6:06:24 PM
dotto,
Please tell me how two gay men can be a Father to celebrate Father's day? Yet you tell me: "Because Philo, two men or two women can't have children of their own together because love-making with the same sex does not produce children".

Children are born with a father and mother and deserve to have a good relationship with both PARENTS. Same sex couples forfeit their natural rights to children because of that lifestyle choice. Loving relationships of two persons of the same sex is not the criterion of parenting. Two sisters or two brothers can equally have a lifelong loving relationship that alone does not define then as the parents.
Posted by Philo, Sunday, 5 September 2010 7:41:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...