The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

New Liberal Leader . . . . . bye bye Tony Abbott.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Scott who?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 8:06:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G’mooorn’n CJ

Ok, so you’ve put up two posts on this thread, with a grand total of 19 words!

So um, you are following this discussion but not really contributing anything meaningful { :>)

Could you please tell me what you think the Libs should do regarding their leadership and policies in order to maximise their chances of winnin da next lection?
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 8:39:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It ammusses me how you all talk about who will win the next election, when it is clearly a case of whether or not the sitting government will loose badly enough to see a change of government.

Now until we start seeing some 'winners', rather than 'loosers' in polotics, we are all loosers.

It's long been a race to the bottom.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 9:15:04 AM
Belly,

'Hoolly, you do know why we call it two party preferred do you?'

Of course. But if everyone did it, by chance neither of the two main would be elected, and even if they were, they would see that they weren't really first choice, so could STFU about having a 'mandate' to do whatever they liked.

'Your advice would see the second last you vote for elected if we all did it.'

How? If there were no seats going to any Labor or Liberal candidates (Or certainly very few), how do they form government? Perhaps the Shooters party would be elected, or worse the Greens.

Is it just that you cant even imagine a non major party candidate getting 50% of the primary vote?

Remember Also Belly, 'If no candidate secures an absolute majority of primary votes, then the candidate with the least number of votes is "eliminated" from the count.'

I long for a misfit bunch of independents and greens holding the power. Anarchy would teach the two parties a lesson in humility. I suppose there is the danger the Libs/Labour/Nats would form a new party and we would have 1 party. Actually not that different to now.

The Administrative Bureaucracy to the Mining Industry and Banks. Has a nice ring to it.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 9:25:19 AM
'Boyfriend is in this case a sexist and abusive way to talk of our leaders partner'

Wow, I call my 'partner' my girlfriend all the time. Never knew I was being sexist and abusive.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 9:26:51 AM
Hi Ludwig. Actually, I think rehctub's last succinct comment is right on the mark, although perhaps not for the reason he thinks.

I now think that the Australian electorate probably deserves to suffer under Abbott, given Gillard's shameless dog-whistling over asylum seekers. If they respond, that is - and I'm rather hopeful that the odious strategy backfires on Labor.

The best result would be a hung parliament, with the Greens holding the balance of power in the Senate.

If the Coalition lose, the first step towards any viable resuscitation would be to ditch the vile Abbott in favour of Turnbull, I would have thought.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Tuesday, 6 July 2010 9:30:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11